Any Bass Showing Yet?

Had a go on live eels today in the Teingn Estuary, managed one about 2lb and bumped one, bloke beside me had one but that was it out of about 6 of us...

Speaking to a lad early who was fishing the sea wall ( I fish the estuary side) he had caught a few over the last few days on crab..

The end of this week should be better, once these easterlies bugger off..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all

Here you go mate, lovely fish  

mullet most probably

Mackeral are very patchy off my bit of Sussex. A few bass about but the pair trawlers have been working the ground for weeks . Apparently they are not supposed to target bass but simply claim to be after cuttle -non of them about either !

Seems the the famous Kingsmere rocks off littlehampton are to be declared a no fishing area even for hobby anglers favouring catch and release . That just means the trawlers will circle the area scooping up anything that strays from the nursery /conservation area and the long term result will be pretty much the same .

sorry to butt in,can u catch bass on lures from shore,or rocks etc.do u need deep diving lures or surface type\?

have a look at the savage lures slug. . or x-layers you wont ngo far wrong using these

• Like 1

much better yesterday fished about 300 yards down the beach and had 2 bass both about 2lbs so put them back and 13 flounder and an good eel around 2lbs so a different day all together!! now im just suffering a bit from sun stroke lol thats what 2 days on the beach does to you!!!!

• Like 1

much better yesterday fished about 300 yards down the beach and had 2 bass both about 2lbs so put them back and 13 flounder and an good eel around 2lbs so a different day all together!! now im just suffering a bit from sun stroke lol thats what 2 days on the beach does to you!!!!

Good day mate...well done.

my mates just text and hes been today and got 3 flatties and a smaller bass about a 1lbs but with rain forcast for the rest of week we probs wont fish it now for a fortnight because we fish pretty high up the estuary and fresh water pushes them back after weve had some rain :cray:

newkid. we will have to meet up on shaldon bridge one night. or come over the dart. i'll supply the crab as got pots down there. :thumbs:

Definitely mate, that would be good thanks..I met up with an old mate yesterday, he's got a few spots in the Exe I don't know about so we're going for an evening next week, on the eels again ( you can get them at Exmouth docks)...

I'd love a session on the Dart mate, I've never fished it from the shore, been out with Dave Harrison on Gemini, on the skerries a few times and wrecking quite a bit out of there. Every time I've gone down the river on the boat I e promised I'll fish the shore but not got round to it...

Aye chop chop Ant :tongue2: i had one hell of a knock on my rod (oo-er) on Sunday morning, nearly knocked the thing off the stand. Nothing took though, possibly a monster bass :cray:

I sat for 9 hrs on a beach in Cornwall, then the rod was pulled off the rocks, I grabbed it expecting that surge of a huge fish..... Nothing there lol..... I was pissed right off and went home lol

Come on Ant where's this giant bass and story we're all waiting for..... I've got work in the morning...

Edited by NEWKID