Coursing Dogs / Saluki Dogs On Deer??

All the preban topics ive seen on these types have all been about thedogs on hare or debating their effectiveness on fox. What i want to know is were these dogs any good on the deer? Did they have the strength to pull bigger deer such as sika and fallow or were they only handy on the smaller roe, muntjac and cwd?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think people need to remember if a man does his running from a motor his idea of a deer dog will be very different to someone that does it on foot

I used to have a coursing bred saluki x and by feck he could get you in trouble, he would spot them a mile away and they'd be dots on the horizon and if you didn't get to him he was gone. I remember o

We'll any you lad's haveing trouble with your Sal types breaking off hares or the dogs just becomeiong a pain in the arse for catching them reguarler! Just drop me a PM and ill take the shit off your

Posted Images

the most natural quarry of a saluki is gazzelle which is middle eastern deer so some of the descendants of the salukis are perfectly capable.Just that to much show ring breeding and lads who were out and out hare cousers neglected other quarry pre ban of course

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

I used to have a coursing bred saluki x and by feck he could get you in trouble, he would spot them a mile away and they'd be dots on the horizon and if you didn't get to him he was gone. I remember one peaceful Sunday morning when he decided to course a roe around a golf course, as you can imagine it didn't go down well when your dog is pulling a deer on the 13th hole !! :whistling: .... :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I used to have a coursing bred saluki x and by feck he could get you in trouble, he would spot them a mile away and they'd be dots on the horizon and if you didn't get to him he was gone. I remember one peaceful Sunday morning when he decided to course a roe around a golf course, as you can imagine it didn't go down well when your dog is pulling a deer on the 13th hole !! :whistling: .... :D

doesn`t just have to be saluki crosses :laugh: :laugh:

what was he doing for the other 12 holes eagles and birdies :laugh:

• Like 1

:laugh:

We'll any you lad's haveing trouble with your Sal types breaking off hares or the dogs just becomeiong a pain in the arse for catching them reguarler! Just drop me a PM and ill take the shit off your hands :laugh:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Haha some dog!!!!