Bullx Converts??

bull x not for me give me a lurcher bred dog do same job ie catch the same but a bit faster and less assell watch the crew vids turn bad lose a lot on cover where a big lurcher would catch j m o on this and i have ran bull xs 20 years ago they blow up no wind in the tank ok around a hole .atb

THEM DOGS IN THE CREW VIDS WAS CRAP THEY WERE AS COLD AS FOOK AT HEDGES.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion 2 of the best all rounders i ever had the pleasure to watch work were bull xs-both were single handed on anything with teeth-could kill them quicker than any cross ive seen before or sin

and for all the lads saying they just get tossed out of motor onto there game, its not like that one bit... and obviously never done it or use were the ones tossing them right on there game... dogs

The bull x is a breed that as really suffered from fools chucking any bull over any greyhound and thinking they've got the next best thing, sadly we all know it dosen't work like that, theres just so

In my opinion 2 of the best all rounders i ever had the pleasure to watch work were bull xs-both were single handed on anything with teeth-could kill them quicker than any cross ive seen before or since-rat,rabbit(live to hand)hare,fox,the amount of deer they took was immense-they would retrieve anything that was shot,fur,feather-wouldnt raise a lip in anger to any other dog/bitch-not like the f***ing cowards that are being bred today-more interested in fighting/killing other dogs and grabbing the arse end of the quarry-,but most the bull xs i see these days are f***ing shite and it takes 2 or more to do the job of 1 good 1 from years ago-ive seen a few from the best so called lines in the country and they aint all that,and to look at,should be able to do anything with ease-but they cant. :huh: atb

• Like 5

:hmm:Seen some nice bull blood lurchers recently...

They had been created, via the older bloodlines,.. then carefully ameliorated, with coursing types...

Real impressive animals and, in my opinion,...a definite improved type of hunting dog,...I envied their owners... :yes:

How I wish, we had such fabulous material, in the 70s and 80s,...it would have made the job a whole lot easier... :laugh:

Yeah Bull crosses,...I like em... :thumbs:

• Like 3

The bull x is a breed that as really suffered from fools chucking any bull over any greyhound and thinking they've got the next best thing, sadly we all know it dosen't work like that, theres just so many about and so many bad examples that they get labelled with all the usual shit like "too heavy, no wind, bad feet etc."

When you see a "proper" bull x go about its work its a sight to behold, they do "some" jobs so well that you can see their appeal but that same appeal as led to so much shit being bred.

• Like 4

I started off with a collie x, had a few different types, now i have a bull grey/ saluki grey. Can't really fault her but i'm thinking of going back to the collie crosses again.. but maybe 1 with a dash of bull?? There is something special about them, isn't there???

• Like 1

:hmm:Seen some nice bull blood lurchers recently...

They had been created, via the older bloodlines,.. then carefully ameliorated, with coursing types...

Real impressive animals and, in my opinion,...a definite improved type of hunting dog,...I envied their owners... :yes:

How I wish, we had such fabulous material, in the 70s and 80s,...it would have made the job a whole lot easier... :laugh:

Yeah Bull crosses,...I like em... :thumbs:

I know of the dogs your talking about .... Very impressive animals .....

And something which i hope to aim for when i eventually come to breed my coursing dog to real vermin catcher half x bitch. I just hope if any pups make the grade i can do them justice. Atb

adding to much bull to the mix can cause problems for the allround lurcher in as much as prey drive that out weighs self preservation and toughness through lack of brain, generally leads to a short lived animal, ive also seen cases where heavily bull saturated dogs actually fit because they have got that woundup. i believe that a splash of bull is far more benificial than half a glass full. One of the best looking bitches ive seen was a saluki/bull/grey however by far the best allround dog ive encountered was a mix of collie/bull/grey

had excatly that

adding to much bull to the mix can cause problems for the allround lurcher in as much as prey drive that out weighs self preservation and toughness through lack of brain, generally leads to a short lived animal, ive also seen cases where heavily bull saturated dogs actually fit because they have got that woundup. i believe that a splash of bull is far more benificial than half a glass full. One of the best looking bitches ive seen was a saluki/bull/grey however by far the best allround dog ive encountered was a mix of collie/bull/grey

had excatly that

it happens and is often mistaken for something else and the dog passed on

i bred my bitch 5 yr ago she was straight half bull grey to another straight half bull an old mate of mines.bitch was 5 an dog was 7.to be honest the pups were an still are great dogs. the drive in them is madness but also biddable.they catch good numbers at nyt but there are terrier mans ideal dog.any hole any depth they will draw an dispatch all teeth.a well respected terrierman in the north has the runt or smallest an he wudnt part with it.but on the other hand iv seen sum shit bull xs aswell i had one before i got my bitch.f***ing useless haha