Bullx Converts??

Love the half x bulls but the best allrounders Ive used for the type of hunting I prefer are lurchers with about a quarter bull and other breeds in the mix :yes: Guess I would call myself a bull x fan not a convert though :boogy:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion 2 of the best all rounders i ever had the pleasure to watch work were bull xs-both were single handed on anything with teeth-could kill them quicker than any cross ive seen before or sin

and for all the lads saying they just get tossed out of motor onto there game, its not like that one bit... and obviously never done it or use were the ones tossing them right on there game... dogs

The bull x is a breed that as really suffered from fools chucking any bull over any greyhound and thinking they've got the next best thing, sadly we all know it dosen't work like that, theres just so

paulus.i think you are right about to much bull in some cases .this cross is ideal for strenghtening weak lurcher strains.i think in a hailf cross bull you may well get some problems.but it would not occur in every case .quarter bull to quarter collie to hailf greyhound ;quarter bull to quarter saluki hailf greyhound .something on those lines would give you the build and restrengthining needed;to be honest i have not seen any first x bull xg run so i couldnt say if some lack the required speed.it would be intresting to hear from owners of this cross brains stamina speed problems etc

how many times have you herd or read on here of a heavily saturated bull x running into something verses how many collie crosses do you read or hear of doing the same thing :laugh: you also need to add whippet to your mentioned crosses to make up for whats lacking in the mix :whistling:

What will the whippet add? Yapping or shortness of breath? :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Even thinner coat :laugh:

whippets have qualities that no other breed can bring to the mix :laugh:

What will the whippet add? Yapping or shortness of breath? :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

A very silly statment :yes:

Working whippets have or did have a lot to offer the lurcher, especially the whippets that were around 20 plus year ago :yes:

Working whippets have or did have a lot to offer the lurcher, especially the whippets that were around 20 plus year ago :yes:

• Like 1

paulus.i think you are right about to much bull in some cases .this cross is ideal for strenghtening weak lurcher strains.i think in a hailf cross bull you may well get some problems.but it would not occur in every case .quarter bull to quarter collie to hailf greyhound ;quarter bull to quarter saluki hailf greyhound .something on those lines would give you the build and restrengthining needed;to be honest i have not seen any first x bull xg run so i couldnt say if some lack the required speed.it would be intresting to hear from owners of this cross brains stamina speed problems etc

how many times have you herd or read on here of a heavily saturated bull x running into something verses how many collie crosses do you read or hear of doing the same thing :laugh: you also need to add whippet to your mentioned crosses to make up for whats lacking in the mix :whistling:

Even thinner coat :laugh:
Most of the bull x's you get out with kranky have whippet in there breeding ;) and baw I'd totally agree with you I'd prefer better jackets on them which is why I can see the benifit of using Wheaton over bull but I'm happy with mine.

bull x not for me give me a lurcher bred dog do same job ie catch the same but a bit faster and less assell watch the crew vids turn bad lose a lot on cover where a big lurcher would catch j m o on this and i have ran bull xs 20 years ago they blow up no wind in the tank ok around a hole .atb

• Like 1

bull x not for me give me a lurcher bred dog do same job ie catch the same but a bit faster and less assell watch the crew vids turn bad lose a lot on cover where a big lurcher would catch j m o on this and i have ran bull xs 20 years ago they blow up no wind in the tank ok around a hole .atb

you obviously had a sh*t dog then.

• Like 2

you obviously had a sh*t dog then.

yes you might be right as i had them in my yard for 5 seasons so you would know nobber how many good ones you seen :laugh:

Sorry but you can't knock a x on poor dogs and a DVD,yes there are heavy bred dogs only good enough to catch quick quarry out of a motor and useful round a hole but there's a damn sight more so much better than that out there doing the job season after season.
  • Like 1

I got a half cross bull grey she's only 23 inch ad got a lot of gutts but she's no fighter soft as shit with other dogs people and kids and carn fault her work she can be lazy in the day don't get me wrong but that's just from experience only go on good scent boys have seen her work and nature can not judge every bullx on a only seeing a few

Don't mind him he's totally kennel blind I keep threatening to buy him a collie x salxwhip its his worst nightmare,secretly he's desperate for a bull x but after all the agg he dishes out about them he knows hell get it back in skipfulls!!!

HM, I was/am a bull cross convert, about 20 years ago when I seen first hand what a good one is capable of... Find the 'right' type, and they'll open your eyes.

If you need any more information, drop me a pm. ;)

I do apologise. Could you possibly get one of these 20 year old whippets round to line Westy76's bitch?