Bullx Converts??

paulus.i think you are right about to much bull in some cases .this cross is ideal for strenghtening weak lurcher strains.i think in a hailf cross bull you may well get some problems.but it would not occur in every case .quarter bull to quarter collie to hailf greyhound ;quarter bull to quarter saluki hailf greyhound .something on those lines would give you the build and restrengthining needed;to be honest i have not seen any first x bull xg run so i couldnt say if some lack the required speed.it would be intresting to hear from owners of this cross brains stamina speed problems etc

how many times have you herd or read on here of a heavily saturated bull x running into something verses how many collie crosses do you read or hear of doing the same thing :laugh: you also need to add whippet to your mentioned crosses to make up for whats lacking in the mix :whistling:

What will the whippet add? Yapping or shortness of breath? :laugh::laugh: :laugh:
Even thinner coat :laugh:
Most of the bull x's you get out with kranky have whippet in there breeding ;) and baw I'd totally agree with you I'd prefer better jackets on them which is why I can see the benifit of using Wheaton over bull but I'm happy with mine.

I know that!! They don't come above my knees and we can't take them out in a stiff breeze for fear of their skin being ripped to shreds!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion 2 of the best all rounders i ever had the pleasure to watch work were bull xs-both were single handed on anything with teeth-could kill them quicker than any cross ive seen before or sin

and for all the lads saying they just get tossed out of motor onto there game, its not like that one bit... and obviously never done it or use were the ones tossing them right on there game... dogs

The bull x is a breed that as really suffered from fools chucking any bull over any greyhound and thinking they've got the next best thing, sadly we all know it dosen't work like that, theres just so

paulus.i think you are right about to much bull in some cases .this cross is ideal for strenghtening weak lurcher strains.i think in a hailf cross bull you may well get some problems.but it would not occur in every case .quarter bull to quarter collie to hailf greyhound ;quarter bull to quarter saluki hailf greyhound .something on those lines would give you the build and restrengthining needed;to be honest i have not seen any first x bull xg run so i couldnt say if some lack the required speed.it would be intresting to hear from owners of this cross brains stamina speed problems etc

how many times have you herd or read on here of a heavily saturated bull x running into something verses how many collie crosses do you read or hear of doing the same thing :laugh: you also need to add whippet to your mentioned crosses to make up for whats lacking in the mix :whistling:

What will the whippet add? Yapping or shortness of breath? :laugh::laugh: :laugh:
Even thinner coat :laugh:
Most of the bull x's you get out with kranky have whippet in there breeding ;) and baw I'd totally agree with you I'd prefer better jackets on them which is why I can see the benifit of using Wheaton over bull but I'm happy with mine.

I know that!! They don't come above my knees and we can't take them out in a stiff breeze for fear of their skin being ripped to shreds!!
You being near as dammit 7ft don't bloody help and yeah yeah yeah :)

Well a mate of mine has a litter of 4/8 greyhound 2/8 whippets 1/8 collie and 1/8 bull both worker to worker sire 3/4 bull hound ,dam bitch 1/2 whippet 1/4 collie 1/4 greyhound i will be getting one myself will make top class all rounders :thumbs: the sire change dmy views on bulls crosses

• Like 1

Troter58 just because you had them around for 5 seasons does not mean you had good animals around you :hmm:

and

you would know they were not good animals ??? ffs i am just saying what i seen and done with them and thats not tossing them out of a 4x4 on top of game there good animals but a lurcher will do the same job but faster to many come on here with half baked ideas about these dogs when they have never been out and tested the dog to it max they fit if pushed hard they got the turning circle of a wagon and can suffer from bad feet if people are going to comment be honest about it not bigging a cross up cos they have one at the moment oh and my dicks bigger than yours :D .atb

I like the bull x , if someone else owns it :laugh:

Both of my dogs have bull in them (sires to them were both 3/8s bull) but I don't need bull in my lurchers with the type of hunting I do I'd rather own a 3/4 collie 1/4 grey than any other type

and for all the lads saying they just get tossed out of motor onto there game, its not like that one bit... and obviously never done it or

use were the ones tossing them right on there game... dogs that go out of the motor have still got to do a lot of running, when they leave

the car there game is already in full flight, the dog is not, plus this is a way of getting them n alot of game in one night to test them... a

motor dog, one you can walk with and lamp, road siding and out with terriers, a good dog will do them all ;)

Edited by DOGGINLAD
  • Like 5

In bred bull lurchers for years..3/8 5/8 bull greyhound no other mix breed in it. If u wnt drive an gamniss ther the way forward for lamping Charlie. If u wnt a rabbit dog stick wif the whippet cross.

Troter58 just because you had them around for 5 seasons does not mean you had good animals around you :hmm:

and

you would know they were not good animals ??? ffs i am just saying what i seen and done with them and thats not tossing them out of a 4x4 on top of game there good animals but a lurcher will do the same job but faster to many come on here with half baked ideas about these dogs when they have never been out and tested the dog to it max they fit if pushed hard they got the turning circle of a wagon and can suffer from bad feet if people are going to comment be honest about it not bigging a cross up cos they have one at the moment oh and my dicks bigger than yours :D .atb

:angel: what you know about bull xs id say your dick is fairly small from owning shit d*gs!

Iv seen a couple so far that have impressed me and they were not getting yhrown out of a jeep or car. I seen a pup at twelve month take forty odd bunnys and a hare on lamp in jan. In feb she done fifty. She marks wuilst ferrting and foxing and all this from a lump of a bullx. I seen many I ddnt rate but I now know a good one can do it all. Troter I agree but all crosses throw shit everythkng from yapping bedyxs to choosey colliexs so its obvious bullx will throw some shit aswell but I bet a good one is more versatile than most other types or crosses

• Like 1

troter reading your posts it does seem like you had some bad animals :yes: they fit, they turn like a wagon an they had bad feet... :icon_redface:

so you saying they dont do that :laugh: ffs got to love this place blinkers well on and not saying bulls are shite you get good and bad in every breed just be honest about it .atb

troter reading your posts it does seem like you had some bad animals :yes: they fit, they turn like a wagon an they had bad feet... :icon_redface:

so you saying they dont do that :laugh: ffs got to love this place blinkers well on and not saying bulls are shite you get good and bad in every breed just be honest about it .atb

No am not saying there arent bull x's out there like that, what i am saying is yes they are out there, there the bad batch! and you had them so get your blinkers off just because you had shit!

If dogs are fitting when you have got them out, then they certaintly put into that position, unfit, or pushed well too much when they should not of been, you

should know when to pick a dog up and finish for the night! same with any dog, you take a saluki greyhound and give it to much unfit or even if they are as fit as you can get them, and you give them that one more trust me there going to do the same as what a bull x would do and gas right out and collapse...

• Like 2