Bad Shit!

had the same problem with my bitch outside toe on right front foot,done everything from rest to lead walking at the vets 3 or 4 times toe never came right,vet was putting me of having the toe removed,in the end up i just told them i wanted it of,the best thing i ever done bitch had no problems since.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate he's white   Ground is fine here, just the terrain is "difficult"   Cheers, D.

Feck me, some serious advice here and seemingly based on experience. Personally I'd err on the side of caution. You can always take it off but you can't change your mind and put it back on.

Won't be too much of a hindrance D,if it had been the inside one then it could of been problematic..I'd just let it be now,it'll callous over in the next few months,if it becomes a ball ache get it re

Posted Images

Running dogs either have good feet or they don't,there's no inbetween,the top joint of the toe next to it looks fecked as well,I don't know how its bred but bad feet don't get better with time,dogs either have the brains to adjust their speed to the terrain or like a lot close to the greyhound or bull will suffer lots of foot injuries causing early retirement,WM

Running dogs either have good feet or they don't,there's no inbetween,the top joint of the toe next to it looks fecked as well,I don't know how its bred but bad feet don't get better with time,dogs either have the brains to adjust their speed to the terrain or like a lot close to the greyhound or bull will suffer lots of foot injuries causing early retirement,WM

would trotting them alongside a bike help improve their feet? I'm not saying they'd make bad feet good, but wouldn't it help?

A dog can have the best feet in the world, but if it is unlucky enough to strike a stone or half buried farm implement at the wrong angle when running hard, or turning at speed ... well, bones break, lumps of iron or stone tend not to.

• Like 1

had the same problem with my bitch outside toe on right front foot,done everything from rest to lead walking at the vets 3 or 4 times toe never came right,vet was putting me of having the toe removed,in the end up i just told them i wanted it of,the best thing i ever done bitch had no problems since.

had the same bother myself a couple of times if in doubt cut it out

We don't know how exactly the OP's dog broke its toe in the first place. Not having seen a photo of the dog we don't know how good or bad its feet are, which is why I said what I said. Sometimes it is just bad luck: I had a bitch who, whilst coursing, found the only sharp object on a fen of soft silt: not a stone or anything in sight: bad luck. Sliced through all the tendons in her foot. Just plain bad luck: that's what I meant.

would trotting them alongside a bike help improve their feet? I'm not saying they'd make bad feet good, but wouldn't it help?

Apart from toughening the pads,and shortening the nails,trotting a dog wont make the bones any more durable,as far as looks go it's nice to have tight cat like feet on a dog,but there is no guarantee that they will be any more resistant to damage than a more flat footed dog,it's all in the bones,and to some extent running style,terrain etc

We don't know how exactly the OP's dog broke its toe in the first place. Not having seen a photo of the dog we don't know how good or bad its feet are, which is why I said what I said. Sometimes it is just bad luck: I had a bitch who, whilst coursing, found the only sharp object on a fen of soft silt: not a stone or anything in sight: bad luck. Sliced through all the tendons in her foot. Just plain bad luck: that's what I meant.

His feet are decent Penny, but, he is a "very determined" sort of dog :yes:

Cheers, D.

Skycat,I normally agree with most of your posts but the last one makes no sense,its quite obvious that bone will break before stone or metal !! my dogs are run on old tips,railway lines,in fact almost anywhere were vermin can be found and the feet on a pup is the first thing I look for and a bit of brain,parents that have been relatively free of injuries and good workers,not any old sh*te that has been thrown together because it once seen a rabbit,WMmy present bitch is like all my others run anywhere,roads and allattachicon.giftest pics 141.jpg

So you think it's a good idea to run ye dog on roads ffs lol

well you can run them on ALL-TERRAIN LOL

Skycat,I normally agree with most of your posts but the last one makes no sense,its quite obvious that bone will break before stone or metal !! my dogs are run on old tips,railway lines,in fact almost anywhere were vermin can be found and the feet on a pup is the first thing I look for and a bit of brain,parents that have been relatively free of injuries and good workers,not any old sh*te that has been thrown together because it once seen a rabbit,WMmy present bitch is like all my others run anywhere,roads and allattachicon.giftest pics 141.jpg

So you think it's a good idea to run ye dog on roads ffs lol

MY dogs are used wherever the job is,I pest control 2 large estates 7 days a week and that includes the villages,gardens and country lanes, barring the odd cut stopper on hard roads my dogs remain injury free,that bitch in the pic is 4 yr old and can catch anything,anywhere,she can adapt her speed to the environment we are hunting,don't measure other peoples dogs by your own lack of owning a decent dog,roads are not ideal and I would not advocate people running on them but sometimes thats where the bunnies are,I average between 1500-5000 bunnies a year so a dog thats injury prone would not suit me,we took 1200 bunnies out that little village in the pic but most were on the fields and parkland,WM

attachicon.gifCSC_5935.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_2581.jpg

well said mate are they beddy crosses mate ?