Whos Had A Big Influance On Your Life

I suppose my old fella shaped me but probably not In the way I would have wanted ... He Hd served in some shit holes and then after his time in the forces spent his time working down the pit ... Me and my brothers were brought up in a miming village where you were a man or you were walked over ... I remember being very young and having such a beating with a stick for some trivial thing hat I was in bed pissing and shitting myself for days because I couldn't feel my legs and he wouldn't let me old dear call for a doctor .... He bust my nose when I was ten ... I remember losing a Fight to a lad called brian lane when I was around 12 and my old man questioning me about it when I told him the lad was a lot bigger and older than me he took me out the garden and beat f**k out of me ... When I finally dragged my arse off the floor he said to me no lad would be as big as him and I had survived that so dont lose another fukcing fight ..... He turned me into a lad that would fight any fukcer at the drop of a hat ... I ended up in DC through violence and when my eldes girl was a few months old I was up for maliciouse GBH and looking at 5 years ... By some miracle I got off with it and decided that I needed to change my way of life or not see my kids grow up so I joined the army .....

Now the strange thing is that although I fukcing hated what my old fella put me through and had turned me into that pure aggression and a desire to win live or die at any cost served me well for the 22 years that I was in the army and it kept me alive in every stinking shit hole they sent me to .....

Would I have liked to have been shaped by something or somebody else ... Fukcing right I would have .......

However the one good thing tha came from it all is that I am the complete opposite to my lad fella with my kids ... I never dictated to them certainly never beat them and I listened to them and heir dramas and done the best I could to help and guide them with love ........

These days I have gone the complete opposite and unless you fukc with my wife or my kids then I would rather buy you a beer than get into a ruck with you ... Life's to short and the bruises and pain take longer to go at my age :laugh: .......

i thought i use to have hidings ,......but mine seem pritty minor compared to use socks.......

if im honest me old man was either a work a holic or in the pub ,......didnt have much time for us ........mother done everything with us......

my dads effection was giving us money and still is today ........he cant show effection.......or emotion .....hes a tough man who for some reason never or couldnt show love.........

me grandparents ,aunties and uncles were what got me into working dogs and im nothing like me ma and pa they see me as the out cross...........bit rugged and shaggy not there prim and proper boy they brought up lol.........

unless im going out of a night you will always see me in rags for going to work.......i wont change for no one.......

enjoy me kids and i have a long journey now me wife gone on the other side but i owe so much to my wife .......she was so strong willed and minded and she changed me for the better ........having not met her the local police say i would of been locked up ...........but boy dont women change you ......and now i wouldnt have it any other way .....

use to be on the piss all the time when younger ,.,......but now given the choice of a pint or a walk out with the mutts .......mutts everytime......

if my mrs thought you were lying ..........bang she would be in your face and up front with you .........she took know shite and i guess when our children came along she gave up everything to be a dedicated mother and a true inspiration to our children.......trouble is i thought i could carry on drinking and living me social life but one way or another she changed me into a family man and then my passion for dogs sort of came with that and i honestly thought nothing would change me ......im stronger now ......and thanks to her im there for our kids and trying to do everything she would of done........i know years ago i wouldnt of coped on me own but she made me into man and what hurts most is that i cant thank her personally but the way i do thank her is to give our children everything she would of.........shell you changed my life xxx

Heart felt respect for you mate

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Id say the biggest influence over me was probably my old boxing manager......he saw good in me where nobody else did and left a lasting impression on me in my understanding of competetive spirit and d

Well apart from obviously my Mum and Dad who i think brought me up really well then the next biggest figure in my life would be my Grandad on my Mums side. He's the one that got me interested in the

My dirty old uncle.he was a rubbish ventriloquist.he used to stickis fingers up my arse and ask me to say nothing.

Posted Images

I suppose my old fella shaped me but probably not In the way I would have wanted ... He Hd served in some shit holes and then after his time in the forces spent his time working down the pit ... Me and my brothers were brought up in a miming village where you were a man or you were walked over ... I remember being very young and having such a beating with a stick for some trivial thing hat I was in bed pissing and shitting myself for days because I couldn't feel my legs and he wouldn't let me old dear call for a doctor .... He bust my nose when I was ten ... I remember losing a Fight to a lad called brian lane when I was around 12 and my old man questioning me about it when I told him the lad was a lot bigger and older than me he took me out the garden and beat f**k out of me ... When I finally dragged my arse off the floor he said to me no lad would be as big as him and I had survived that so dont lose another fukcing fight ..... He turned me into a lad that would fight any fukcer at the drop of a hat ... I ended up in DC through violence and when my eldes girl was a few months old I was up for maliciouse GBH and looking at 5 years ... By some miracle I got off with it and decided that I needed to change my way of life or not see my kids grow up so I joined the army .....

Now the strange thing is that although I fukcing hated what my old fella put me through and had turned me into that pure aggression and a desire to win live or die at any cost served me well for the 22 years that I was in the army and it kept me alive in every stinking shit hole they sent me to .....

Would I have liked to have been shaped by something or somebody else ... Fukcing right I would have .......

However the one good thing tha came from it all is that I am the complete opposite to my lad fella with my kids ... I never dictated to them certainly never beat them and I listened to them and heir dramas and done the best I could to help and guide them with love ........

These days I have gone the complete opposite and unless you fukc with my wife or my kids then I would rather buy you a beer than get into a ruck with you ... Life's to short and the bruises and pain take longer to go at my age :laugh: .......

i thought i use to have hidings ,......but mine seem pritty minor compared to use socks.......

if im honest me old man was either a work a holic or in the pub ,......didnt have much time for us ........mother done everything with us......

my dads effection was giving us money and still is today ........he cant show effection.......or emotion .....hes a tough man who for some reason never or couldnt show love.........

me grandparents ,aunties and uncles were what got me into working dogs and im nothing like me ma and pa they see me as the out cross...........bit rugged and shaggy not there prim and proper boy they brought up lol.........

unless im going out of a night you will always see me in rags for going to work.......i wont change for no one.......

enjoy me kids and i have a long journey now me wife gone on the other side but i owe so much to my wife .......she was so strong willed and minded and she changed me for the better ........having not met her the local police say i would of been locked up ...........but boy dont women change you ......and now i wouldnt have it any other way .....

use to be on the piss all the time when younger ,.,......but now given the choice of a pint or a walk out with the mutts .......mutts everytime......

if my mrs thought you were lying ..........bang she would be in your face and up front with you .........she took know shite and i guess when our children came along she gave up everything to be a dedicated mother and a true inspiration to our children.......trouble is i thought i could carry on drinking and living me social life but one way or another she changed me into a family man and then my passion for dogs sort of came with that and i honestly thought nothing would change me ......im stronger now ......and thanks to her im there for our kids and trying to do everything she would of done........i know years ago i wouldnt of coped on me own but she made me into man and what hurts most is that i cant thank her personally but the way i do thank her is to give our children everything she would of.........shell you changed my life xxx

My old man wasn't shy when it can to dishing out the backhanders...way over the score a times...his father before him had been exactly the same.. after getting a serious hiding one day I can remember (I'd be about 10 at the time) promising myself that if I had kids I would never lift a hand and I haven't...ever...got 5 kids ranging between 21 years old and 10 months and have never smacked any of them...I know how unhappy the beltings made me and how the pain felt...could never do that to my kids... :thumbs:

• Like 2

Those kids are going to have so much respect for you mate, as I've said in the past my heart goes out to you..

All the best

Kev

• Like 1

My old man wasn't shy when it can to dishing out the backhanders...way over the score a times...his father before him had been exactly the same.. after getting a serious hiding one day I can remember (I'd be about 10 at the time) promising myself that if I had kids I would never lift a hand and I haven't...ever...got 5 kids ranging between 21 years old and 10 months and have never smacked any of them...I know how unhappy the beltings made me and how the pain felt...could never do that to my kids... :thumbs:

Took some real punishment from my dad too, remember once getting the belt for stealing a sweet worth 2p I was 6 or 7 and it feckin hurt :laugh:

Said the same thing, I will never chastise my kids in the same way :no:

same here, my old man hit in guts and dropped me to the deck, was teen and i thought at the time, would you have done that if i was older+ bigger. Well i turned out bigger than my old man 6ft 13st, he was 5ft 9in and slim.Iam bigger than my son ,but never hit him, had few words in his ear lol. But when you hit your kids , dont mean slap round the ear , or boot up arse lol thats ok.But not like he done to me when i couldnt get my breath thats just a feckin bully fact .

• Like 1

My grandad was the man who influenced my earlier life. He taught me the fundamentals of right from wrong. He always told me once you had those sorted out, you could work the rest out for yourself. I tried to live by that ideal as I completely believed in him and didn't want to let him down in any way. After he died, I went off the rails a bit.

Sickly as it sounds, my mrs has had a big influence too. i met her when I was quite young and she steered me away from the path I had decided. If I hadn't met her, I would definitely have gone to prison and generally have been one of lifes shitbags.. It was only a matter of time. She's not really a goody-two-shoes, but she knew I was going somewhere neither of us wanted.

The last influence on my life was my mother. Let's just say I learnt from her how NOT to bring up childen. By doing almost the opposite she did with me, I think we've done alright on the child-raising front.

• Like 4

My grandad was the man who influenced my earlier life. He taught me the fundamentals of right from wrong. He always told me once you had those sorted out, you could work the rest out for yourself. I tried to live by that ideal as I completely believed in him and didn't want to let him down in any way. After he died, I went off the rails a bit.

Sickly as it sounds, my mrs has had a big influence too. i met her when I was quite young and she steered me away from the path I had decided. If I hadn't met her, I would definitely have gone to prison and generally have been one of lifes shitbags.. It was only a matter of time. She's not really a goody-two-shoes, but she knew I was going somewhere neither of us wanted.

The last influence on my life was my mother. Let's just say I learnt from her how NOT to bring up childen. By doing almost the opposite she did with me, I think we've done alright on the child-raising front.

Doesn't sound sickly at all mate - my wife has made me a better person no doubt about it...she's good for me on so many levels...keeps it all together and I wouldn't know what to do without her to be honest...maybe I should tell her how I feel about her more often...now that is sickly eh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 3

Doesn't sound sickly at all mate - my wife has made me a better person no doubt about it...she's good for me on so many levels...keeps it all together and I wouldn't know what to do without her to be honest...maybe I should tell her how I feel about her more often...now that is sickly eh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't tell them. Don't want them getting ideas above their station. :thumbs::laugh:

Blimey that was hard reading !.........I have a strange fascination with the father/son relationship i think its really interesting how we look back and can suddenly put things together and it all makes sense............Without wishing to sound impolite Socks your ol man sounds a horrible c**t the sort of bully id take a great interest in seeing suffer if it was my father........not necessarily physically but i know i couldnt rest.............

By the sound of it you was a let down to your father through no fault of your own....i was a let down to my father only in my case it was my fault !.........He was a top fighter in the ring and was very well known and respected locally.........i remember winning a fight at York Hall and some ol boy out the audience saying to me after the fight " you,ll never be as good as your ol man "......it hurt me.....i wasnt anywhere near as good as him in the ring so figured i would get my respect out of the ring but the respect i got brought shame to him as he was a good honest man.....

Truth be told i think most of my adult life ive been an embarassment to him and he kind of distanced himself from me in later years.............ive realised over time the things we crave to have and be all our lives are the things that end up meaning the least......id give it all back to have my ol fella look at me with respect in his eyes rather than contempt.......we got on and were certainly not enemies but deep down i always knew what he really thought.

Anyway....thankyou for sharing lifes expriences its impressive to hear a man feeding off his emotions...........and by your previous writings id say your a man whos come to the front in life in more ways than one...............so with that kind of start in life id say thats to be admired. :victory:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

it was my dad who had the big influence on me he was a very fit and very STRONG man he used to take me coursing when i was a kid and it was anything what moved all legal at the time but my mother hated it she said i was far to young to be in to blood sports lol the last time i went out with my dad was when i was around 10 and what a night it was but the next few days after was heart breaking my dad had a stroke at 30 he lost his speach and alot of the feeling in the right side of his body my dad loved his running dogs but he had to give them away to good mates as me and my bro were far to young now 17 years on he has had another 5 major strokes and 5 mini strokes but hes still here i took him out for the first time in many years in december past we only got 2 rabbits and my dad was done but seeing his reaction when my dog caught is something i will never forget he went to mush even thought he was struggling he still got excited over the run more than the kill this man is my idol

• Like 4

Blimey that was hard reading !.........I have a strange fascination with the father/son relationship i think its really interesting how we look back and can suddenly put things together and it all makes sense............Without wishing to sound impolite Socks your ol man sounds a horrible c**t the sort of bully id take a great interest in seeing suffer if it was my father........not necessarily physically but i know i couldnt rest.............

By the sound of it you was a let down to your father through no fault of your own....i was a let down to my father only in my case it was my fault !.........He was a top fighter in the ring and was very well known and respected locally.........i remember winning a fight at York Hall and some ol boy out the audience saying to me after the fight " you,ll never be as good as your ol man "......it hurt me.....i wasnt anywhere near as good as him in the ring so figured i would get my respect out of the ring but the respect i got brought shame to him as he was a good honest man.....

Truth be told i think most of my adult life ive been an embarassment to him and he kind of distanced himself from me in later years.............ive realised over time the things we crave to have and be all our lives are the things that end up meaning the least......id give it all back to have my ol fella look at me with respect in his eyes rather than contempt.......we got on and were certainly not enemies but deep down i always knew what he really thought.

Anyway....thankyou for sharing lifes expriences its impressive to hear a man feeding off his emotions...........and by your previous writings id say your a man whos come to the front in life in more ways than one...............so with that kind of start in life id say thats to be admired. :victory:

My father was/is a tough hard b***%*d .... I never seen a single person front up to him or argue with him ... Once he said something that was it .... I left home at 15 and didn't speak to my father until my first kid was born when I was 22 ... Weirdly my daughter changed him completely I only have brothers and I think my old fella wanted a daughter and would have been a more mellow person if he didn't have a house full of boys ... There is many a time I have sat and wanted to smash the f**k out of him for what I whent through as a kid BUT when all is said and done he is my father and I couldn't rais a hand to him ......

He was brought up on the end of a belt and stick and I believe he wasnt mentally strong enough to break that cycle with his own kids .... Luckily myself and my brothers were able to change that and none of us have gone down the path my father took with us ..............

• Like 8