Shocking Dog Attack

have i got this right , because the dog attacked on private property the owners not liable to be prosecuted because the child wasnt an intruder ? but if it had happened in the street the owner would be prosecuted ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is bigger than this, it's a completely deterioration of British society, morals and standards! We can keep bringing in regulations and bans and laws but the cause will remain, no honour, n

5 big strong aggressive dogs in a pokey little house in a heavily populated area,surely theres got to come a time when some sort of authority must step in and say no..........some folk need protecting

Simple......you bring out mandatory insurance policies and good old fashioned dog licenses............no insurance you lose your licence.....own a dog without a licence your banged up. Same as cars..

Posted Images

That seems to be what the news is saying - although the owner seeing what happened and leaving the scene doesn't sound good - if that is what happened. Details seems so sketchy still.

I trust my dogs - I would never say 100% because at the end of the day they are animals. I don't trust people 100% either - no one can know how they will react in a given situation.

I would not - and have never - left my dogs with anyone else alone that wasn't part of the immediate family. I would never leave any of them alone with a child - family or not. At the end of the day, how could you live with yourself if something happened ?

So what the hell was the point in changing the law to protect people who were not resident at a property but were there as visiting or postal workers delivery drivers , if there not going to prosecute this dog peddling owner then the new amendments count for nothing

So what the hell was the point in changing the law to protect people who were not resident at a property but were there as visiting or postal workers delivery drivers , if there not going to prosecute this dog peddling owner then the new amendments count for nothing

Exactly.

Madness.

Apparently the police have " spoken" to the owners. Well that's ok then.

Exactly.

Madness.

Apparently the police have " spoken" to the owners. Well that's ok then.

Jesus christ its taken the death of a 14 year old child to prove that the laws not worth the paper its written on & yet the police can & do seize a dog because it '' looks like a banned breed '' despite the dog having shown no signs of aggression ... utter madness :censored:

• Like 3

Me ad get the thick north face wearing c**t take him her to a emty slurry pit strip the twat blocko cover the c**t in slauter offal. Throw him her in the pit and throw a dozen starved proper pitts in. Oh and tape a couple of pies to the c**ts hands Because thats what they did leaving a baby in a house. With five. Dogs they fed her to a pack ,

Whilst not averse to a small wager I'm not quite sure why you have the convictions that because a breed is KC no restrictions or bans could be imposed

Well why havent they been then ?..............Or is it only recently that dogs have started biting people !

To be honest I believe it's not had enough public backing, you know what these politicians are, if enough people are up in arms about an item be that firearm or dog they will usually cave in to make it appear they are the voice of the people.

Again don't wish to go on about it but handguns had been killing a few people a year for years yet some evil sick b*****d goes into a school and does what he does and the whole lot is banned on the wave of a public outcry.

I reckon if one more kid is killed by these dogs in the next 12 months something will happen. I for one wouldn't want a ban to happen but ownership of these dogs shouldn't be so easily available to any skanky track suit wearing chav who only wants the dog to make him look "ard"

Me personally I don't understand why somone would want to own one of these dogs in the first place, I know a few lads on here have them and seem responsible in their attitude to owning such a breed, but that is soley my opinion and each to there own I guess, I just prefer daft springers :thumbs:

From whats being said the dogs were locked up in the kitchen and the girl walked in, she had been left alone in the house she was staying at

whilst the owners daughter and another friend had nipped to the shop, the two girls came back and found the girl lying there

they ran off to phone for help, the owner of the dogs had apparently already said before that the mastiff was aggressive.

There was 2 staffys, 1 young AB, 1 mastiff and a little fluffy shitzu type thing ( presume that is the one that wasn't shot) in the house.

no one is certain the girl was even eating a pie.

from what i have found out though is i don't think the dogs were walked all that often, the owner had health problems.

no amount of money is going to fetch this poor girl back,so why line some insurance companys pocket.Idont know the answer but it doesnt work with uninsured car drivers they get stopped car taken off em and just get another one same would happen with dogs

Burglars rob houses go to prison then come out and rob more houses..........so what should we do make burglary legal ?................

Just because a law is not enforced properly shouldnt mean we give up on the law..............just make sure we DO enforce it properly.

most of the burglars dont go to jail no fcuking room for them so lets make another law that wont work and if these dogs had been chipped and insured would this not have happened?yes should make burglary legal and also the right to defend your property with lethal force,burglary problem solved

To be honest I believe it's not had enough public backing, you know what these politicians are, if enough people are up in arms about an item be that firearm or dog they will usually cave in to make it appear they are the voice of the people.

Again don't wish to go on about it but handguns had been killing a few people a year for years yet some evil sick b*****d goes into a school and does what he does and the whole lot is banned on the wave of a public outcry.

I reckon if one more kid is killed by these dogs in the next 12 months something will happen. I for one wouldn't want a ban to happen but ownership of these dogs shouldn't be so easily available to any skanky track suit wearing chav who only wants the dog to make him look "ard"

Me personally I don't understand why somone would want to own one of these dogs in the first place, I know a few lads on here have them and seem responsible in their attitude to owning such a breed, but that is soley my opinion and each to there own I guess, I just prefer daft springers :thumbs:

Can you honestly see a breed of dog that does a jolly little trot across a Crufts showring every year being on a banned breeds list ?......The 150 odd year old kennel club being one of the most corrupt organisations in existence .........................................how strange that the only 4 breeds of dog on the banned breeds list are breeds not even recognised by the kennel club.......3 of which have never even stepped foot in Britain in the first place !

It would take a Rottweiler or Stafford to remove the arms of The Queen and Prince Charles before putting them on a banned breeds list would even be considered !

after reading this and that about what can be done and shoud be done can anybody tell me what a dog wardens job duties are?

Issuing fines for not picking up your dogs shit

That can be one of the jobs but I think there is a bit more to it :) Every local authority has to provide a stray dog service and the dog warden collects stray dogs and arranges their kenneling for a minimum of 7 days. If the dog is not collected it then becomes the property of the council and can be rehomed. They normally run an educational programme, talking to schools and clubs etc and provide a microchipping service. Now for the dangerous dog stuff! They can and do get involved with dog aggression and dog attacks. In some places they have the authority to tell an owner to leash their dog if the dog is out of control and if they dont they can be fined or taken to court. dog on dog or dog on person attacks in a public place can be dealt with under the DDA(dangerous dogs act). Dog attacks in a private place can be dealt with under the dogs act 1871 which is where the police or council can apply to the courts for conditions to be placed upon the dog, such as muzzling or in the extreme, a destruction order. This only lasts as long as the owner has the dog, if rehomed the order no longer remains. The DDA has different parts, one deals with banned breeds and another deals with dogs "dangerously out of control in a public place" in which to frighten someone actually constitutes an offence. I hope this helps :thumbs: