East End Gangsters

Paul ferris not from the east end but he seemed naughty!! Read a few of his books good read.

I met ferris years ago. Seemedva decent chap. ut his reputation says it all. Scariest guy I ever met was a fat rapist poof as it goes. Googlo martin hamilton. Aka hammy the poof. Guy is an outright bully with folks he knows he can get away with it. But trys to be a good guy to the folks that don't fear him. What a tit I couldn't give the chap the time a day. No mater who hisour mutual friends are. What is it with gangstters an taking it up the wrong hole haha

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres nothing glamorous at all about villany, the perception of "glamour" comes from films and tv. The reality is plenty of time looking over your shoulder, plenty of time behind the door with a loa

What Gnasher says about the krays rings right, they where pure gangsters , lived and breathed the whole scene, born out of the frustration of abject poverty, they really set the bench mark for the who

If we want to talk real villainy that knocks all else into a cocked hat then have a look at the EU, just cleared out £10 billion from Cypriot banks in full view of the whole world and got away with it

Wilf I was in no way trying portray these types as glamorous or what they did as cool or whatever ... I just wondered if anybody on here or their parents had mixed with these guys and were are the tv programmes and books true to life or as most things hyper sensationalised and actually they were down to earth normal blokes ............

Wilf I was in no way trying portray these types as glamorous or what they did as cool or whatever ... I just wondered if anybody on here or their parents had mixed with these guys and were are the tv programmes and books true to life or as most things hyper sensationalised and actually they were down to earth normal blokes ............

I used to work with a guy who did a few "jobs" with Roy Shaw, he said he was crackers. My son -in -law's dad is in the "Hard b*****ds" book, only met him once, he seemed a nice enough guy, large but quiet.

Lenny Maclean was not much of a boxer.I believe a decent pro-fighter called Johnny Waldron was a bit too hot for him. Definitely a force on the cobbles .

A lot of doormen get a rep from slapping a few kids around, as another poster said there are different ways to go about the job

.I dont know if Maclean took liberties , but some of them definitely do.

Many years ago, when I was in my teens a bouncer gave me a going over.I was the innocent party which he may or may not have known,[ dont think he cared really,] I was in bed for a couple of days, cracked ribs etc.

Evened things up a month later with a baseball bat.

Trouble is with the liberty takers is they forget they are going to get old like the rest of us, then the sons of those who have been shit on come looking to set things straight.

I was having a drink a few years ago with a fella who runs a security firm, he used to clout a few kids, doing the door at the local discos, must be 55' ish now , he went for a pee, then came running out of the gents, everyone moved out of the way,[ he must be nearly 20stone, and its juiced up muscle],three guys in their 20's chased after him. In answer to our mystified looks , the barmaid said," he filled their dad in years ago."

What goes around etc.

• Like 1

i dont rate the british so called gangsters in money terms that is,they have made pennies compared to the likes of the mobs in america people like capone making millions in 1930!!people like sammy the bull loaded with cash and henry hill both informants in the end but made serious amounts of cash.and were running rackets all over.

were they all go wrong is the violence this is what gets them the time ect.

Sammy the Bull is currently broke, he's been kicked out of witness protection and is still pursued by the Gambino family.

Henry Hill ended up broke, kicked out of the witness protection program(due to drug charges and operating an illegal mail fraud scheme whilst in Federal care. Although the latter was kept very hush-hush by the feds). He died, penniless.

Edited by Milwr Jr.

reputation means nothing today with the way the kids are they fear no one,most can easily get hold of a gun and are not afraid to use it :thumbs:

Incorrect.

Reputation will still carry a degree of fear. In the circles of the criminal fraternity, a fierce reputation still holds sway over people.

reputation means nothing today with the way the kids are they fear no one,most can easily get hold of a gun and are not afraid to use it :thumbs:

Incorrect.

Reputation will still carry a degree of fear. In the circles of the criminal fraternity, a fierce reputation still holds sway over people.

my generation feared them but now its all changed,we see and hear about it on a daily basis so yours is incorrect

• Like 1

Incorrect.

my generation feared them but now its all changed,we see and hear about it on a daily basis so yours is incorrect

I think not.

There are still those people around, doing their business and earning their rep.

I defy you to walk up to a few of the local big boys round my part and say their rep means nothing. Because nobody around here will.

Thus, my point is correct. Reputation is still a currency in the criminal fraternity.

• Like 1

Incorrect.

I think not.

There are still those people around, doing their business and earning their rep.

I defy you to walk up to a few of the local big boys round my part and say their rep means nothing. Because nobody around here will.

Thus, my point is correct. Reputation is still a currency in the criminal fraternity.

all im saying is from what you here and read that even the people who are supposed to have the reputations dont even mess with the kids as a lot of people have found out the hard way

Incorrect.

I think not.

all im saying is from what you here and read that even the people who are supposed to have the reputations dont even mess with the kids as a lot of people have found out the hard way

There will always be the young upstarts who are too stupid to realise who their f***ing with, has been since the dawn of crime. For the most part though, people know who not to f**k with.

The only reputation anyone needs to worry about is if someone's a decent bloke or a c**t then you know if to stay away from them or not.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4