East End Gangsters

My opinion is that folk who are not familiar with those type of people wrongly assume that the " other" part of people's life must figure heavily in just knowing them.

The fact is it doesn't come up, it's not mentioned or thought about.......no different than a painter & decorator doesn't come home and talk about paint all the time

As grown men we do however have to be honest about that " other" part of people's life's and not see it through rosé coloured specs.......it's ugly, ugly as f**k.

As I said before, there are some lovely blokes and some right horrible b*****ds, same a with any walk of life, but it don't make what they sometimes do " all right "

Obviously, all of the above is just my own guesswork and assumption

Edited by WILF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres nothing glamorous at all about villany, the perception of "glamour" comes from films and tv. The reality is plenty of time looking over your shoulder, plenty of time behind the door with a loa

What Gnasher says about the krays rings right, they where pure gangsters , lived and breathed the whole scene, born out of the frustration of abject poverty, they really set the bench mark for the who

If we want to talk real villainy that knocks all else into a cocked hat then have a look at the EU, just cleared out £10 billion from Cypriot banks in full view of the whole world and got away with it

As I said before, there are some lovely blokes and some right horrible b*****ds, same a with any walk of life, but it don't make what they sometimes do " all right "

My opinion is that the genuinely " horrible b*****ds " dont last...............and the decent people regardless of how they earn dough....do last.

Thats only a theory based on very basic belief in my fellow man in that ultimately you get what you deserve.

People like the old timers spoken of here.....Mclean/Shaw/Richardsons etc all but for tragic illness lived out a good life to a decent age...........the " horrible b*****ds " tend not to reach retirement.

• Like 1

My opinion is that the genuinely " horrible b*****ds " dont last...............and the decent people regardless of how they earn dough....do last.

Thats only a theory based on very basic belief in my fellow man in that ultimately you get what you deserve.

People like the old timers spoken of here.....Mclean/Shaw/Richardsons etc all but for tragic illness lived out a good life to a decent age...........the " horrible b*****ds " tend not to reach retirement.

I will disagree with you there mate, it's a lotto and you just don't know what's round the corner no matter who you are or how you behave, when your times up, it's up especially if someone is moving in that type of world..........just my opinion like.

f**k me, it's gonna make for an interesting evening at York Hall if we ever manage to fix that up ! Lol lol

;)

seems like the ice man is fabricated he links himself to all the big hits of the time but never no other mention of him been on hit other than himself like the ones with demeo,castellano,gigante and the bloke who killed john gottis lad and many more

• Like 1

seems like the ice man is fabricated he links himself to all the big hits of the time but never no other mention of him been on hit other than himself like the ones with demeo,castellano,gigante and the bloke who killed john gottis lad and many more

what ever the truth is old Walter was a very bad man. i watched the documentaries on him and i think he was every bit a bad, sick individual

I will disagree with you there mate, it's a lotto and you just don't know what's round the corner no matter who you are or how you behave, when your times up, it's up especially if someone is moving in that type of world..........just my opinion like.

f**k me, it's gonna make for an interesting evening at York Hall if we ever manage to fix that up ! Lol lol

;)

Its a different world now Wilf......years ago if you was at it....you still needed some kind of quality....be that physical or mental......

Today its simply a case of " whos willing to go the furthest ".............today a weak minded 9 stone spotty teenager with zero personality can be the most dangerous and respected guy on the manor..........for a little while.

Those old timers however nasty still had very basic human qualities physical or mental......which is what gave them longevity.

• Like 5

f**k me, it's gonna make for an interesting evening at York Hall if we ever manage to fix that up ! Lol lol ;)

Its a different world now Wilf......years ago if you was at it....you still needed some kind of quality....be that physical or mental......

Today its simply a case of " whos willing to go the furthest ".............today a weak minded 9 stone spotty teenager with zero personality can be the most dangerous and respected guy on the manor..........for a little while.

Those old timers however nasty still had very basic human qualities physical or mental......which is what gave them longevity.

Now that I will agree with ;)

Interesting reading lads

I'll speak from personal experience, my father made a lot of money a long time ago because of his physicality and aggression.... It cost him his wife and kids for a lot of years, one "friend" died in prison after getting life for double murder... He wrote a book whilst inside... He also went to his grave owing my dad a lot of money.. It meant both me and my brother had a different upbringing, which I wouldn't want for my kids.... There's always been glorification and some type of romance around some criminals, but I think there's a lot of heart ache involved with this way of life.....

and I'm not for one minute trying to paint my father in the same light as anyone else mentioned on this thread, that would be stupid, it's just funny how violence can be looked upon with any type of romantic notion..

• Like 2