East End Gangsters

Whatever an " impasse " means............you have clearly read a lot more books than i have,and probably have a lot more education,memory and interest than i have.....so you crack on me ol son im merely pointing out id put more faith in a 10 minute conversation with the right person than studying 1000 pages of flannel !.....all the best.

Impasse:

A position or situation from which there is no escape; deadlock. (in this context, the position being our conflicting viewpoints).

Edited In:

Jonah, I'm more of a "c**t" than a "bell end".

But rest assured, I have zero interest in anyone's opinion of me. To me, you're all names on a screen, and thus your opinions are invalid to my conscience.

Edited by Milwr Jr.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres nothing glamorous at all about villany, the perception of "glamour" comes from films and tv. The reality is plenty of time looking over your shoulder, plenty of time behind the door with a loa

What Gnasher says about the krays rings right, they where pure gangsters , lived and breathed the whole scene, born out of the frustration of abject poverty, they really set the bench mark for the who

If we want to talk real villainy that knocks all else into a cocked hat then have a look at the EU, just cleared out £10 billion from Cypriot banks in full view of the whole world and got away with it

Whatever an " impasse " means............you have clearly read a lot more books than i have,and probably have a lot more education,memory and interest than i have.....so you crack on me ol son im merely pointing out id put more faith in a 10 minute conversation with the right person than studying 1000 pages of flannel !.....all the best.

Impasse:

A position or situation from which there is no escape; deadlock. (in this context, the position being our conflicting viewpoints).

Edited In:

But rest assured, I have zero interest in anyone's opinion of me. To me, you're all names on a screen, and thus your opinions are invalid to my conscience.

Is that how you talk to your mates down the pub ? You have certainly read too many books !

And by the way..........i looked back at your post that i must of missed earlier......the fact your telling people to read Dave Courtneys book really does speak volumes......a man in his 50,s whos supposedly led " a gangsters " life for 30 odd years.............having to resort to pleading with " fans " on the internet to lend him 25k to stop his house being repossessed :hmm:

You stick with the books mate......cos they are all really really truthful you know :thumbs:

• Like 1

A very entertaining read indeed.

I got told as a lad: "There will always be someone bigger, tougher, harder and willing to go further than you no matter who you are" so I got stuck into earning a living by exchanging my knowledge, time and academic abilities for sterling rather than taking from others through pathetic means.

How anyone can say they admire someone for making something of themselves by being in a poverty stricken area and taking things off of others who are in the same boat or any other boat is beyond my comprehension and so far off of my moral compass it's not even in the same universe. In order for someone to honestly have something they have sacrificed, bettered themselves and earned it, that is admirable and demands the biggest respect. For someone to go out and take that something from them dishoneslty is vile.

To me the term "gangster" means someone or a group of people who are the board of directors, as such, of a web of groups that run various schemes with the proceeds going direct to the top and filtering down. Joeys do the work and graft and the "gangsters" take the largest cut. Why would anyone want that life, as has already been mentioned, with you constantly having to worry about people wanting to get rid of you be it from rival rackets or even your right hand man who thinks he can do things better? Doesn't seem like a very wise man to me to run (illegal) rackets with a whole multitude of people whom you have no real relationship with and expect them to do right by you without any real prospects in life.

How anyone can say they admire someone for making something of themselves by being in a poverty stricken area and taking things off of others who are in the same boat or any other boat is beyond my comprehension and so far off of my moral compass it's not even in the same universe. In order for someone to honestly have something they have sacrificed, bettered themselves and earned it, that is admirable and demands the biggest respect. For someone to go out and take that something from them dishoneslty is vile.

While thats an admireable stance to take....its not realistic............most folk will be a product of their environment thats just life.......to rise above the shit squalor and crime of your surroundings and live a good pillar of the community upstanding honest life takes a huge amount of guts,confidence and character the likes of which is rarely seen below a certain standard of living.

If its a toss up between me or you going hungry...............you better believe im going to do anything it takes to make sure you go hungry and not me......sorry and all that,you might call that vile i call it human nature..............but as long as your moral compass stays intact just ignore your empty belly ;)

Who stole a compass ??

Either the Richardson's or the Krays I think Tomo.

It definitely wasn't Dave Courtney, he's only a blagger when it comes to compass thievery lol

• Like 3

Impasse:

Edited In:

Is that how you talk to your mates down the pub ? You have certainly read too many books !

And by the way..........i looked back at your post that i must of missed earlier......the fact your telling people to read Dave Courtneys book really does speak volumes......a man in his 50,s whos supposedly led " a gangsters " life for 30 odd years.............having to resort to pleading with " fans " on the internet to lend him 25k to stop his house being repossessed :hmm:

You stick with the books mate......cos they are all really really truthful you know :thumbs:

What he has done since his days in the life have zero bearing on the fact that he has a few stories in the book. Be them false or not. I never stipulated that I believed or didn't believe the stories.

It makes for a good read, that is all.

And your throwing quips out about how many books I read, when infact it is my intelligence that is on display, not my literary prowess.

I'd wager you have an inferiority complex, considering you're talking down to me about gaining knowledge in any field, which is completely ridiculous.

In any case, this discussion is tired.

So, allow me to put things into your terms: shove your insults up your f***ing arse you uneducated moron.

Impasse:

Edited In:

What he has done since his days in the life have zero bearing on the fact that he has a few stories in the book. Be them false or not. I never stipulated that I believed or didn't believe the stories.

And your throwing quips out about how many books I read, when infact it is my intelligence that is on display, not my literary prowess.

I'd wager you have an inferiority complex, considering you're talking down to me about gaining knowledge in any field, which is completely ridiculous.

So, allow me to put things into your terms: shove your insults up your f*****g arse you uneducated moron.

Your response is a little disrespectful and disproportionate.I think an apology is in order.

Impasse:

Edited In:

So, allow me to put things into your terms: shove your insults up your f*****g arse you uneducated moron.

I think an apology is in order.

Then you best get in line fella.

There's a queue of people waiting for me to apologize. And none of them will be getting one anytime soon.

Impasse:

Edited In:

There's a queue of people waiting for me to apologize. And none of them will be getting one anytime soon.

Only trying to help,but you`re obviously beyond that.

Impasse:

Edited In:

Only trying to help,but you`re obviously beyond that.

Evidently.

And I hadn't asked for you help.