Matching Your Dog....

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always baffles me why people try and shoot down the achievements of good dogs? What does it prove apart from making them look like jealous fuckers? Just man up,tip your hat and say well done that dog

its about having the best dog for me. i love condition my dogs and getting them as fit as i can. not about money for me i spend a good few quid on them with cars,fuel,fines,feeding and most of all tim

What's the point? Look at the hassle it causes. If your dog wins, does it make it a better dog or you a better dog man? I know folk like to test there dogs against the best but do you really need to g

Posted Images

I am up early dew to taking ma lass to work early start for her 5 am, but I see Baw & fuji, probabaly just come in from Lamping,,

Haha,no lamping last night BL I'm a bit like yourself mate,up before the birds..no point lying in bed all day we will all get the chance to lay horizontal for as long as we may or may not want when we're dead lol..for what it's worth I'd rather see a dog get on the arse of summat and atleast look like it wants to catch it..theres no getting away from it that a four or five minute race takes exceptional stamina but this lobbing thirty yards behind until it's ran it's quarry into submission is rather tedious after you've seen it once or twice IMO..a one to two minute run with bending,somersaults and jaw snapping is what I personally like to see but hey ho I'm just a wanabee nobody..but whatever the style if it puts gear in the bag then I say well done that dog..

• Like 5

most runs down the fens are around the 2 min mark.but you need a dog with wind and gears if you get that 3 4 or 5 min run which you will get.why take a dog down there what going to get blown away if the going gets tough.you need a fast dog that can adapt ready for the long haul if needs be.i.e a fast dog that can run slow.to many folk comment on the saluki hybreds saying there plodders .that now nothing about them.theres also people who might of been down once or twice.to find out what its really like you need to go once or twice a week for a season or two.we all like a dog to be busy on a hare.but if it can only be busy for a mintue or two .it will get blown away.and 9 out of 10 of the wiz bangs will pull. fact. seen it on more then once.the hares are flying at the moment.you lads with you curs want to get yourself down there a few times.alot of lads i go with keep busy dogs that will catch on any land big or small.but dogs that can settle if needs be..

• Like 2

As you'll be able to see when Buly's d.v.d comes out the dog kill's crap or average "rabbit's" as quick as any dog, Like all top dog's he know's when he's found a good one so he'll "ride it" he know's to bide his time I'm sure when the d.v.d's out he'll silence all "the crabber's" once and for all :thumbs:

oh for sure got some great quick kills on hares that wernt ready to die. I really don't understand where it's come from that bully is steady lol he just knows how to break down a top hare he knows they don't die quick they seem him run 2hares on the match I've run him from 13 month old [BANNED TEXT] jb but as u say pal DVD will shut em all up but u always hav jealous crabbers
  • Like 1

I lived there for a good while,Could walk out my door and watch the dog run away for 20 minutes. :laugh:

Still never rushed out for a "Coursing dog'' A fast dog ain't going to catch 3-3 but then neither are the best dogs in the country apparently.

But they will catch a few make no mistake.Of course a real speedster is going to have to pull up at some stage some might call that jibbing to me its just logic,as long as its ready to do it again when its tongues in it ain't a jibber.

Besides there was much taster things out there, the hares are a great spectacle,But only if a Dog is making it work.

If you brought me one of these dogs with a red ribbon i wouldn't want it,Do`s nothing for me and unless you want a dog to brag about whats the point.

Id rather tip my hat at puss and look forward to meeting her again,than watch it run to exhaustion.

Each to there own but i ain't buying the super dog stuff!

• Like 2

Hounddog be no fame just good day out show the site your not scared what day suits you captain can come along I've a camera you can use it or you can slip one your collie crosses in be good day. Come on mate prove you actually go out instead of being a full time crabber. As for ur question hare was very good. So was other 2 runs that's why they didn't put them up think everyone knows it shows lucas doing his job. I don't hide mate.

sorry john but ive seen the other to runs and the hares was not like one he missed pal he ran a good winter hare on his second run and coulnd do alot with it mate but give you credit you still drew a dog can only kill what gets up in front of him,,,and this week end the hole match will be on youtube for all to see ,,,it was fenland but not proper fenland loads cover reedy dykes spinnys big windmills but that was the land joby put on and was agreed by both men to run ,,,but just wish jack would slipped on ahare to get his 3rd run or even found a 3rd run just makes ya wonder what the out come would have been then but well done both men and dogs ,,has i said before fair play to john for coming over long old trip,,hopfully they be able to get it on again on some big open land a proper tester for both dogs

trust me the best hare is in england ,,and we have seen BULLY kill hares 10 secs 20 secs 30 sec 1 min 2 min 3 min 4min 5 min6 min he nose when hes on a real top winter hare he nose he got brake him down but if a hare gets up and messes around its dead with in 20 30 secs

It would have been good if bulldozer had his 3rd run my money would have been on him not to miss then it wouldnt have been a draw lucas had 3 runs to get a draw bulldozer had 2 fair play to john for matching but if lucas had run the land the forley was on yesterday ima he wouldnt have got near a hare after seeing his 2nd run fair play to both men be good to see a rematch on that land then bulldozer go over to john for a match.

• Like 1

Loftylads was he good at 13 months

he was a good 13 month old puppy made mistakes missed a few but that's wat pups do but yes John he was promising or jb wouldn't hav kept him mate

It would have been good if bulldozer had his 3rd run my money would have been on him not to miss then it wouldnt have been a draw lucas had 3 runs to get a draw bulldozer had 2 fair play to john for matching but if lucas had run the land the forley was on yesterday ima he wouldnt have got near a hare after seeing his 2nd run fair play to both men be good to see a rematch on that land then bulldozer go over to john for a match.

theres a echo in here :laugh: