Truthful Mistakes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

honest post mate, prob for me getting another 2nd dog .My pup ok never going to be like Bryn regards catching rabbits, but Bryn hard act to follow for (any) lurcher really, and my pup seems bit on th

Buying a saluki x instead of the deerhound x i wanted... Has to be the hardest lurcher to rear that ive ever reared, its not his fault hes a whiney drama queen so we will make the best of it as hes he

Training my Mali to do a vehicle search before she gets into the van...there's a track round the van now.... Having other people's cast offs thinking I could do something with them...... Listening

getting a teckel instead of a spaniel, when id been looking for a spaniel for so long.
although he is a game little dog and i recon he'll come on ok, i fear he might be the wrong dog for the job.
still hes here now and here he'll stay!
old terriers nearing her final days so the spaniel can wait till then.

spending all season bringing a saluki grey pup on (well bred) to the point that he killed 9/9 at 15month, best day of his career yet. and could of still gone on and done more. had him out for a walk with the mrs and another 6 dogs i was conditioning(2 was mine) and he got scent and went off , ended up sending a red over a cliff only to follow, he got up and killed then stood there fcked i climbed half way down and jumped the rest broke my ankle, to get to him. after a scan he had a broken spine. got pts, not being soft but it broke me put me off running dogs for over a year. he would of been a name if still about for sure. biggest mistake i ever made not keeping him on the lead knowing his nose was sooo good :sorry:

was thinking this the day what mistakes have u made with ur own dogs that u wish u could take back and not do again truthfully my biggest one would of been buying 2 dogs at the same time and focusing on one dog more then the other and one not reaching the standard of the other that I favoured more also hitting a dog out of frustration and anger cos it destroyed a kitchen that made it always a little bit off with me it took a long time too rebuild the trust with this dog wich was my own foult for having it in the house and letting my anger get too me so truthfully what are the biggest mistakes use have made that u wish u could take back and redo

honest post mate, prob for me getting another 2nd dog .My pup ok never going to be like Bryn regards catching rabbits, but Bryn hard act to follow for (any) lurcher really, and my pup seems bit on the sensitve side might be his age 6 months old, or his temp coming through, you got to treat him really with kid gloves ,or its no good. No i think prob its my age 60 now, that maybe i should have finished with Bryn, as working a lurcher (proper) i think you got to fit+ young to give and get the best out of them, not saying you got to be 20 years old lol , but the older you get it does get harder with giving the dogs proper nights work a full day out.I will keep on and and keep ploding on till it getts to much for me watch this space :yes:

do you not think it keeps you active though? and you'd go downhill quicker if you weren't putting the miles in with the dogs, even if it is a lot harder?

thats a fair age to be still working running dogs :tongue2: ,fairpaly to ye mate....atb... :thumbs:

iworkwhippets is 68 and walks miles with his dog no thats good going well done to him :thumbs:

was thinking this the day what mistakes have u made with ur own dogs that u wish u could take back and not do again truthfully my biggest one would of been buying 2 dogs at the same time and focusing on one dog more then the other and one not reaching the standard of the other that I favoured more also hitting a dog out of frustration and anger cos it destroyed a kitchen that made it always a little bit off with me it took a long time too rebuild the trust with this dog wich was my own foult for having it in the house and letting my anger get too me so truthfully what are the biggest mistakes use have made that u wish u could take back and redo

honest post mate, prob for me getting another 2nd dog .My pup ok never going to be like Bryn regards catching rabbits, but Bryn hard act to follow for (any) lurcher really, and my pup seems bit on the sensitve side might be his age 6 months old, or his temp coming through, you got to treat him really with kid gloves ,or its no good. No i think prob its my age 60 now, that maybe i should have finished with Bryn, as working a lurcher (proper) i think you got to fit+ young to give and get the best out of them, not saying you got to be 20 years old lol , but the older you get it does get harder with giving the dogs proper nights work a full day out.I will keep on and and keep ploding on till it getts to much for me watch this space :yes:

do you not think it keeps you active though? and you'd go downhill quicker if you weren't putting the miles in with the dogs, even if it is a lot harder?

thats a fair age to be still working running dogs :tongue2: ,fairpaly to ye mate....atb... :thumbs:

iworkwhippets is 68 and walks miles with his dog no thats good going well done to him :thumbs:

:huh: ....quality :yes: ,aye its somthing ye will never become bored of.....keep at it old yins :thumbs: