Caught Poaching/lamping?

Some interesting ( :hmm: ) views on this thread.............

Here's the risk. If you are poaching and have a weapon, even an airgun, that's armed tresspass and you can be done for it.

If you are poaching and the landowner calls the police who in turn call the RSPCA you can be done for trespass or aggravated trespass, or if the CPS don't want to bring a case against you, cruelty by the RSPCA who almost certainly will bring a case against you because it's good publicity for them.

If you are after illegal quarry the RSPCA will be called in, because its cheaper and less bother for the police to let them have you.

As stated before, you stand to lose your car, dogs, and anything else you have with you at the time of arrest.

And fined.

I've asked this before and never got a straight answer. Does anyone know...

Can they confiscate the car if its not yours?

Good question mate, what if car is your wifes and dog is registered with vet in her name, where do you stand re-confiscation??

Yours Pernod

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in my eyes its more than worth it for A FEW BUNNYS mate if not i wouldnt keep any dogs

yes, it's an offence   be sensible and get permission     or run faster

1709 posts and ask a dumb question like that

Posted Images

Here's the risk. If you are poaching and have a weapon, even an airgun, that's armed tresspass and you can be done for it.

If you are poaching and the landowner calls the police who in turn call the RSPCA you can be done for trespass or aggravated trespass, or if the CPS don't want to bring a case against you, cruelty by the RSPCA who almost certainly will bring a case against you because it's good publicity for them.

If you are after illegal quarry the RSPCA will be called in, because its cheaper and less bother for the police to let them have you.

As stated before, you stand to lose your car, dogs, and anything else you have with you at the time of arrest.

And fined.

Good question mate, what if car is your wifes and dog is registered with vet in her name, where do you stand re-confiscation??

Yours Pernod

makes no odds if its part of a criminal act ...........its taken away for evidence .................dont matter who owns what if its been used for illegal activity kiss good bye .................

anything what can support evidence can be taken too,................eg computer,etc etc

They can take, the car (yours or not) mobile phones, dogs, leads, collars, computors (laptops, tablets etc) any computor media, discs, memory sticks, hard drives. freezers, clothing, boots, gamebags, lamps, batteries, , and anything they think is connected in any way to the act you`ve been nicked for.

When they were round here last they were saying about the coursing books on the shelf. Allways a good idea to put these away as they had a good look through them.

Now obviously like most people i have some medical stuff here for the dogs. I was told by one of the eejits it was illegal to not take my dog to the vets if it was injured ? Can anyone tell me what the law is on this as i thought you could treat your dogs and even put them to sleep yourself aslong as the animal is not suffering unnescarily ?

When they were round here last they were saying about the coursing books on the shelf. Allways a good idea to put these away as they had a good look through them.

Now obviously like most people i have some medical stuff here for the dogs. I was told by one of the eejits it was illegal to not take my dog to the vets if it was injured ? Can anyone tell me what the law is on this as i thought you could treat your dogs and even put them to sleep yourself aslong as the animal is not suffering unnescarily ?

its covered by the animal welfare act 2006 http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/farmanimal/welfare/act/index.htm

And fined.

Yours Pernod ....comes under P.A.C.E....police and criminal evedince..if it happens firstly say nothing to you speak to your breif.they took my brothers van i was driving and held it for 2 months i was aquitted the brother ended up getting 5grand for loss of earnings.

How the feck did the cops catch you on the land,,,, fucks sake.

I've been cought a few times over the years,, stopped on the road by plod, ect,, also cought on the land by keepers in land rovers ,,,

I have had the cops put lamps on me and told me to stop,,,, yeh right f**k off coper,,, come and catch me,, they come a few hundred yards,,, then give up,, hate getting there boots muddy .

Mind this was all when I was young,, and could run,,, feck that now ,, just go on permission

• Like 4

i think caught with bunnys worst be a fine £100 o so fox they take dog report rspca same with deer depending how you dispatch it could be a bit of jail :thumbs:

If caught with rabbits but the case against you is poaching hares (and that depends who is bringing the case) you could get "a bit of" jail and a fine. And your gear and dogs confiscated.

i think caught with bunnys worst be a fine £100 o so fox they take dog report rspca same with deer depending how you dispatch it could be a bit of jail :thumbs:

If caught with rabbits but the case against you is poaching hares (and that depends who is bringing the case) you could get "a bit of" jail and a fine. And your gear and dogs confiscated.

if your caught with rabbits then how can you get done for hare??you cant tget jail for rabbit or hare not unless you broke an asbo they put in place

Edited by mC HULL

And fined.

Yours Pernod

I was always under the assumption that they could not destroy ur vehicle if it did not belong too u ie in other persons name and returned too owner after the court case and if the dog is some one else's returned too owner after the case was settled might be wrong though that's just what I thought happend but never been cought bye the police so would not know only had the odd farmer asking me if I was up there land the night before Edited by BIGLURKS

if your caught with rabbits then how can you get done for hare??you cant tget jail for rabbit or hare not unless you broke an asbo they put in place

Wasn't there a Scottish case in 2010 where the guys were done on public land? Their defence was they were rabbitting.

I think you have to be realistic here. It doesn't matter what you're intended quarry is if you are poaching.

The RSPCA have money to burn and can quite easily fabricate an indefencible (to the working man) case around forbidden quarry. If you have a couple of little terriers they can't realistically say you're chasing hare or deer - but they can if you're running saluki or deerhound-types.

Do you really trust them to do the right thing? I don't.

How do you prove whose dog you are running?

It's not up to them to prove it's your dog - you are a poacher with a hunting dog, remember, so already guilty in their eyes.

Edited by Taz-n-Lily

Jail for killing rabbits haha idiots

Wasn't there a Scottish case in 2010 where the guys were done on public land? Their defence was they were rabbitting.

I think you have to be realistic here. It doesn't matter what you're intended quarry is if you are poaching.

The RSPCA have money to burn and can quite easily fabricate an indefencible (to the working man) case around forbidden quarry. If you have a couple of little terriers they can't realistically say you're chasing hare or deer - but they can if you're running saluki or deerhound-types.

Do you really trust them to do the right thing? I don't.

How do you prove whose dog you are running?

It's not up to them to prove it's your dog - you are a poacher with a hunting dog, remember, so already guilty in their eyes.