Caught Poaching/lamping?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in my eyes its more than worth it for A FEW BUNNYS mate if not i wouldnt keep any dogs

yes, it's an offence   be sensible and get permission     or run faster

1709 posts and ask a dumb question like that

Posted Images

Good to let everybody know about it Andy.

Did you get dog back OK?

No the dog was never returned mate..sick as a parrot at the time as the bitch was turning into a bit of a machine but hey ho we keep at it lol..

Did you get dog back OK?

No the dog was never returned mate..sick as a parrot at the time as the bitch was turning into a bit of a machine but hey ho we keep at it lol..

That's not good but something to think about :(

Did you get dog back OK?

Did you find out whether she was rehomed or PTS? I suppose they wouldn,t tell you that.

same thing happend to me daughters bf and my hunting partner and i was lucky not to be with them due to work,they got caught on land weve lamped for years just out side lord derbys walls.any way they got pulled with dogs on leads on a public right of way with lamps and nothing else,the police wanted to let them go as the sniffer dog couldnt find anything in the field until a gamekeeper turned up with a frozen hare which had been shot,the lads were saying its a set up and wanted the hare to be dna tested as there dogs hadnt caught it.they ended up in the cells for 16 hours dogs taken for 6mths and one for 9mths

no prosicution no kennel fees which was over £10.000 and all that was down to the rspca and a mersyside wild life officer who we see sometimes under cover in croxteth country park and shes one ugly fcuking bitch lol

No never heard a thing about the bitch Maximus Ferret lord knows what happened to her? Like someone said getting caught with one you have a chance a week or two after my conviction two lads from my way were up at the same court after being stopped with one hare,they pleaded that the dog ran a rabbit over the brow of a hill yet when it returned the dog had a hare which must of been sitting over the brow,they got off scot free and the dogs and motor returned ... Not sure if I was a "wanted" man up there and had to pay my dues or what? All you can do is work within the hunting ban guidelines ie:rabbits and rats or flushing to the gun or hawk or tracking injured animals with your mutt...we are restrained but not entirely under lock and key....not just yet anyway!

Had 1or2 close encounters. I have bits of permission dotted around, so normally covered. To stay within the law I always gatenet Hares now.

Been caught off farmers/keepers before and told to feck off. Also had a keeper flying upto me before, I had a stack of spotlights on the roof, so I dazzled him, and booted it. The fekker was waving a shotty out the window.

After FUJI and my other mate got done, it made me tread a LOT more carefully, especially over the border!

PM Fuji on here

Listen to his horror story, and be well warned.

Well this is what happened to me when I crossed the line..im not sure if the penalties given were to make a statement by the Scottish Law authorities that if you do get caught abusing the wild mammal act then this is what will happen to each and everyone that does or I was just unlucky lol...what I will say is that coursing a hare in Scotland CAN result in a spell behind bars with 6 month the recommended sentence BUT in England,Wales it is NOT considered a jailable offence..in the 2 months it took from being caught until finally prosecuted and 3 visits to the Sherrif Court in Dumfries,my bail conditions prevented me even stopping to talk to any person who had a dog,I couldn't walk my other dogs more than one mile from my house..I was banned from Dumfries & Galloway other than to visit my brief...at the time I was caught they confiscated the motor and everything that was in it,dog confiscated and put into care of SSPCA,mobile phone,lamping equipment,clothing all confiscated..On the day I was convicted I was put on electronic tag from 6pm to 6am and in the Sherrifs words from the moment it gets dark until the moment it breaks light for 3 months,I got 12 months probation,the dog was seized and I still had to pay for her kennel fees for the two months in between being caught and convicted which amassed to over £1100,the motor,all lamping equipment etc was also seized and never returned,I was banned from keeping hunting type dogs for a period of 12 months...I wasn't convicted of poaching as there are laws in Scotland which allow you the right to roam...on release from Dumfries police station with hardly any clothing I was left 70 mile away from home stranded as the vehicle had been taken in what turned out to be one of the stormiest nights in history as it was this night that several bridges were washed away here in Cumbria and it was only several months ago that we got a new road bridge lol...so there you go..if you run the gauntlet my advice is don't lol...this was all over 7 or 8 poxy hares...No bullshit there folks,that's what and did happen ...I'm just a humble bunny catcher now...can't be f****d with all the shite that can come with chasing a few other bits and bobs about the countryside...Atb Andy

And coudnt your solicitor do owt? Sounds like medieval times when local.guard threw their weight about and no one gave a shizzle, fck the police they are enforcers not law men!! Tell them you want a legal rep here before you are arrested that puts then off

PM Fuji on here

Listen to his horror story, and be well warned.

Well this is what happened to me when I crossed the line..im not sure if the penalties given were to make a statement by the Scottish Law authorities that if you do get caught abusing the wild mammal act then this is what will happen to each and everyone that does or I was just unlucky lol...what I will say is that coursing a hare in Scotland CAN result in a spell behind bars with 6 month the recommended sentence BUT in England,Wales it is NOT considered a jailable offence..in the 2 months it took from being caught until finally prosecuted and 3 visits to the Sherrif Court in Dumfries,my bail conditions prevented me even stopping to talk to any person who had a dog,I couldn't walk my other dogs more than one mile from my house..I was banned from Dumfries & Galloway other than to visit my brief...at the time I was caught they confiscated the motor and everything that was in it,dog confiscated and put into care of SSPCA,mobile phone,lamping equipment,clothing all confiscated..On the day I was convicted I was put on electronic tag from 6pm to 6am and in the Sherrifs words from the moment it gets dark until the moment it breaks light for 3 months,I got 12 months probation,the dog was seized and I still had to pay for her kennel fees for the two months in between being caught and convicted which amassed to over £1100,the motor,all lamping equipment etc was also seized and never returned,I was banned from keeping hunting type dogs for a period of 12 months...I wasn't convicted of poaching as there are laws in Scotland which allow you the right to roam...on release from Dumfries police station with hardly any clothing I was left 70 mile away from home stranded as the vehicle had been taken in what turned out to be one of the stormiest nights in history as it was this night that several bridges were washed away here in Cumbria and it was only several months ago that we got a new road bridge lol...so there you go..if you run the gauntlet my advice is don't lol...this was all over 7 or 8 poxy hares...No bullshit there folks,that's what and did happen ...I'm just a humble bunny catcher now...can't be f****d with all the shite that can come with chasing a few other bits and bobs about the countryside...Atb Andy

seems harsh maybe they wanted to make an example of you to put other people off or maybe were getting alot off bother with poachers and you were the unlucky one in the wrong place wrong time !!!

Yes and EIGHT police officers took just under 1 hour to decide just what we had done wrong and what they could charge us with. turns out we were in breach of the protection of wild mammals scotland act. couldn't do us for trespassing tho as that is a civil not criminal offence. Makes you sick that you could possibly be risking a criminal record just for taking a few rabbits.

Its a ridiculous state if affairs. I was visiting a friend off here in Lincolnshire and we went to sell some legally ferreted rabbits to a landlord. He didnt want them and took my numberplate and passed it ti poacher watch who passed to all local keepers. Luckily my friends knows a few keepers and found out it was flagged and told me. Needless to say the van was sold quick smart but what a palaver over a handful of legally taken rabbits!!!!!

• 2 months later...