So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Been to look at an allotment plot today : ) was used up till last summer so not to bad on the work front, forms sent back just awaiting the go ahead to get on there, can't wait I tell ya , watch this space ?

• Like 3

Good luck Jamie looking forward to seeing how you get on. Personally having not owned a bit of land since I was a young fella it was quite some thing standing on my plot after signing for it and thinking wow this soil is mine to use at as long as I keep paying the bill :laugh:

Thought I'd put up a pic of my small plot ,

post-81636-0-26987800-1494093743_thumb.jpg

Onions , beets , parsnip, broad beans , French beans , carrots ,asparagus,salads bit of soft fruit , there is a couple of grape vines but they got hammered in the frost . Oh toms cucumber chille in the greenhouse along with bedding plants..edited to add runner and berlotto beans corgette ..

• Like 3
What's with the magpie trap.? Lol.[/quote

catch magpies ?...only had six so far this year but I do get on there case all year with the rifle ..first year I bought the place I caught 21 ..allotment wise I'm a novice and just mess about with it .

• Like 1

Looks rather pretty don't it Terry. No rough work there compared to your own LOL? Nice hedge all round. Looks like a cloustered hidden garden. Anyway, hope all goes well Sussex. I'm going for gold and everything in this week . Fck the frost. Jok.

Looks rather pretty don't it Terry. No rough work there compared to your own LOL? Nice hedge all round. Looks like a cloustered hidden garden. Anyway, hope all goes well Sussex. I'm going for gold and everything in this week . Fck the frost. Jok.

Didn't look quite like that when I bought it Jok , just a derelict Barn in a field , all the rough work was done ten years ago .

post-81636-0-22512500-1494100774_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

lol yea my plot is rough around the edges just like its owner

Planted out some kale today and red cabbage. Had few plants to spare and gave them to my mate. His words of wisdom was I will keep them in the pots until next thursday when it rains. He all ways works with the weather and rightly so too unfortunately I just have to do stuff when I can

34452006336_bd04b5d1e7_c.jpg

The calabrese seem happy in the no dig bed even the gnome is smiling

34362729831_45d59a68d6_c.jpg

• Like 2