So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

I chucked some celery in today, a ghost pumpkin and 2 rows of Maris piper.

That's the wilderness we've still got to work over, I've sprayed it off so just gonna dig it over and get a load of muck dug in.

20180624_194223.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

12 hours ago, terryd said:

let us know how  you get on with the celery never grown it 

I hate the stuff, but every now and then when at a do or party and people are picking up a stick of it and dipping into some thing, i think maybe i got it wrong and try a bit. No it still tastes like petrol. Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, terryd said:

Certainly look like sweet spuds. Can't wait for first tom as can you lol

Hope they are Sweet Potatoes Jok thought they were when I posted the pictures of the plugs I was left, glad you think they are as well. If not i've got some really healthy weeds,Lol.

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Trickle of "Sun Gold" toms starting but wifey is eating them as fast as i'm picking, i haven't manage to eat one myself.

P1200129.thumb.jpg.d6b1d6e1cd8f213366b75711e6f8a59b.jpg

P1200134.thumb.JPG.589ff62beed3dd478d6dfc4428e6573f.JPG

Cheers Arry

One of our faves the sun gold they even sweeter the longer you leave them on tho we got a fair few looking ripe but picking the odd tumbler for the min 

Edited by green lurchers

They are Sweet Potatoe plants. Hope you get a good crop. Everything is looking good too. We are eating like kings and enjoying it. Like yourself I have runner beans going well and we all know that when you start picking them the things go daft. Terry D. I took on another garden for my grand daughter and it 's going well. She is genuinely interested  and wants me to get her school interested. Looming retirement is starting to look busy. Jok.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

Wifey insisted I grown "Sun Gold" she loves them, trouble is she eats them like sweets. Out of likes again, how do they work?

Cheers Arry

We grow the smaller toms and sungolds are v nice got nearly 40 showing on the first fruit branch on this sun gold plant 

13B40AF0-47F8-40C3-959F-C4FED829E49E.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3