So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

GL have to have a crack at the Black Cherry one then, Sungold have been excellent Tigerela good. Two new ones to me this year both suppose to be 100% blight resistant which i grew this year is "Mountain Magic" which I can recommend  and "Crimson Crush" (put in later and not ripe yet).

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
19 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Same here not sure what the tumbler plants are doing the toms have ripened and the fruit looks good and tastes amazing  but the flowers on the upper shoots are dying off  looks like the plants are saying what you can see is all your getting it’s too hot lol and arry I’ve found a tom plant that equals / maybe tastes better than the sun golds ?the black cherry tom omg inc taste ? and to top it off my mini cucumber has chucked the towel in after giving us 15 or so of the nicest cucumbers I’ve had , it’s still growing well but the small fruits keep dying off 

256644CA-C4C9-41BF-B805-4A76E3D7E895.jpeg

5DF4ABA6-8F16-44F3-A11F-59F6C25AFF0A.jpeg

GL what variety were your Black Cherry Toms and make please? Buy the way I use a very small paint brush on Cucumber flowers and on my Tomato flowers to pollinate the flowers, seems to help stop the cucumber from going yellow and drying out, Tom you seem to get a full truss. Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs thought it might help.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Arry said:

GL what variety were your Black Cherry Toms and make please? Buy the way I use a very small paint brush on Cucumber flowers and on my Tomato flowers to pollinate the flowers, seems to help stop the cucumber from going yellow and drying out, Tom you seem to get a full truss. Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs thought it might help.

Cheers Arry

I only know em as black cherry I lost the tag so havnt a clue mate I never done them before but will seek out a few strains for next year  we only eating 1 each a day lol and none for giving away lol 

285C8748-3420-424D-8EEC-1A064B0E7097.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

Dont you need to break the bottom leaves off to  the trusses on your tomatoes to let the air circulate ?. and put collars on the leeks to keep the light out and help them blanch ?.

18 hours ago, The one said:

Dont you need to break the bottom leaves off to  the trusses on your tomatoes to let the air circulate ?. and put collars on the leeks to keep the light out and help them blanch ?.

Yeah I'll cut some of the toms back. 

Shall I put a collar on the leek now? 

Picked some onions today

43693226701_98e054a51c_b.jpg

got them on the old rack to dry

41885247630_4b55451f74_b.jpg

trying to grow a pumpkin for the daughter. I plant too late as a rule but got it right this year I hope.

29823233118_76e11e2ea3_b.jpg

Leeks perking up at last. I stuffed up and sowed late this year but they will get there

43646503242_151eb47f6a_b.jpg

every thing else is in order but the pigeons are hammering any thing not netted. Lost load of swedes and kale

29823230948_7b74ce1ab7_b.jpg

lashed it down but the spuds were happy for it

42977253424_90aee91f0c_b.jpg

• Like 4