TOUCHY SUBJECT-burglars+shotgun=life sentance?

was having a convo with my girlfriend after i was reading about the couple who had charges dropped after shooting 2 burglurs.

i said to her would you shoot a burglar if they came in to the house, her answer point blank no under any circumstances ¡ ¡ ¡

NOW I LOOKED into law on wat is reasonable force but that leaves ( )a big margon.

so my question to yous is using a shotgun to protect yourself against per say 4 intruders reasonable force?

im not asking would you but do you think its reasonable force ?

this is only a question no one get upset if you have nothing sensible to say dont say it. please

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paddy gets a phone call from police your house has been broken in to they've drank all your beer and raped your wife!!.....Paddy says I can't believe they shagged the mrs after only 4 cans! .

Personally if they are in your house how the hell are you supposed to know what their intentions are? 'oh im only here to rob your stuff' or 'oh im only here to rape and murder your kids'..... either

I personaly see it a reasanble force to cut the feckers hands off and cauterise the wound with salt so they cant re-attach the hands after. So do i see it a reasonable to shoot a burgler HELL YES I DO

I'd imagine you'd need to have a good reason as to why you were able to access your guns so quickly? I'd also imagine you'd need to have done an excessive amount of warning, possibly including firing warning shots, and possibly including shooting to wound and not kill.

Not sure I'd be able to get to my guns so quickly if something were to happen to be honest. Might be better to have the odd golf club or baseball bat laying about. Even then it'll be asked "Is that where you'd normally keep such an item" and it would want to be as they'll check.

• Like 1

i believe it would be more difficult to prove that you shot them out of fear (precieved harm) than it would be if they had actually attacked you. however as long as its not the rentman making a late night call and its clear there up to no good then they choose to put themselves in harms way.

Personally if they are in your house how the hell are you supposed to know what their intentions are? 'oh im only here to rob your stuff' or 'oh im only here to rape and murder your kids'..... either way they deserve every shotgun shell you own pumping into them!

& if they wernt in there in the first place then it wouldn't of happened so it their own fault for being scum!

I dont mind risking prison time to defend the family

ATB

Adam

• Like 6

If i had the time to wake up enough to figure out what was going on, then get the keys to the gun cabinet, then take out the SX3, then load it, i would hold them there while the wife phoned the Police. If they made a run for it then just let them go, the danger has left. If they made a move on the wife, the dog or me, then i don't see what option i would have but to imobilise him/them. I think one thing that would put me off from shooting any one that was in my house, is the fact a 12G in a confined space is going to make you as deaf as a hedge, and i wouldn't want the wife, the dog or me to lose their hearing.

Yep reasonable force means reasonable as to your honestly held belief as to why they are there, I.e. to steal or to so you harm.

To protect my family, I would give my life, but is unlikely to involve getting to guns in time! I would however use whatever was to hand to defend them, and reasonable.

You must fire a warning shot first. Then if they still persue in coming towards you / attacking you then you are allowed to defend yourself with resondable force. But as the local rural policeman said shot them in the front no problems, if shot in back they are running away from you. So you are now not defending yourself but are the agressor now. Personally i would shoot first then ask questions later but i would have fired 2 shots. 1 warning next one making contact but not killing them just wounding them.

A local person i know had defended himself from 4 pykes braking into his yard. He shot at one of them. The pykes then reported him to the police who then arrested him and left his place open for them to return and take what they wanted, including leaving his house open till he was released from the police station next day. The police didn't ask what they were doing on his property.

I would protect my family at any cost or action. How do you know what they are there to do?

The law is an arse it is there to protect the criminals not the victims.