English Bull Terriers

So anyhow, moving right along back to the original topic, if anyone else here cares to chat about the BT breed or uses them to hunt, feel free to share! :)

just out of intrest do you use any of the american bulldogs for pig work and if so what are the better lines of bulldogs being used,

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

I look at it like this, you get on a plane and sitting across from you are two Arab looking gents nervous and sweating. Whats the first thought that comes to mind? Here's another for ya WBT, Your in Atalanta on Marietta st. and in front of you walking your way you see 3 dark gents.Whats the first thing that comes to mind? So when I read this thread "English Bull Terriers" on a working terrier forum because I'm pretty sure that's what its says up top, I'm very interested. But instead I read, vet tec ,conformation this, confirmation nightmare, pitbulls, pattedales, looking for a greyhound to start a lurrcher line, reciting peds back and forth , honest bull dogs that looked like they came from a pet shop,no pics then canned hunting pics I'm sorry but the first thing that comes to my mind is, no kids, wears pants with elastic waist bands and sneakers that Velcro and 24-40lbs overweight. I'm sorry but that's just what happens . I've been in terriers for a long time here in the states In that time I can count on one hand the times I've hunted with women that where 1/2 serious about hunting terriers/dogs ,most were like the description above and there dogs some of them really good were their replacement kids for lack of none or they got older moved out. Now read the next part twice so you get it-I'm not saying this is YOU, its just YOUR first impression you made. Don't get me wrong the men here aren't much better.... most of them don't even own locator systems for there terriers. Now some are going to take this as I'm racist or male chauvinist, I'm not Uphill Doc is. But your on the WWW in a site called "the Hunting Life" in a sub form "Earth dogs" and your sig at the bottom of every post you make is "Home of the Working Bull and Terrier". I was just seeing red flags popping up and asked you a few questions to find out whats,what that's all. You made the posts here and if you get ass hurt from a few simple questions well I'm sorry and I'll recommend the AKC board.

Jawn I think I remember you the the" Hunting Terrier board" and I don't remember you doing much hunting, so I went through your content here. 168 post in and not one thread I could find you started, that had to do with you hunting your dogs, ya I found someone else lion pic, and your dog with a bunny, but nothing with your Eastern European bred dogs doing any heavy lifting. Just saying.So guess what now?

Happy Halloween everybody,

Stunt.

Edited by STUNTMAN

Funny..... I could have sworn that I put underneath that lion picture something to the effect of " got this from a friend this morning....thought it was pretty cool." lol

Stuntman..I am one of the lucky ones. I get to hunt nearly every day. Some days that translates into no more than a couple of hours. But just as often it is much longer. I am fortunate enough to have bought land when it was cheap and live in a state where I can pretty much hunt whatever, I want whenever I want. I am no expert at anything, and do not claim to be. But I'd wager my dogs saw more hunting last month than most. I burried a nice prospect a couple of weeks ago, and put three on injured reserve last weekend alone. Should have started a thread on how not to do things but I didn't. That dog with a bunny was a a very young pup. He was already force broke to retrieve. His delivery nearly flawless. And he's a terrier. He's been hunted on toothed game, upland game, and will soo be introduced to hogs. If he pulls his weight like his brother has.. he'll be a fine dog.

My dogs have to meet the goals I set for them, not yours. I'd say they do pretty well. I free cast terriers because that what I enjoy. It results in me loosing allot of game, and allot of dogs. I'm to blame for most of it because I choose to use terriers. Very small terriers at that. They are not the best dog in every situation or even most situations. But I have dogs that hunt well enough to keep me happy, and that's really what counts. I'll start more threads in the future. I guess I figured keeping them under threads like Jagdterrier, or in response to existing threads was good enough. My bad.

Happy Halloween

Edited by jawn

So anyhow, moving right along back to the original topic, if anyone else here cares to chat about the BT breed or uses them to hunt, feel free to share! :)

just out of intrest do you use any of the american bulldogs for pig work and if so what are the better lines of bulldogs being used,

They are just like anyother bull breed and seem to be bred for purposes other than the ones they were intended for. If you can get one from worker to worker and I don't mean schutzhund your off to a good start. Plenty of people still use them for catchdogs but it's hard to beat a good pit.

They are just like anyother bull breed and seem to be bred for purposes other than the ones they were intended for. If you can get one from worker to worker and I don't mean schutzhund your off to a good start. Plenty of people still use them for catchdogs but it's hard to beat a good pit.

got a scot/sandvally bulldog hes never seen a wild boar use with the terriers lurchers clever ole dog and good when ferreting his main job now his lokin after the place
  • Like 1

I have a standard type American Bulldog. Not too educated on Am Bull lines. The one I have here catches well. Only take him every now and then. I try and handle the smaller dogs.

I look at it like this, you get on a plane and sitting across from you are two Arab looking gents nervous and sweating. Whats the first thought that comes to mind? Here's another for ya WBT, Your in Atalanta on Marietta st. and in front of you walking your way you see 3 dark gents.Whats the first thing that comes to mind? So when I read this thread "English Bull Terriers" on a working terrier forum because I'm pretty sure that's what its says up top, I'm very interested. But instead I read, vet tec ,conformation this, confirmation nightmare, pitbulls, pattedales, looking for a greyhound to start a lurrcher line, reciting peds back and forth , honest bull dogs that looked like they came from a pet shop,no pics then canned hunting pics I'm sorry but the first thing that comes to my mind is, no kids, wears pants with elastic waist bands and sneakers that Velcro and 24-40lbs overweight. I'm sorry but that's just what happens . I've been in terriers for a long time here in the states In that time I can count on one hand the times I've hunted with women that where 1/2 serious about hunting terriers/dogs ,most were like the description above and there dogs some of them really good were their replacement kids for lack of none or they got older moved out. Now read the next part twice so you get it-I'm not saying this is YOU, its just YOUR first impression you made. Don't get me wrong the men here aren't much better.... most of them don't even own locator systems for there terriers. Now some are going to take this as I'm racist or male chauvinist, I'm not Uphill Doc is. But your on the WWW in a site called "the Hunting Life" in a sub form "Earth dogs" and your sig at the bottom of every post you make is "Home of the Working Bull and Terrier". I was just seeing red flags popping up and asked you a few questions to find out whats,what that's all. You made the posts here and if you get ass hurt from a few simple questions well I'm sorry and I'll recommend the AKC board.

Jawn I think I remember you the the" Hunting Terrier board" and I don't remember you doing much hunting, so I went through your content here. 168 post in and not one thread I could find you started, that had to do with you hunting your dogs, ya I found someone else lion pic, and your dog with a bunny, but nothing with your Eastern European bred dogs doing any heavy lifting. Just saying.So guess what now?

Happy Halloween everybody,

Stunt.

This by far was one of the most entertaining off topic posts in this thread. First of all, yes, I am a woman, and I am VERY serious about my dogs. I am a family woman, I do have kids as a matter of fact! And all of them are under 18, lol. 8-O I'm actually in my 30's. Hate drawstring pants......blue jeans and camo here, every day LOL. Yep, I was a tech for a good while. So? Make sense I'd have a profession where I get to work with animals every day, when dogs are a big part of my life, ASIDE form my kids, lol. No fur mommy here buddy.I do not group my dogs in the same classification as my children. Oh, not overweight either.....(not sure wtf that has to do with anything either, lol). If you're hanging on the 'your dogs don't look scarred up' notion still, you must not have actually READ and comprehended ALL of my prior posts. Sounds like you were skimming for key words. Man, you being from the states, surely you are aware of BSL?? If not, better get educated. I own bulldogs as well as the small terriers.....why in the HELL would I throw up pics of scarred up dogs on the net?? Anyway, this thread was really enjoyable, discussing the breed and such, but it's sure gone to crap now. Oh, and once again, read this well: I am in NO way shape or form "butt hurt" or whatever you'd like to call it just because a couple folks on the net that I'll likely never even meet, who don't know me from Adam, have a few uneducated ill words. Your "first impression" couldn't have been farther from accurate sir.

Edited by WorkingBullandTerrier
  • Like 2

So does anyone here run any dogs that have BT crossed in? I've heard some folks that have BT crossed into other terrier like jagds and patts and lurcher crosses that really liked how they turned out.

Oh, just for fun, so no one else gets the 'wrong first impression' of me....here's me...not old, not 40 pounds overweight, NOT wearing elastic waisted pants NOR sneakers that velcro! (wth?) Imagine that! haha

KrysHog.jpg

• Like 2

Here a picture of my youngest Good Golly Miss Molly with one I took this year. She's already taking small game with me and enjoys hunting varmints with the dogs. I'm usually not surprised when people hunt in the rural south. I'm surprised when they don't.

025fbe.jpg

• Like 1