English Bull Terriers

So far, I've met alot of pleasant folks through this forum, I do like this place. Only thing I noticed is that sometimes in some threads people assume that if you don't post up photos of the dogs working that that automatically means that they must not work or be worth a damn, haha. I don't come on these forums to try and impress or prove anything to total strangers, I come to this place to share enthusiasm about my dogs and to enjoy reading stories about others' dogs and experiences as well. I know my dogs' worth, that's why I feed 'em and scoop their shat every day.

Its true that no pictures doesnt mean you dont hunt, but it sure helps folks get a better idea of what your talking about. We live in the USA where we have the ability to hunt in ways many folks on here can not. They enjoy our pics, and since its all legal....why not post some?

Im hoping to see lots of pics of your EBTs working, just to know that there are still some actually being used. Way too often folks on the WWW do most their hunting on the computer, and in their imaginations...so you can understand folks being a little skeptical. If your gonna get on the WWW you better have thick skin, or little to hide, IMO.

Take care.

Seems to me she beat you to it.

• Like 2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

jawn-Beat me to what?

Who said she could run at all? The state of the modern EBT is pitiful, so its nice to see ones that at least LOOK like they should...now if they WORK like they should, ya got something, but most dont/wont work them. Mine is just a pup, she will be in good shape by seasons end, if she is worth keeping.

Do all your Jagds look like your best one?

Take care.

jawn-Beat me to what?

Who said she could run at all? The state of the modern EBT is pitiful, so its nice to see ones that at least LOOK like they should...now if they WORK like they should, ya got something, but most dont/wont work them. Mine is just a pup, she will be in good shape by seasons end, if she is worth keeping.

Take care.

Not to get in the middle of a couple of Yankee Doodles.....but why would you send a pup into work ? and a pup in poor shape at that ?....surely its about efficiency no ?...............im not making out like i know anything about hunting pigs by the way,just curious :thumbs:

• Like 1

gnasher-You quoted my post, but I wasnt hunting pigs, so not sure if its ment for me or the pic that WBT posted of her pup on a piglet.

In my case, I had my EBT along in the truck when my bullstags caught a coyote. I let her go have a look and she waded right in. I didnt know if she would or wouldnt, as it was the first one she had ever seen. I wasnt worried about her getting hurt badly as there were two big males on the coyote.

I know plenty about getting dogs in shape, but Im not gonna put an 8 mo old gyp in a keep, just so she looks the part LOL

Im not expecting the EBT gyp to set the world on fire, but if she continues to show interest in work I will keep giving her shots at it.

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc
  • Like 1

gnasher-You quoted my post, but I wasnt hunting pigs, so not sure if its ment for me or the pic that WBT posted of her pup on a piglet.

In my case, I had my EBT along in the truck when my bullstags caught a coyote. I let her go have a look and she waded right in. I didnt know if she would or wouldnt, as it was the first one she had ever seen. I wasnt worried about her getting hurt badly as there were two big males on the coyote.

I know plenty about getting dogs in shape, but Im not gonna put an 8 mo old gyp in a keep, just so she looks the part LOL

Im not expecting the EBT gyp to set the world on fire, but if she continues to show interest in work I will keep giving her shots at it.

Take care.

For the record, that hog was no hogzilla, but it certainly wasn't a "piglet." Haha.

As I stated, we were just starting up the pup in the picture. There was one adult, and one pup in that photo. We wouldn't start any dogs on anything smaller than 50-60 pounds.

Here's a small tibit of a video compilation of my husband's 14 pound Patt baying hogs between 150-300 + lbs, for those who would enjoy it. Yes, we know the 150lb is laying on his side, this was due to the fact that the Patt had been baying him for a good hour and a half before we started actually fiming that scene, and it was 100 + degrees that day. Even though his cutters were not big, that same hog almost killed a dog the day before.

He will catch hogs by himself, but if it's anything over about 150 he will bay until back up arrives, at which time he will catch.

%A2%20View%20topic%20-%20They%20say%20SIZE%20matters................!&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FHByXQshm6So&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13516405605741'>http://youtu.be/HByXQshm6So

Oh, and here's one of our "internet hunter" Patts with his new cyber vest he just got today, hahaha

MakkVest.jpg

• Like 1

jawn-Beat me to what?

Take care.

The lady had a picture up before you bestowed all of that wisdom on her about to avoid looking like an internet hunter.lol No big deal.

My "best" jagds look like hammered sht. for the most part. They ain't for looking at. Hell the breed standard doesn't produce a dog that is worth looking at for long if it's standing still.

You have a good looking EBT there. I know that looks count last, but it doesn't hurt to have a good looking prospect if that's what it is. I only said what is obvious. It's pretty heavy especially for a prospect. We all do things different though. My hat's off to you for taking a chance on a breed that HAS for the most part become something other than a working breed.

Edited by jawn