English Bull Terriers

@ Bigfoot.....got it....in between appointments, and when I have a good few minutes to sit down I will write you back :)

@ Stuntman: My husband's bitch was bred in Louisiana. My male cam from Iowa. His parents were bred and purchased from California. He has a couple of imported dogs in his first four generations. I was given my male as a gift from some dear far away friends of mine. I've never had to pay for a dog. All my Patterdales are from a good friend that had been working and breeding his terriers for a long long time. I had been seeking a kennel in the states that actually worked/hunted their BT's to aquire one from, but had zero success. My male is showing great potential thus far, and time and maturity will tell. My husband's bitch is a mature female. She is spot on on anything you put her on, and when she catches for him, she hits the ear every time, and will not break hold until she is broken off. I hope that my male (in due time) and my husband's bitch will be the foundation of a new line of proven working BT stock. As far as out Patts, we use them on boar primarily, but they have also been used on Nutria, Coons, Fox and rats of course. I am usually too busy handling my dogs to take pics, but I know my husband has a few of his bitch catching a hog, and we have a few shots of some of our Patterdales on hogs as well that I can dig up. I'd like to have an extra person around to get some photography done, but it's not my priority.

WBT, I was just wondering if you had any tail gait shots after the fact of your BT's that is all. I'm just so use to the States where enthusiastic people are talking about hunting/working there dogs and next thing you know there's a litter of pups on the ground ,I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.. Hogs are dangerous for a dog how many seasons will you work him till you know whats what? Will you free cast or will he be used as just a catch dog?

I have not produced ONE litter since about 2010. And that was a bulldog bitch of mine that is up in age. My husband's BT bitch I speak of (the one that works for us, and works hard), was bred recently to one of his working Patterdales. None of those are leaving this yard, and if one did, it'd be to the gentleman/friend whom we get our Patts from. I don't think I have sold a dog in my life. If/when I do breed, it's to replace aging stock on the yard, not to peddle puppies.....so that being said, no worries in the 'pointless breeding' department. Everyone's standards are different for their working dog stock. I work my dogs every season as I see fit, so long as they are healthy and of age. Now you're asking about my male BT, the pup? He'll be used as a lead in catch dog, and on smaller game as well, depending on where I hunt and with whom. Here's a shot of the my husband's bitch starting up her son, her only offspring to this day.

100_0437-1.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

Oh wow ok. I do believe the gentleman my husband got his dog from owned Carla at the time she passed away. I'd have loved to have seen her in person. This same gentleman is who I got my heavy six bits male from that I posted prior in this thread. Do you have any dogs left down from Carla?

No I never owned any from Carla. Pretty sure the last I saw her was at Brumley's. I had her mom Oreo for a while. She was an honest bulldog like her daddy.

Oh wow ok. I do believe the gentleman my husband got his dog from owned Carla at the time she passed away. I'd have loved to have seen her in person. This same gentleman is who I got my heavy six bits male from that I posted prior in this thread. Do you have any dogs left down from Carla?

No I never owned any from Carla. Pretty sure the last I saw her was at Brumley's. I had her mom Oreo for a while. She was an honest bulldog like her daddy.

Nice...I bet she was. I have an older bitch here that family bred on some older Eli blood....I want to back her to my male off Yogi before she passes. She's a tall, thick boned classic looking jet black bitch, honest bulldog for sure. That'll probably be my last bulldog breeding for a long while.

Working Bull and Terrier,

What did the bull x patterdale come out like? size and work wise?

TUFFTY

The bitch is actually due to drop any day now, so it'll be a bit before I can answer that question :)

Would be interesting to see how they turn out :thumbs:

i post the beddy grey because i would maybe put the white dog over her. Shes mine and i just have a feeeling that would be a superb cross, maybe wrong though

just noticed this post mate... i know its a diff cross but i bred a full staff bull to a whippet x grey and got trooper!! nice game bitch but too slow for most things... suppose it depends on what a person needs but heres a pic!

post-40585-0-36490000-1351443102.jpg

• Like 1

hello Old School, thanks for the photos. The bully is 22" and 55lb. A lump of an animal but proportionallly i think hes about right and compliments a runner. Hes prey drive is through the roof and he has a 5 mile time 1 minuite slower than the bikejoring european record. He does have plenty of wind but will add weight to the cross. He is not just bred on looks and is a very capable animal so im looking forward to seeing what this mating may produce. It would only be a mating for me and my brother. I rekon the positives out way the negatives.

Enfield-20121027-01547.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

• Like 9