deer dogs (preban)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

wel obviously ye nan taught u f**k all thats why yer asking silly questions pmsl

How's that? I stated quite clearly that I'd never ran Sika so was unsure as to why people said they were easy. What's silly about that? You come on, make a stupid comment in an attempt to ridicule people but add nothing more. If you have this vast knowledge and experience maybe you could use it to qualify some of your scoffing. It doesn't seem to me that you've actually got any answers. If you read back, you've answered nothing and just posting comments trying to make yourself sound better. That smacks of insecurity, probably bought on by a lack of real world knowledge and a transparent attempt to be in with the cool kids.

How about you add something constructive to the thread? When you reply, get a grown up to help you write it, I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say. But then again, I bet you don't even know what you're trying to say.

Seen plenty sika some big bucks what makes them easier ?

I thought Darcy would've popped back on with some answers. No one that's said they were easy has offered any explanation as to why.
HAW HAW HAW oooooooohhhhhh FFs that's quality :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::notworthy: cheered me up that did :laugh:

I reckon that he's currently writing another book where all will be revealed, I might offer him a couple of quid for him to explain why he thinks Sika are the easiest of all the deer. :laugh: I'm curious, I never had a chance to run them but I did run other species, I find it a bit unusual that a deer of that size would be slower or have less fight in it than a CWD.

when u find some u will find out for ureself stags got more fight than most of species

And explain CLEARLY what this means!! It makes no sense at all.

I thought Darcy would've popped back on with some answers. No one that's said they were easy has offered any explanation as to why.
HAW HAW HAW oooooooohhhhhh FFs that's quality :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::notworthy: cheered me up that did :laugh:

I reckon that he's currently writing another book where all will be revealed, I might offer him a couple of quid for him to explain why he thinks Sika are the easiest of all the deer. :laugh: I'm curious, I never had a chance to run them but I did run other species, I find it a bit unusual that a deer of that size would be slower or have less fight in it than a CWD.

Are you questioning the man? :laugh: look forward to the barrage of abuse from his followers :D

Well, I asked a question, then I asked a couple of more times in case it'd been missed. When I realised that it was being ignored I thought I'd chuck it out there!! I only want an answer, I'm not doubting anyone I'm just curious.

I can take a bit of abuse, as long as those dishing it out can take it back and know as much as me, there's nothing worse than someone gobbing off and then folding like a quick release deckchair when they can't Google the answers to my questions quick enough!!! LOL!!!

chartpolski............. :hmm::bye:

Are you questioning the man? :laugh: look forward to the barrage of abuse from his followers :D

Well, I asked a question, then I asked a couple of more times in case it'd been missed. When I realised that it was being ignored I thought I'd chuck it out there!! I only want an answer, I'm not doubting anyone I'm just curious.

I can take a bit of abuse, as long as those dishing it out can take it back and know as much as me, there's nothing worse than someone gobbing off and then folding like a quick release deckchair when they can't Google the answers to my questions quick enough!!! LOL!!!

Nope! The old duffer couldn't write as well as I do. He was exactly the sort I'm talking about, he'd give it out but couldn't take it and he made up loads of stuff about hunting in the Arab states. He never did any of the stuff he said because non Arabs don't get taken out hunting.

• Like 1
Guest thebigdog

Nope! The old duffer couldn't write as well as I do. He was exactly the sort I'm talking about, he'd give it out but couldn't take it and he made up loads of stuff about hunting in the Arab states. He never did any of the stuff he said because non Arabs don't get taken out hunting.

nail on the head there stewie, i reckon :laugh:

Hi Kranky, sorry for a belated reply. Obviously this is only one mans opinion but. ...from what I have seen sika are the slowest of all our deer, they seem not to take the chase seriously enough at first and more often than not a dog is in full stride and before the sika knows whats happening it cannot get up to it's 'escape mode' speed. The hinds seem to fold fairly easily and all but the biggest stags are not really too difficult for a dog. to have over. The biggest stags are, of course, much, much harder to stop. They have their weight and bulk and they will spike a dog if they get the chance, but i reckon a fallow buck is far harder to take with a dog, single handed in the daytime. One thing I found in common with the fallow was the bigger the herd the easier it was to drop a deer.

That's just my opinion on the wild japanese Sika. Obviously the other species of sika will be different slightly.

I hope this has helped....JD

I knew I'd get you to answer kranky :D well put :thumbs:

This is the order I would of put the six species in, the hardest to take is last in the list. IMO the right lurcher was capable of taking all consistantly single :yes:

Cwd ... Sika ?

Muntjac

Roe

Fallow buck

Red hind

Edited by C Hall

This is the order I would of put the six species in, the hardest to take is last in the list. IMO the right lurcher is capable of taking all consistantly single :yes:

Cwd ... Sika ?

Muntjac

Roe

Fallow buck

Red hind

Thats the thing with animals You start to generalise them and they seem to have a knack of making you look stupid .... Edited by fitchet

This is the order I would of put the six species in, the hardest to take is last in the list. IMO the right lurcher is capable of taking all consistantly single :yes:

Cwd ... Sika ?

Muntjac

Roe

Fallow buck

Red hind

Thats the thing with animals You start to generalise them and they seem to have a knack of making you look stupid ....

What do you mean exactly?

There was always going to be deer of all species in the UK that could and did straight line make any lurcher look poor. I thought even the most "stupid" lurcher folk should be able to work that out? :yes: but then again on second thoughts :whistling:

Edited by C Hall

i have done thousands of sika preban and i think it all depends what time of year you ran them get them before and leading up to the rut and you can have a good fight on your hands ,ive seen them at that time of year with 3 dogs on them jump over fences like they were jack russells on there back ,im not a small man and had many a fight with a good stag ive had them put there head down and ram the motors ive seen dogs heads kicked in when a good stag has let the dog have it .but you get them after the rut they aint the same deer they are shagged out and havent got alot of go in them ,you can feel that they are all skin and bone ,where get one before the rut and he stinks and is strong has a ox ,

fallow ive not done nowhere near the same as ive had sika but ive still done my fair share ,but they dont do it for me ,i think they are really fast when going but ive never had a good stag thats put up a good fight they just seem to give up ive had roe who who put up a better fight to live than a fallow ,but like i said ive not done as many fallow than i have other deer and i dont think for one mintue that you will get some goodens

Cwd ... Sika ?

Muntjac

Roe

Fallow buck

Red hind

Thats the thing with animals You start to generalise them and they seem to have a knack of making you look stupid ....

What do you mean exactly?

There was always going to be deer of all species in the UK that could and did straight line make any lurcher look poor. I thought even the most "stupid" lurcher folk should be able to work that out? :yes: but then again on second thoughts :whistling:

This dog in this pic has killed fallow roe and muntjac in there dozens. . Hes taken a few kickings hes had ribs broken teeth knocked out ect. He took his first roe at. 6months and has never looked back.he bumped into an angry munty one night. Have you ever seen a deer rated higher on your list inflict these sort of cuts ?

C1C7EA23-EA5D-4285-B47F-70CF8899FEDD-567