david hancock lurchers

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Borderscott,I do keep plummer type terriers amongst others ,I thought I'd put a few pics in to brighten your obvious dull existence living in sh*tsville,I know you don't get out much so here's a few m

Away back....before the internet was in the ken of normal mortals....Blake Farm was probably a bit rough and ready.....but ye made yer choice, paid yer money and fecked off home....nowadays it's certa

I pointed several folk towards both the Welsh litter and Magpie's pups and another litter on here a while ago which escapes me now...........   One fella who sent several PMs in his 'long and fruit

Posted Images

Pup with the red collar on,his future stud dog?

Litter brother to my bitch

BBB,this bitch will be hammered by work so we will see whats being produced now,hope you do the same with yours,it will be interesting ????

they tend to take a while to fully mature and reach their full potential very easy to cock it up early on and then call the dog/breeder after, not saying you would but it happens

scummy looking place and dogs that have never seen hard graft to test their feet wind heart etc but then fools and there money are easily parted :bad:

Ive never been there, but are his kennels clean, are they fed good grub, most important, how often are they out the pens for exercise, are the brood bitches bred every time they come in Season, and what does he do with them, when too old to breed?

• Like 1

Pup with the red collar on,his future stud dog?

Litter brother to my bitch

BBB,this bitch will be hammered by work so we will see whats being produced now,hope you do the same with yours,it will be interesting ????

The fact that yours is to be 'hammered' with work will hardly be an indicator of what he's producing now....will it.... :hmm::hmm::hmm: It will show you how good your bitch is....nothing more....to suggest otherwise is just silly..... :thumbs: You can't just take one Hancock pup out of one Hancock litter and use it as a benchmark as to the quality of everything Hancock is producing......and that's basically what you are suggesting here..... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

• Like 2

Good stuff WM, nice pup your lad's got there. Could you expand on Woodies breeding?

Also, why against your 'better judgment', is that because it was the sires first litter?

:thumbs:

My lads bitch is 3/4 grey,1/8 border,1/8 beardie,"Woodie"'s a nice enough looking dog but a bit small for my liking and he has never seen any work,I only ever buy off worker/worker and agree with a lot of the lads posting the same,genetics (despite some of the rubbish written on the previous page) is my strong point and it is the proven dogs over many years that produce the better progeny,they have to be tested fully and still be of sound feet and body before considering breeding a litter,dogs that get knocked up and suffer damage from week to week only pass on that poor DNA,I understand you can get the odd throwback in a litter that can be outstanding but it is very rare he will reproduce anything as good as himself,"BREEDING IS EVERYTHING" start with the best and you will not go far wrong,WM

• Like 2

Good stuff WM, nice pup your lad's got there. Could you expand on Woodies breeding?

Also, why against your 'better judgment', is that because it was the sires first litter?

My lads bitch is 3/4 grey,1/8 border,1/8 beardie,"Woodie"'s a nice enough looking dog but a bit small for my liking and he has never seen any work,I only ever buy off worker/worker and agree with a lot of the lads posting the same,genetics (despite some of the rubbish written on the previous page) is my strong point and it is the proven dogs over many years that produce the better progeny,they have to be tested fully and still be of sound feet and body before considering breeding a litter,dogs that get knocked up and suffer damage from week to week only pass on that poor DNA,I understand you can get the odd throwback in a litter that can be outstanding but it is very rare he will reproduce anything as good as himself,"BREEDING IS EVERYTHING" start with the best and you will not go far wrong,WM

There are proven workers and proven producers, find a dog that is both and you have found that crock of gold

• Like 1

There are proven workers and proven producers, find a dog that is both and you have found that crock of gold

correct a good brood bitch is not always the best worker but is often the best producer and visa versa

Little Linnet..? Was she, like the Linnet that he had before, a lurcher. Monica L and Missy too..?

If so, would that not make it more difficult to put direct fractions to what is in those pups and they would be simply variable collie crosses..?

Borderscott,I see you're being your normal pedantic self, examining every word for a chance to criticise,it is not my dog but my lads and the bitch will in no way be a marker to his breed standard but I have owned every possible collie cross both from him and others,so its not rocket science to see whats being produced by "WOODIE",this is his first litter so we were asked to keep in touch as to her progress,I would never buy one from him or any other non worked dog,WM