Kelpie lurchers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

//

This little bitch is Kelpie/Collie X Grew and she ain't too bad so far. Looking forward to this season and getting a bit of graft in front of her now.  

Austrailian cattle dog bred lurcher to a racing whippet A real hard dog,massive prey drive,

Posted Images

I had a kelpie whip/grey from Dave Sleights breeding years ago now.Wouldn't have another didn't get on with it at all.Funny breed the kelpie although on paper it looks like a great cross due to the attributes that it brings it doesn't always work out like that. Same with the ACD.Dave Sleight & Phil Lloyd have both gone back to the more convention collie cross.Makes you wonder why? If the cross was so good why did they not stick at it & why didn't it take the lurcher scene by storm as the most popular cross?The kelpie's breeding is surposed to be scottish hill collie,dingo with possibly a touch of bull.The ACD is surpose to be scottish hill collie,kelpie,bit of bull & dalmation. This is what i was told by these men that bred them into lurcher breeding. :thumbs:

I had a kelpie whip/grey from Dave Sleights breeding years ago now.Wouldn't have another didn't get on with it at all.Funny breed the kelpie although on paper it looks like a great cross due to the attributes that it brings it doesn't always work out like that. Same with the ACD.Dave Sleight & Phil Lloyd have both gone back to the more convention collie cross.Makes you wonder why? If the cross was so good why did they not stick at it & why didn't it take the lurcher scene by storm as the most popular cross?The kelpie's breeding is surposed to be scottish hill collie,dingo with possibly a touch of bull.The ACD is surpose to be scottish hill collie,kelpie,bit of bull & dalmation. This is what i was told by these men that bred them into lurcher breeding. :thumbs:

Are you sure d.sleight gone back to collies, i nearly got a kelpie cross off him several months ago and i also thought he was on mission to breed a pure brown kelpie lurcher....or something along those lines.

Here is my Kelpie/ Collie bitch bred by Dave Sleight, she was bred out of Dave's bitch Gem to his greyhound/ whippet dog, Blue.

Gem was a red welsh collie cross kelpie put to a racing whippet.

This bitch is now 8 years old and has been a good genuine working bitch day and night. Tough little dog, never got hurt until recently and always gave 100%. She is a pleasure to own and easily trained. I wish I would have bred from her as I think she was good enough but just kept working her.

post-7523-0-19123200-1344612440.jpg

• Like 6

Here is my Kelpie/ Collie bitch bred by Dave Sleight, she was bred out of Dave's bitch Gem to his greyhound/ whippet dog, Blue.

Gem was a red welsh collie cross kelpie put to a racing whippet.

This bitch is now 8 years old and has been a good genuine working bitch day and night. Tough little dog, never got hurt until recently and always gave 100%. She is a pleasure to own and easily trained. I wish I would have bred from her as I think she was good enough but just kept working her.

Nice type of bitch she is mate :thumbs: How tall is she can't really make it out from the pic, I know Gem wasn't that tall but Dave did rate her

Hi Breeze, sorry I didnt reply straight away I had to go to work.

Despite how tall she looks in the picture shes only 21" to the shoulder but when fit weighed 42lb. Gem was only about 19". Although quite small she took quite a few hares (pre-ban) worked up in the day time with short, sharp runs as she had good early pace and a great strike.

Heres a recent picture of her, looking slightly grey in the face now.

post-7523-0-18600600-1344635728.jpg

• Like 1