I still own bulldogs. I run two bloods - Jeep/Redboy/Turtlebuster (Plowboy's Ch Willie) and these are the only animals that I will ever cross my pattys with. I own Bolio/Boomerang crosses down Gr. Ch Flash blood and I would never cross these dogs into my hunting stock. I use a pure bulldog too hunt with my pattys as well. Connecting noses to the brains on this dogs is hard!!! Totally agree, Bryan

• Like 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

Just want to say, i dont put down early entering to these failures i had...the first one, i think she was just a cull, it happens in all litters...the two jadg x pits, i think the whole litter was culled in the end, blood just didnt gel, and the whole litter was wank....this fourth pup is a better prospect, just way to MASSIVE...

Some of the best ones you can hope for. The probably I seen as we have done this and now working on the 3rd generation down from the original cross is the 50/50 pit / patty are truly 50 / 50 at getting good hunters. We are using the best bulldog blood in the states. These dogs have wind, gameness, and smarts which many pits IMO don't. It is the quality of the bulldog here that is helping. But back to point, the crosses of 50 /50 are good but never has good as the 25% or 1/8 crosses. The 50 /50 are producers when they are bred to quality patterdales. I have one that is 25% bull and the dog is absolutely the best hunter. To big for ground at 22lbs but he tries his damnest too! Far as above ground, nothing has whooped him and nothing as escape him and he will be the foundation to my little terriers. I will probably go another generation or two before I add any more bull blood in them again. I think every 5 to 6 generations it will help but with the way I cull it might be longer. We are looking for the best and average or good won't cut it. The dog I speak of isn't even 2 years old and the bitches are being lined up to go to him. This guy is an absolute monster! The other draw back to the 50 / 50 is dog aggression at times and sometimes it is unbarable. This guys sire was a great hunter by himself, any other dog or female, he forgot the game and wanted the dog is the draw back but again using quality pit bulldog blood is the key and draw back at the same time. This little dog pictured has over 10 coons under his belt by himself, not a bit of help in tight spaces too! Over 50 oppossums, 25 ground hogs and just hasn't got lucky enough to find a fox this season. All this game was taken in the last 5 months!

015.jpg

282904_375480792501499_1356848410_n.jpg

10 coon and 25 groundhog with hardly a scratch on him, Must be a hell of a good dog.

I think you are windier than a sack full of assholes myself!

• Like 1

Yup, the jadg x bulls where from BH...He is a very honest guy, and he dosnt seem to mess around with his dogs...on paper the cross seemed good, just didnt gel right for what ever reason,...

The first one was from Main, and she was a very backward kind of pup...very nervous, and timid acting,...couldnt take a correction...that bitch was HUNT CRAZY though,...very skilled nose...she was good on game, until it put a tooth in her, then she just threw the towel in,...a PERFECT size and stamp for what i want...this last one is from Main as well, but i own the sire...sadly the dog is massive,...he wont get to ground in anything but the biggest earths...he'll be fun and hunts and handles good...i'll use him on feral pigs, and coyotes that have been run up drainage pipes buy the sighthounds...he is a perfect stamp, just needs scaling right down...funnily enough, that dogs half sister (same sire, but a terriers dam) is far more advanced, she is crazy and has to be held back from getting into sticky situastions...so far, she is much more drivey, and has more desire to put her mouth on game...although, as Brian has stated, many Bulldogs are slow starters....the half cross wont get to see anything until this fall and winter...he SHOULD be up for it then, he'll be around the 2yrs old mark....if he dosnt make the grade, i probably wont mess with the hybrid again...that will be four on my yard, and four failures...im known to be very patient with my dogs, and give them all the chances they need, so i know they havent been rushed or over taxed to early.

Here is what most dogs that have been on 25 ground hogs in 5 mo. would look like.

Kye: This is a 1/2 brother to Monkey.

What a stupid picture to take in the first place let alone stick up on the WWW.

:yes: :yes: and as for your question I think it is

Some of the best ones you can hope for. The probably I seen as we have done this and now working on the 3rd generation down from the original cross is the 50/50 pit / patty are truly 50 / 50 at getting good hunters. We are using the best bulldog blood in the states. These dogs have wind, gameness, and smarts which many pits IMO don't. It is the quality of the bulldog here that is helping. But back to point, the crosses of 50 /50 are good but never has good as the 25% or 1/8 crosses. The 50 /50 are producers when they are bred to quality patterdales. I have one that is 25% bull and the dog is absolutely the best hunter. To big for ground at 22lbs but he tries his damnest too! Far as above ground, nothing has whooped him and nothing as escape him and he will be the foundation to my little terriers. I will probably go another generation or two before I add any more bull blood in them again. I think every 5 to 6 generations it will help but with the way I cull it might be longer. We are looking for the best and average or good won't cut it. The dog I speak of isn't even 2 years old and the bitches are being lined up to go to him. This guy is an absolute monster! The other draw back to the 50 / 50 is dog aggression at times and sometimes it is unbarable. This guys sire was a great hunter by himself, any other dog or female, he forgot the game and wanted the dog is the draw back but again using quality pit bulldog blood is the key and draw back at the same time. This little dog pictured has over 10 coons under his belt by himself, not a bit of help in tight spaces too! Over 50 oppossums, 25 ground hogs and just hasn't got lucky enough to find a fox this season. All this game was taken in the last 5 months!

015.jpg

282904_375480792501499_1356848410_n.jpg

10 coon and 25 groundhog with hardly a scratch on him, Must be a hell of a good dog.

I think you are windier than a sack full of assholes myself!

I don't blame you a bit for saying that. If I didn't own him, I would either. Don't get me wrong he has had his ass handed to him once but besides that nothing can hang. I used my bulldog blood to make the breeding. Pit dogs have a special style that tends to be typical of the line and that is why I used the ones I used plus this line is smart. The bulldogs bred like this are typical front end dogs and that is exact how my pitter patter works, he stays to the front end only. A good terrier will always stay to the front end to miminize the damage them, that is where the smarts are picked up. That is why so pitter patters work and some dog. Not all patterdale is created equal and for sure not all bulldog blood is either. My patterdale side is mostly Gould and Nutall for the most part filling my 3rd and 4th generation. All my dogs are down from the great bulldog man, G. Hammonds. He breeds his pattys like bulldogs and with me being a ex bulldog, it fit my style of hunting needs exactly. I like barnstormers who are smart, same as my bulldogs.