Here is what most dogs that have been on 25 ground hogs in 5 mo. would look like.

Kye: This is a 1/2 brother to Monkey.

What a stupid picture to take in the first place let alone stick up on the WWW.

Far as stupid pictures. Why should I hide what I love. It is legal here in states to hunt like this and I am in season hunting my land. I am not ashamed of anything. Far as scars, my explanation in my breeding has a lot to do with it but it has his white hairs popping out all over his front and neck but I didn't know I had to prove my dog's worth to you, I was merely commenting on the pitter patter. I give two f's less what you like or don't like about my dogs. I own him because he works for me but if you are in the midwest in the states any time, feel free to call and I will be glad to hunt with you and I will be glad to wager that my dogs take more than yours too. I am game as my terriers are. Good day.

Edited by showmespeed
  • Like 2

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition.

1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc.

2. your new to the terrier game and think that using photos of terriers in bad condition will in some way enhance your ego amongst the other idiots that are very unfortunatly with in our ranks. And are unwanted within our ranks.

I'd say in your case it's number 2.

• Like 11

Glad yours are working out well mate...i honestly think mine was just the cull of the litter..its just one of them things...a real shame, as she was a beaut, and the exact size and shape that i like....she taught me a ton about canine behaviour...

Ive never owned a cross dog full stop......but have an interest in both these breeds as individuals......what i dont understand is what the main benefits from the cross actually are,surely if your crossing dogs you want to utilize the qualities and rid the bad traits to end up with an improvement of what both breeds could do as individuals.......that being the main objective to crossing breeds.

Well what exactly does an Apbt add to the mix as regards qualities ?...........Ive been reading this thread with interest but cant help but wonder when i hear things like " Gary Hammonds breeds his Patt,s the same as he bred his bulldogs "......what does that mean he breeds Patterdales purely from paperwork ?.....I have every respect for what Gary Hammonds achieved in the bulldog world but in his latter years in the breed he only bred paperwork.......so again it beats me how a cross like this could actually be an improvement for the work needed......nobody would dream of crossing a Patterdale into a Bulldog for the work a Bulldog does......so what is it a Bulldog adds to a Patterdale for his work ?.......................Im not picking holes by the way im just genuinely interested. :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

i dig to one regularly very keen dog but a little on the large side , maybe abit too keen, always in a mess & in and out the sick bay throughout the season, which ended up with not as many digs as we wanted to, i also dug to the dam to this dog & this was the same she was very hands on so to speak and sadly this became her downfall and was lost to ground, i have the chance to own one out of that bitch but i wont take it on as there to large for the earths i work and would only be good for at the end of the dig

Gnasher they improve head and bone in terriers, sometimes they end up too hard though :thumbs:

But can the physical benefits not be gained through any type bull terrier ?......are they not too dog aggressive ?.....

:yes: through staffs to throw the pups smaller than the american cross, most will be dog aggressive even when well socialized as pups ;)
......so what is it a Bulldog adds to a Patterdale for his work ?.......................Im not picking holes by the way im just genuinely interested. :thumbs:

Durability,wind,physical strength and ability to think clearly under pressure.

• Like 1