• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

Gnasher they improve head and bone in terriers, sometimes they end up too hard though :thumbs:

But can the physical benefits not be gained through any type bull terrier ?......are they not too dog aggressive ?.....

:yes: through staffs to throw the pups smaller than the american cross, most will be dog aggressive even when well socialized as pups ;)

sorry mate your wrong, every one ive seen, been out with and had in my kennel for a few months for a friend were all brilliant dogs wouldnt touch another dog

maybe its down to the owner

• Like 4

Gnasher they improve head and bone in terriers, sometimes they end up too hard though :thumbs:

But can the physical benefits not be gained through any type bull terrier ?......are they not too dog aggressive ?.....

:yes: through staffs to throw the pups smaller than the american cross, most will be dog aggressive even when well socialized as pups ;)

sorry mate your wrong, every one ive seen, been out with and had in my kennel for a few months for a friend were all brilliant dogs wouldnt touch another dog

I've never owned a cross mate just going off my pals dogs :thumbs:

• Like 1

fair enough mate, you may be right some may be like that but the ones i no of are all sound around dogs

fair enough mate, you may be right some may be like that but the ones i no of are all sound around dogs

Probably through the bull used though ;) , I was lucky to catch my bitch in heat to line her with my dog or my bully would of lined her as she normally flits from kennel to kennel :icon_redface:

And theres the part i dont understand.....i can see the logic to utilising the durability,smarts and general stickability of a bulldog............but the one thing that for me puts them apart from other breeds is that willingness and desire to do battle with one of their own...............a trait not needed and possibly a hindrance to a digging terrier.......meaning a poor quality bulldog ( ie a cur ) can create just as good a dog from the cross as a gr ch pit ace !...and a gr ch pit ace will be of no real value if the offspring show the same willingness for battle their father did......i understand the cross it just seems a backward logic to me why not just use another bull terrier type.

I can promise this guys, a bulldog willingness to get on another dog has nothing to do with the owner or socialization around other dogs for the most part but there is always an exception to the rule. Don't let that PETA/HSUS bs fool you into thinking it!!!! A real bulldog bred to do the duty will do it no matter what unless they are just a rank cur. NOT ALL PIT BULLS OR BULL BLOOD IS EQUAL, NOT EVEN REMOTELY. A true performance bred bulldog will have something to contribute in the cross, usually a bit of mouth more in cross vs. a standard bred patty, usually a bit more gameness (not talking bs on a good pattys gameness) but some do lack plus I amhating baying dogs but I have seen deadgame pattys that have died working before they will leave game, seen one that was an absolute monster booth/nutall - I like scrapers that don't bark but do their duty with a vegence and bigger set of cutters also. They are draw backs but mostly with the ability to go to ground IMHO. Just the usual things I see as a fancier. The attitude or dog aggressiveness is seen less and less as the cross gets further back in the pedigree. The 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 bulldog bred with quality pattys are good dogs. But in the pedigrees of famous dogs (patterdales/fells) that are papered as patterdales or fells by PTCA and other registries for the state boys and girls are papered. Far as pedigrees over the pond, I am not for sure of how or what is papered because I am still learning about your dogs over there but far as pitter patters we know them well in my circle of friends.

I will bring the names later on here but I was told by a english men that some patterdales/fells were bred with bulldogs and still papered as pattys from famous names in the patterdale breed? Is this true. I bring the exact names on here later today. Were patterdales, pure for what that word is worth matched as pit dogs overseas years and years ago? Neive American looking for an honest answer.

Good call on the socialization. Bulldogs just love a scrap whether they are socialized or not. In fact I would say it's a bad idea to try and socialize an bulldog at all- that's an accident waiting to happen. I know there will be some yahoo saying they socialized their bulldog and it gets along fine, but if you had a lab that didn't fetch I'd say that's a poor example of a lab... they crossterriers into bulldogs for the heart and staying power, as well as Bite and finish. The downsides are DA and increased size

• Like 2

have 1 here 9 months old dog bit of a nusance with the terriers and cant keep him here maybe he will snap out of it maybe not.any you irish lads want to take a chance with him mail me.sadly i had to get rid of my bitch aswell great worker a demon in the field.i find they are ok with other dogs but if another dog as much as snaps at them thats it and once they switch on hard to take there mind off it anyway iv 1 there if any you lads want to bring him on

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly what the "breed" doesn't need; A bunch of misinformed half assed bulldog owners. These dogs are not for everyone. They are canine combat athletes and they will get you in the news if aren't 100% prepared to handle them.

• Like 13

"i find they are ok with other dogs but if another dog as much as snaps at them thats it"

That would make them NOT ok with other dogs lol

yea ha i suppose your right in fact you are right :thumbs:

gnasher u said '.meaning a poor quality bulldog ( ie a cur ) can create just as good a dog from the cross as a gr ch pit ace !.'

no way a 10 minute cur can with stand being dug to 2 ,3 times every week every season .. i read story of one armitage that quit from first bite, armitage said he was runkest curr he has seen.. now can such useless dog stay badger for hours every week every season .. or will he come out after 5 min with badger . and refuse to re enter. really a terrier needs true gameness to be able to work badger week in out .