MINSHAW .....

What intrigues me is that some of these Minshaw dogs have been bred from untested and clearly under par bitches and folk have bought and are willing to backslap and promote what great dogs ~ bitches these are, when its clear they have not even done half a shift in their life’s.

Do people not believe this puts the strain/ gene pool more at jeopardy??

Some may be potential jibbers that have not been pushed past a handful of runs and not given the opportunity to chuck the towel in. Yet they are “good uns” carrying “some good blood” ..

Which of Barkers Bitches was finished after 11 rabbits down at Marks??

Did some just want some of these pups because Chester and Jack sired the litters??

Genuine question ..

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

How tractable have you found the line Andy, I know the dogs are tractable when it comes to the quarry they take and they were mainly lampers but were they used for differing types of work much? :thumbs:

To be perfectly honest Johnny nigh on all the ones i know or knew of and seen run was almost solely were out and out lamping dogs if not that then it was working with the terriers,no doubt there will of been jukels that were out ferreting,hunting up their own gear etc: but i certainly never took any of mine out ferreting or such :icon_redface: ..never had time for lamping them :D ..our Dean used to take Ginny and she done ok at it,Don seems to have taken to the ferreting like a duck to water and i think Venus has taken Tomo by surprise with her ferreting?..daytime coursing well i aint EVER heard of any making their name in that game,yes they caught a few here and there :whistling: but you wouldn't of been taking them down the Fens twice a week with high hopes of killing 5/5 :laugh: ..... i think anyone selling them as pups stating that they would be out and out hare killers during the day,guaranteed to be ultimate foxing machines they would just be talking shite imo?...yes some will turn out half decent in them spheres but then again i suppose there is no guarantees with ANY strain/type of lurcher is there?...they are just good owld fashioned bag fillers of edible game,preferably done in darkness with the aid of the dazzler..the majority of them seem to possess great stamina and an attribute they are renowned for was something that Baz stated about the 1/2 Minshaw coursing types he ran..they have a very fast recovery rate,sometimes when you think they have had enough they just keep on rolling on :D ..ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 1

What intrigues me is that some of these Minshaw dogs have been bred from untested and clearly under par bitches and folk have bought and are willing to backslap and promote what great dogs ~ bitches these are, when its clear they have not even done half a shift in their life’s.

Some may be potential jibbers that have not been pushed past a handful of runs and not given the opportunity to chuck the towel in. Yet they are “good uns” carrying “some good blood” ..

Did some just want some of these pups because Chester and Jack sired the litters??

Genuine question ..

Let's be honest here Steve..they can't of wanted one on the strength of what the bitches of JB'S done surely?..he once told me he had caught 25 bunnies in a season and that was with company :blink: ...big white hunter :toast:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 1

Tell you what we can right about how tomo won a cup against some top saluki bread dogs way a bitch whith no saluki in it and cost him 40 pound lol that's the best story I've ever heard lol

she was £60 mate,,lol,,,and nobody was more suprised that day than me,,, :laugh: ,,, to be fair she was a very very fast bitch with a great mouth,,, and she just relished that doubled up type of event,,,

fecking thread,,, ive been away 4 days in paris, took the kids to disney land (free tickets :icon_redface: ) had to spend 3 hours this morning catching up,,,,,, :laugh: dogs are stood crossed leged

• Like 1

Genuine question ..

Moom, I allways thought you were a fan of the Minshaws; what was it that put you off them, mate ?

Cheers.

Tell you what we can right about how tomo won a cup against some top saluki bread dogs way a bitch whith no saluki in it and cost him 40 pound lol that's the best story I've ever heard lol

she was £60 mate,,lol,,,and nobody was more suprised that day than me,,, :laugh: ,,, to be fair she was a very very fast bitch with a great mouth,,, and she just relished that doubled up type of event,,,

fecking thread,,, ive been away 4 days in paris, took the kids to disney land (free tickets :icon_redface: ) had to spend 3 hours this morning catching up,,,,,, :laugh: dogs are stood crossed leged

Thats what you get for fecking off :laugh: ..a fast dog will always have a fast dogs chance?..proved that with the Brick's Kat?..a good gob and pace and a tight runner then there's ALWAYS a chance :yes: ..obviously if you get a 6 minute race your fecked :laugh: ..ATB Andy :thumbs:

How tractable have you found the line Andy, I know the dogs are tractable when it comes to the quarry they take and they were mainly lampers but were they used for differing types of work much? :thumbs:

To be perfectly honest Johnny nigh on all the ones i know or knew of and seen run was almost solely were out and out lamping dogs if not that then it was working with the terriers,no doubt there will of been jukels that were out ferreting,hunting up their own gear etc: but i certainly never took any of mine out ferreting or such :icon_redface: ..never had time for lamping them :D ..our Dean used to take Ginny and she done ok at it,Don seems to have taken to the ferreting like a duck to water and i think Venus has taken Tomo by surprise with her ferreting?..daytime coursing well i aint EVER heard of any making their name in that game,yes they caught a few here and there :whistling: but you wouldn't of been taking them down the Fens twice a week with high hopes of killing 5/5 :laugh: ..... i think anyone selling them as pups stating that they would be out and out hare killers during the day,guaranteed to be ultimate foxing machines they would just be talking shite imo?...yes some will turn out half decent in them spheres but then again i suppose there is no guarantees with ANY strain/type of lurcher is there?...they are just good owld fashioned bag fillers of edible game,preferably done in darkness with the aid of the dazzler..the majority of them seem to possess great stamina and an attribute they are renowned for was something that Baz stated about the 1/2 Minshaw coursing types he ran..they have a very fast recovery rate,sometimes when you think they have had enough they just keep on rolling on :D ..ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Thanks for that Andy. :thumbs:

here u go andy not the best pic but the best i could do this is the bitch i pm u about the black and white bitch on the left..................does she ring any bells? atb rj

RJ did the bitch come from Cumbria as a puppy? ATB Andy. ;)

here u go andy not the best pic but the best i could do this is the bitch i pm u about the black and white bitch on the left..................does she ring any bells? atb rj

yes she did mate around 91/92 shes still about warming buy the fire ............ she was excelent on the lamp 30s 40s were easy for her and the best she managed 4-5 hares on the lamp :thumbs: take it she rings a bell ???
  • Like 1
Guest Moscow

Genuine question ..

Moom, I allways thought you were a fan of the Minshaws; what was it that put you off them, mate ?

Cheers.

I agree with what he says in his post CP I dont think its anything to do with being put off them.

• Like 1

yes she did mate around 91/92 shes still about warming buy the fire ............ she was excelent on the lamp 30s 40s were easy for her and the best she managed 4-5 hares on the lamp :thumbs: take it she rings a bell ???

I can remember having a look at some pups a long while ago RJ but i can't recall what year it was and there was a couple of that colour amongst them,they were from Cockermouth up here in Cumbria which is about 2 miles from where Minshaw lived..a lad called Wayne had them? If it had been a few years earlier i'd of said she was from the same litter as that coloured bitch called Jess which i had because her sister was the identical of that lol.. ATB Andy. :thumbs:

:boogy: Holy shit...150 pages,2000+ replies and over 80,000 views in 3 weeks :blink: ...not bad for a bunch of curs that no-one knows what the feck they are out of wouldn't you say? :laugh: ...well done folks :victory: ..top craic :yes:
Guest Moscow

Giro Iam shure if were all in the no about jb then Andy and rh would not have bread to the bitches believe me I've tested deisel I've ran that b*****d and not on rabbits yes she's done 10 over once she's killed on average of 15 to 20 a week if that's not a test bring your superdog up here Iam shure there is not many others that can do that I've seen every dog and cross there is to see I have a old bedx that could do 40 and 50s and a few hares and go to ground I don't think that's a standerd dog either anyone fell free to come to me in winter il show youse very good hares my bitch Id far from untested atb

Why you pushing your chest out and throwing out challenges nobody has said anything about your dogs being untested.

Vinnie (Jack x Venus) and the wee Diesel bitch ( Flick x Beauty)...both just youngsters,sadly Vinnie although starting away like an house on fire sadly never made it but hey ho thats lurchers for you :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22