MINSHAW .....

Captain..grandsire to Swift/Venus litter

[media=]

[/media]

I'm not a fan of saluki's in general and i find them fenn video's quite boring but i do like a bit in a pooch..i'm not baised and i am not saying this because i have a pup from your camp.. but that was the best hare coarse i have seen to date..that dog held back on every turn as though he could read the hare's mind waiting for a mistake knowing fine well he was going to kill it sooner rather than later.. :yes:

Edited by Millet

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

The bitch I bred with spider to get pups on nbbiddieswas bred by minshaw, he did a lot of his coursing then with saluki/ whip grey bitch called mist, a little red bitch, fast and good killer, he lined that to a dog bred down from ghost. I had a dog pup from this litter which I ran bait too hard one night, and like side in previous posts didn't show any signs until walking back to the motor. When this was pts minshaw sold me bonnie as he had mist back in pup, she was stolen when she was ready to drop. Minshaw actually owned buddy when he was about 3 year old, he didn't keep him long tho

Is that the little red & white bitch Baz that was on dvd with Vic?...and was Bonnie a great big bitch that Geordie Darren once had his hands on and is also on dvd? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

No bonnie was a little fawn coloured bitch,good field dog as was her dam, Darren did get her from me when she was about 6 year old, is the big bitch your on about a blue and tan feathered one?? I swapped that one for the pup out of solo I had, mist the bitch vic had was a little red grizzle coloured bitch, it's on DVD running with a little black bitch I had called lassie, that also had to pts after having too hard a life, they were all tidy field dogs but they just couldn't hack the fens, which at the time was my main running.

Cheers Baz,never kept or even seen a fen dog in action to be honest well not down there anyway,seen that Judy bitch run a couple when John had her on the lamp just to give her a pipe opener lol..one regret I've probably got when it comes to lurchers is not having a go at that game when it was all legal and above board .. ATB Andy

It's some place down there, its a fecking long way from lovely Cumbria tho, lol, before we went we were sure the dogs we had would make short work of the hares with them being fast types, lol.....wasn't to be tho, lol... Soon needed saluki blood and plenty of it lol, them pups out of spider ran down there, they killed a few, but struggled as season got on, they never jacked but ran out of steam plenty of times. Good thing with them was that 20 minutes later they were good to go again, where as once a saluki blooded dog has bottomed out, that's it , it's done .

I've seen quite a few videos Baz with races of over 6 minutes!! That is a serious run is that? Have you seen or had a dog that's done that kind of run down there? ATB Andy

Captain..grandsire to Swift/Venus litter

[media=]

[/media]

I'm not a fan of saluki's in general and i find them fenn video's quite boring but i do like a bit in a pooch..i'm not baised and i am not saying this because i have a pup from your camp.. but that was the best hare coarse i have seen to date..that dog held back on every turn as though he could read the hare's mind waiting for a mistake knowing fine well he was going to kill it sooner rather than later.. :yes:

Spot on

I have not seen a dog work like that for years. It really was a pleasure to watch the dog work the hare fainting left then right, all the time lining the hare up for the cóupe-de-grace. Brilliant!!!!

TC

• Like 1

Yeah, not that many hit the 6 minute Mark tho, you only get a handful of them a season, I wouldn't keep a dog that needed 6 minute to kill most of it's hares either... If I could get my old dog back now I'd be happy as a pig in shit, lol, saying that my present one is keeping me happy so far, but she won't be seeing the fens that much, it's mainly lamping for me again and a it of daytime rabbiting now.

Andy have you any DVD or beta max or even VHS lol of the bupla dog in action ? Atb yeti

I ain't mate but I do have the Chester dog on DVD and also have his sire Jack also on DVD ..I will try and ratch them out and give you's a look at them on here. ATB Andy