MINSHAW .....

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Could mods rename this topic blackwater because he doesnt feel as if he is getting enough attention.

You boys are the ones prolonging the thread by keep replying I think you boys are the ones seeking attention :laugh:

Havnt you got any combines to keep an eye on?

No they have all been shipped to russia with love :wub:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Fook me i have just googled Minshaw image's and my pup and every other image on this site is on there..if you don't want your picture stolen you best put a copywright on them.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=minshaw+lurchers&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1262&bih=837&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vMfUT-fvMYbd8APqlPmcAw

For what it's worth I bred that old dog I had of MINSHAW breeding Jack to another MINSHAW bred Kelsey and from it came the Chester dog,killed day or night anywhere,Fens,Altcar it killed no it wouldn't be the best to run and catch there but it did,on the lamp it was as good as ANY lurcher for edible gear,I seen it knack other critters too again not the best you would see but again it done them. Jack also mated a 1st x Bull/Grey..Joe has pups out of them and Reddawn says they are machines at the job they do? Joe says nowt lol. Jack also mated a coursing type in Tomo's bitch from that came Venus,Swift etc:..both bitches are doing grand,Venus already scored 53 bunnies solo,had other gear too,Swift is a real desperado on the beasties so again they are serving a purpose,Jack covered a full Collie and this was where Don came from,he's making a cracking ferreting dog,already had good tallies on the lamp,seems to like the pearly whites he also mated a bitch closely related to him out of Moscows dog his litter brother this is where we got the Ginny bitch from and Joe has the Maurice dog,our bitch killed EVERYTHING day or night and would run from dusk until Dawn and did most nights lol...I would say Whin overall we have got a canny genepool of dogs with MINSHAW blood in them wouldn't you? We won't have to travel the world over to see other types to see if they would aid our type? We have most angles covered for most purposes of hunting...ATB Andy

• Like 2
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I agree travelling the world to see hunting with dogs is useful and great fun but has little bearing on working and breeding good dogs in the UK.

Some of best working dogs come from old timers who have not moved out of there own county let alone country.

What does hunting hog in USA bring to table of the british working lurcher :hmm: .

I know my dogs would struggle up the dales on them rocky outcrops and I dont really care that they would as I rarely work my dogs in the dales.

ATB Cookie

Edited by cookiemonsterandmerlin
  • Like 1

never come across someone so repetative an anoying in my life, blackwater do you hold some sort of grudge or gelousy towards andy? speaking from someone whos enjoyed this thread for what it is, its a shame there so much shit to sift thru to find the decent posts, i wouldnt say nowt if you had decent posts but your posts at a load of crap mate , fingers crosed this thread will go back to how it was

For what it's worth I bred that old dog I had of MINSHAW breeding Jack to another MINSHAW bred Kelsey and from it came the Chester dog,killed day or night anywhere,Fens,Altcar it killed no it wouldn't be the best to run and catch there but it did,on the lamp it was as good as ANY lurcher for edible gear,I seen it knack other critters too again not the best you would see but again it done them. Jack also mated a 1st x Bull/Grey..Joe has pups out of them and Reddawn says they are machines at the job they do? Joe says nowt lol. Jack also mated a coursing type in Tomo's bitch from that came Venus,Swift etc:..both bitches are doing grand,Venus already scored 53 bunnies solo,had other gear too,Swift is a real desperado on the beasties so again they are serving a purpose,Jack covered a full Collie and this was where Don came from,he's making a cracking ferreting dog,already had good tallies on the lamp,seems to like the pearly whites he also mated a bitch closely related to him out of Moscows dog his litter brother this is where we got the Ginny bitch from and Joe has the Maurice dog,our bitch killed EVERYTHING day or night and would run from dusk until Dawn and did most nights lol...I would say Whin overall we have got a canny genepool of dogs with MINSHAW blood in them wouldn't you? We won't have to travel the world over to see other types to see if they would aid our type? We have most angles covered for most purposes of hunting...ATB Andy

well said pal