MINSHAW .....

if a dog cant last whats the point in having a dog ,minshaw man how long you ran dogs and you done much traveling to see dogs the father to my dogs one the cambrigde cup his lat run was 5 minutes in the final, mother lana well capable of catching 30 to 40 rabbs in her prime but could catch everything else , as i say bring a dog up ille show you the best sport youl ever see, this thread is about collie crosses ,and not my stile of dogs i keep ,ive not had any greyhound in my dogs for years justlurcher to lurcher with stamina pace , got some good dogs ,most collie types can catch a rabb mate saw pure collies catching them on easy land , alot harder to breed a good allrounder than a rabbit dog mate ,

n such thing as an allrounder i you can get dogs that are half decent on everythingbut not exelent on everything i yet to c 1 and whin meby not az old as you but im in my prime uve passed it i any dog can catch 1 or 2 rabbits but can they last thats the question coz you your dog would fade away on a gud nights lamping with myne aaron

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

minshaw past what i get out more in the winter than most , a rabbits a poor test for a good dog ,a good dog should knack a roe a hare pre ban and snap 20 30 rabbs on winter wheat if your dogs do that there very handy and take a fox if there that way inclinde if they do that localy were i run well there worth there cion, mate i have collie crosses and saluk crosses who will ferret lamp rabbs for fun but to me a rabbits not a big test at times , its a bit sport if the rabbit was my only qauury i would hardly lamp them i prefer bolting them to dogs with ferrets thats real sport a man a dog and the oldest hunting companion the trusty ferret ,as is ays when wintes here well have a run out got plenty good running land

minshaw past what i get out more in the winter than most , a rabbits a poor test for a good dog ,a good dog should knack a roe a hare pre ban and snap 20 30 rabbs on winter wheat if your dogs do that there very handy and take a fox if there that way inclinde if they do that localy were i run well there worth there cion, mate i have collie crosses and saluk crosses who will ferret lamp rabbs for fun but to me a rabbits not a big test at times , its a bit sport if the rabbit was my only qauury i would hardly lamp them i prefer bolting them to dogs with ferrets thats real sport a man a dog and the oldest hunting companion the trusty ferret ,as is ays when wintes here well have a run out got plenty good running land

on a brighter note some would call it childs play atb bunnys.

its raly simple fathers blond saluki mothers black and white the pups are blond like father and some like mother ,peas in pod you keep asking same qeustion u no your getting on but its easy to prove tyne served the bitch lana three times before we traveld , not rocket sceince your getting abit dotage mate , the old dog looks like buddy he throws dogs like him

if you dont no the breedng its hard to go forward and produce past champions or good dogs , look at the coursing dogs etc thast the way i would go but with colie types and keep it simple and typey

you stil havent ansered my question abt your salukis lasting with loads of short bursts ther no good for that sort of work are they whin

ye your write but there only so much you can right about collie lurchers or minshaws , there not global or a brand name like some dogs etc , not even a type like the saluki coursing dogs

142 pages and still going .but there is only so much you can write about minshaws LOL.

its raly simple fathers blond saluki mothers black and white the pups are blond like father and some like mother ,peas in pod you keep asking same qeustion u no your getting on but its easy to prove tyne served the bitch lana three times before we traveld , not rocket sceince your getting abit dotage mate , the old dog looks like buddy he throws dogs like him

genuine question..... if you used tyne to mate lana 3 times before ye even set off on ye 100 mile trip to use another stud dog??? am i right so far??? lets say i am, what was you hopeing for?? a spilt litter?? was you actually trying to get 2 litters out the same bitch at same time if that makes sense :icon_eek:

cos it seems to e ye always harping on about how much ye know, an how little we know, so was that ye plan?? a split litter?