handling game

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you can't or won't handle your game then i'de say it's time to learn or time to change your chosen sport young man.

It is easy enough just grab it before you either let it run or dispatch it ....This is a trick I learned from an old lad that had dug and handled many foxes over the years is to stick a finger in its

I would prefer to shoot them in the head,lol.

Posted Images

just curious how you guy handle your game, ive read stuff about lads on here getting them out the hole after breaking through.. not my thing really

If you can't or won't handle your game then i'de say it's time to learn or time to change your chosen sport young man.

That's the exact line I was going to write ..... Fukc me it's like getting in a ring as a boxer but you don't like getting hit .... Take balet sweetness ..............

i give up on this site, just a simple question, i am in no way a seasoned pro, i dont go out with the 'top boys' i go out with local lads, ive never handled a fox properly and ill admit that, my balls are also small for you boys who are into that, i used to be on here alot, not any more not worth all the smart arse comments

just curious how you guy handle your game, ive read stuff about lads on here getting them out the hole after breaking through.. not my thing really

That's the exact line I was going to write ..... Fukc me it's like getting in a ring as a boxer but you don't like getting hit .... Take balet sweetness ..............

i give up on this site, just a simple question, i am in no way a seasoned pro, i dont go out with the 'top boys' i go out with local lads, ive never handled a fox properly and ill admit that, my balls are also small for you boys who are into that, i used to be on here alot, not any more not worth all the smart arse comments

I wouldnt take it to heart fella you have to be a real hard b*****d to be on here :yes:

My take is the prey should be dispatched asap with respect f**k knows why you would want to be shoving your hands in but if you need to whats wrong with using tongs?

I wouldnt take it to heart fella you have to be a real hard b*****d to be on here :yes:

My take is the prey should be dispatched asap with respect f**k knows why you would want to be shoving your hands in but if you need to whats wrong with using tongs?

I'd say if you have to ask then theres no educating you............

When I started working terriers first tongs were widely used.

One thing I always noticed was that it was usually cowardly fools who had them and they can allow for severe cruelty.

Thank god they're a thing of the past.

While I agree that when quarry is to be dispatched then a firearm should be used as quickly as possible.

But not all quarry dug gets dispatched and sometimes it has to be handled before being released.

IMO if you wont or can't handle quarry then you are not up to scratch as a terrier man. Handling game is part of the job / sport.

• Like 4

One thing I always noticed was that it was usually cowardly fools who had them and they can allow for severe cruelty.

While I agree that when quarry is to be dispatched then a firearm should be used as quickly as possible.

But not all quarry dug gets dispatched and sometimes it has to be handled before being released.

IMO if you wont or can't handle quarry then you are not up to scratch as a terrier man. Handling game is part of the job / sport.

ive used tongs and i have handled game and ive never been cruel to any prey ive hunted trouble is not everyone is the same and unfortunately that is why the sport is held up for scrutiny by the anti's who obviously read this forum collecting useful data for their cause the guy asked a reasonble question and all he got was macho shite

I'd say if you have to ask then theres no educating you............

i wasnt asking for your innervate wisdom it was a rhetorical question

Ah rhetorical, wasn't easy to dechiper that with the question mark............anyone who needs to use tongs should sell there gear imo.........My innovative wisdom isn't anything special at all, but i knew before i saw a hole that tongs are for men scared to put there hands in the dark........

Similar thread for you Vduben.

Page 2 on that thread is a photo, & the question is asked what/how do you do, my answer would be rewind...... and dig a hole with a bit more room to manouvere.

I am a novice myself so no pearls of wisdom from me :( apart from put your bullshit filter on a high setting when asking on here, some will take the time to reply without actually saying anything, reason being they want to give the impression they have a clue, but by being vague they are hiding the fact that they actually dont.

Just to add, I/ve use/d all methods I can think off, tail em, tong em, scruff em, shoot em, net em, noose em, draw em. Removing the quarry from the dig with your hands is the ideal for me. Just got to be bold, & remember "fortune favours the brave" ;)

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 2

Ah rhetorical, wasn't easy to dechiper that with the question mark............anyone who needs to use tongs should sell there gear imo.........My innovative wisdom isn't anything special at all, but i knew before i saw a hole that tongs are for men scared to put there hands in the dark........

? = Negative assertion

And what do you know about men who put their hands in dark holes? that their double hard b*****ds ;) think we just have different takes on it and i respect your point of view good luck with keeping your fingers into old age :thumbs:

• Like 2

i obviously know to scruff the fox etc out of a net, thats easy, what i have a problem with is getting it out of a hole!! anyway there is too many pricks on here for a sensible answer all though the lad that have answered positively, thank you!

I'll 2nd that !!

I can see both sides. If you've never seen people do it, it might seem like an impossible task, especially if it's backed under a tree root or such like. I've been out with plenty of lads and I've rarely see them been handled. Most despatch in the hole.