drawing out

i hapend too mention i used my bullx to draw a fox

and then i got slated for it.

Whats the problem with that if thats what i use him for ?

and the answer to if you cant handle the quarry you shouldent be digging it

my answere to that is get a life who puts thare hand down a stopen and feels around in the dark

have been digging for 10 yars and aint got bit cos am not syuped thats what my bullx is bred fore

would like to hear your thauts on this thred

(sorry fore the spelling cant right fore shit)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason why a lot of us irish lads, release our quarry is because we hunt to work our terriers! NOT to kill. Yes some people run them for lurchers but some of us only work terriers so its not abou

I agree that's why the standard of working terriers over here is higher as they are dug to on a regular basis on quarry that is very well educated. It's a better test and it's been proven.

Lads get a grip we are all in the one game so should be all on the 1 side,and who gives a toss what way the fox is taken out,let it be by hand or lurcher or draw dog,everyman to his own.

Posted Images

i hapend too mention i used my bullx to draw a fox

and then i got slated for it.

Whats the problem with that if thats what i use him for ?

and the answer to if you cant handle the quarry you shouldent be digging it

my answere to that is get a life who puts thare hand down a stopen and feels around in the dark

have been digging for 10 yars and aint got bit cos am not syuped thats what my bullx is bred fore

would like to hear your thauts on this thred

(sorry fore the spelling cant right fore shit)

Maybe get a torch? LOL

The only person it is possible to please is yourself.

Some lads I dig with wouldnt even touch dead quarry with a gloved hand!

I must admit though to be a complete terrierman in my mind you need to be able to handle the quarry.

• Like 5

IF YOUR TERRIER IS WORTH HIS SALT, IT SHOULD BE UP AND PERSONEL WITH ITS QUARRY GIVING YOU TIME TO OPEN UP PROPERLY, TO BE DRAWN AND SHOT OR TO BE HANDLED AND RELEASED, SOME LADS LIKE TO USE A DRAW DOG EACH TO THERE OWN, BUY THE WAY THE LAW SAYS A FIREARM SHOULD BE USED TO DISPATCH. IVE NEVER USED A DRAW DOG NOR HAVE THE GUYS IVE DUG WITH, I CANT SEE THE NEED FOR ONE TO BE PRESENT AT A DIG. JMO.

• Like 4

IF YOUR TERRIER IS WORTH HIS SALT, IT SHOULD BE UP AND PERSONEL WITH ITS QUARRY GIVING YOU TIME TO OPEN UP PROPERLY, TO BE DRAWN AND SHOT OR TO BE HANDLED AND RELEASED, SOME LADS LIKE TO USE A DRAW DOG EACH TO THERE OWN, BUY THE WAY THE LAW SAYS A FIREARM SHOULD BE USED TO DISPATCH. IVE NEVER USED A DRAW DOG NOR HAVE THE GUYS IVE DUG WITH, I CANT SEE THE NEED FOR ONE TO BE PRESENT AT A DIG. JMO.

I agree with u on the terrier with his salt bit Alli as im not too keen on a lurcher drawing. I'd rather get hands on with a fox and give the dog a run after it. Jmo. As I know alot of lads that hunt foxs for keepers etc need them dispatched can't take the risk off the fox getting away with a lurcher after it, which is legal we're I'm from. Sometimes Lads dig behind the terrier a right bit on purpose so a draw dog can be used. That way draw dogs were tested for years and that's how the bull/wheaten xs in lurchers were used as they were proven for there gameness. Atb

Edited by MUDD
  • Like 2

This is only my opinion, but a lurcher at a dig should be there for when/if the fox bolts.

I don't see the need to use another dog to draw out a fox. Come on its not that hard to shoot it where it is or scruff it, a decent terrier would probably be entertaining the jaggy end if your a wee bit scared yourself.

Pernod

no boys i aint scared of foxes have handeld hundreds

my bullx will catch on the bolt

but some times it is just easery to let him get the fox out when thae are pushed up tight

have hadit where once you have shot the begger it is tight to pull out

my dog will stay withem no matter what undre groud but some times like i said it is easer to let the bullx do the job

(Some lads I dig with wouldnt even touch dead quarry with a gloved hand!)

then if thay cant toucheit ded or alive then thay shouldent be digging

why do you irish digg it out just to reales

its a job to me and i doant under stand letting it go once the terrier has done its job why lett it go

its beond me like

no affence to the irish lads like

but some times it is just easery to let him get the fox out when thae are pushed up tight

my dog will stay withem no matter what undre groud but some times like i said it is easer to let the bullx do the job

its a job to me and i doant under stand letting it go once the terrier has done its job why lett it go

its beond me like

We just found out since we came on this site that we are supposed to kill them when we open up.Now we know why there are still so many foxes in Ireland.Thank God for the THL.
  • Like 3

its beond me like

SHOULD BE AN INTRESTING REPLY FROM THE IRISH LADS......... :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :whistling:

i dont have a problem with folk if they want to end hole there bullxs seen many a bullx have balls on top but when he has to shove his head up a little hole its a different kettle of fish and the end of the day once you break through to your terrier he should be out hes done his job without giving him unessary punishment my self i dont like loads of dogs around the hole but each to there own atb ks

• Like 2

I wouldn't say release !!!! More like lifted from the dig carried to a good sized field and been giving a sporting chance then let a lurcher go. Most times they are caught and dispatched. Sometimes the do get away. Lurchers are bred for running and stamina and killing power. I've been out and seen lads throw foxs down at a lurchers feet, everyone's diffferent but if your into lurchers in a big way to know what you have in your yard, that's the real deal. As I said earlier it doesn't or wouldnt suit anyone doing it for a job. Which is fair enough.

• Like 1