Ancient sighthounds

the whole thinking behind man getting wolf cubs and rearing them is flawed, there is plenty of research down on bringing up hand reared cubs and it doesn't hold any water,

It was the hunt , that turned the wolf into the dog, we can still see it in all our dogs today, there is no stronger pull in a dog,

wolf and man were able to work together to fulfill a common goal , its the hunt now which makes a dog social and it was the hunt then which made the wolf social,

I find that theory easy to accept. :yes: The type of cooperation you speak of is not just limited to dogs/wolves. There have been several well documented cases of dolphins (especially killer whales) assisting humans in the hunting of fish and whales throughout history, and it even continues to this very day. Humans have been hunting on land far, far longer than they have been in the open ocean. Who knows, if somehow humans and killers whales had hunted together on the oceans for the same sort of time scale as humans and the ancestors of the modern dog, maybe, just maybe those animals who chose to work with humans and passed the 'culture' on over thousands of generations and years might have split off just like dogs and wolves did.. Food for thought!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I 100% agree because I know few baboons with dogs ATB

Let me try and shed some light on this. It was the Arcadians who first began breeding dogs for hunting and began churning out various types of what we now refer to as dogs (10million yrs B.C.) The l

Tapestry of birth of Christ that hangs in the Vatican. Bottom left is a dog of certain sighthound blood,so just how long have such dogs been around??

Interesting thread, how were wolfs first domesticated? Look at the Belyaev Experiment with Arctic Foxes.

Wild foxes that would savage you if you put your hand in the cage..... to docile domestic pets in a few short years by selective breeding :yes: The colours even started to change from the standard summer/winter coats.

All domestic breeds of dogs , even the saluki, are genetically proven to directly descend from the wolf......................saluki and sloughi.?........ regional variations on a theme :thumbs:

For me evolution is the only game in town, having said that there are ancient stones in Peru with carvings so intricate and the stone so hard, a modern mason with the latest laser cutting equipment couldn't even begin to attempt :hmm:

think there is some reaserch , into the forerunners of salukis and the most likely candidate was the abysinian wolf ;

Yes Ray, the saluki WOULD have to have its own special wolf :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well ovcource it did cant make a silk purce from a sows ear .. ;)

Selective Breeding is not Evolution. So, docile Wolves spontaineously lose their physical 'type' and diversify into the thousands of dog breeds that we recognize today, with never a throwback to the original Wolf- type in a litter? Give me a break! Something else was going on guys! If that type of mutation was normal then Wolf packs wouldn't be so uniform, they would be a motley crew! Why are we so arrogant as to think that the genetic engineering that we can do today wasn't available to OUR ancestors. Forget BHs aliens, we don't need them!

there are mutations born in all life forms, in the wild they dont survive, especially in carnivores, under the relative safety of man protection, dogs have mutated into all forms, its that simple bud

Check out Charles P Hapgoods 'Path of the Poles', a cracking read describing evidence of Global Cataclysm in recent times.... it's what made the Mammoth extinct! Wooley Rhinocerous, sabre toothed Tiger etc, etc, as well! Another of his books 'Maps of the Great Sea Kings' shows evidence of ancient maps drawn BEFORE Antarctica was frozen, which are satellite imagery! Open your mind and look at the evidence before you scoff! all in sport Painless

Selective Breeding is not Evolution. So, docile Wolves spontaineously lose their physical 'type' and diversify into the thousands of dog breeds that we recognize today, with never a throwback to the original Wolf- type in a litter? Give me a break! Something else was going on guys! If that type of mutation was normal then Wolf packs wouldn't be so uniform, they would be a motley crew! Why are we so arrogant as to think that the genetic engineering that we can do today wasn't available to OUR ancestors. Forget BHs aliens, we don't need them!

wolf packs are uniform because the strongest best suited to survive their particular environment earn the right to breed and feed leaving the lower ranked members to get what they can where they can, in time these lower ranks breed with each other strengthening the docility with each generation. if the lower ranks are smaller or weaker this would also be magnified through this breeding so not spontaineously losing type but more diversifying to suit particular circumstances or surroundings. and no throw backs? check out the wolf like stance and prick ears thrown up by some strains of border collie every now and then

Check out Charles P Hapgoods 'Path of the Poles', a cracking read describing evidence of Global Cataclysm in recent times.... it's what made the Mammoth extinct! Wooley Rhinocerous, sabre toothed Tiger etc, etc, as well! Another of his books 'Maps of the Great Sea Kings' shows evidence of ancient maps drawn BEFORE Antarctica was frozen, which are satellite imagery! Open your mind and look at the evidence before you scoff! all in sport Painless

So where did modern man appear from?

• Like 1

Nobody is saying that catastrophes have'nt occured and species have'nt been extinct, neither does it disprove evolution so ffs stop goin on about it! Answer the f*****g question; where is the evidence of these advanced races and where the f**k did all the life on Earth come from if not evolution?

As for these maps, they are a hoax! It's the simplest explanation! Backed up by the fact that there is again FECK ALL evidence to suggest otherwise.

Jesus christ!

Edited to add: I've just read that this Charles P Hapgoods fella believed he had lectures through a medium with Jesus, Einstein and Vishnu among others! FFS he can't be taken seriously!

I'm coming to realise this is a pointless argument. I bite far far far to easily.

Edited by Born Hunter

Einstein said "If the facts don't fit your theory, change the facts!" So you discard the evidence as a hoax coz it doesn't fit your theory...... Sound! I repeat THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT DARWINS THEORY! And they've had 150 years of digging in the ground to find it! There would be thousands of missing links if he was right! You need to look at OOPARTS ( Out Of Place Artifacts) if you need evidence that we are only now regaining our Technologies! 100 years ago Steam was state of the Art. Name calling won't win an argument BH. F-ck knows where we came from but maybe we can answer some of the simpler questions. The fact that you are so defensive of you paradigm is interesting..... why do you think that is?

Einstein said "If the facts don't fit your theory, change the facts!" So you discard the evidence as a hoax coz it doesn't fit your theory...... Sound! What evidence? I keep asking for evidence but you keep giving me crap like abydonian helicopters and ancient satalite pictures. I repeat THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT DARWINS THEORY! No evidence! how about the fact that animals can be selctively bred to completely change their appearance, if we can do it why cant natural selction in nature? And they've had 150 years of digging in the ground to find it! They have found plenty of steps in the ladder just not every rung. There would be thousands of missing links if he was right! You need to look at OOPARTS ( Out Of Place Artifacts) if you need evidence that we are only now regaining our Technologies! trouble is though, again there is no evidence to prove any of this, none at all. Theres not even a good reason to believe it. 100 years ago Steam was state of the Art. Name calling won't win an argument BH. Sorry for calling you a plum. F-ck knows where we came from but maybe we can answer some of the simpler questions. The fact that you are so defensive of you paradigm is interesting..... why do you think that is? Perhaps because people like yourself drag progression backwards, the church did the same for over 1000 years.

Is this hunting life or above top secret deepest rabbit hole ive seen here im also not for evolution taming an animal is nott making it evolve done a fair bit of digging on the tinternet and im all in favour of the genetically modified hypothesesis wether off world or interdimentional i wouldnt know but theres no missing lnks and we have a good bit of dna thats not found on earth if you look at the earliest writings we were a created race and so were the domesticated animals that we live with :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 1

Einstein said "If the facts don't fit your theory, change the facts!" So you discard the evidence as a hoax coz it doesn't fit your theory...... Sound! I repeat THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT DARWINS THEORY! And they've had 150 years of digging in the ground to find it! There would be thousands of missing links if he was right! You need to look at OOPARTS ( Out Of Place Artifacts) if you need evidence that we are only now regaining our Technologies! 100 years ago Steam was state of the Art. Name calling won't win an argument BH. F-ck knows where we came from but maybe we can answer some of the simpler questions. The fact that you are so defensive of you paradigm is interesting..... why do you think that is?

There is evidence of evolution in our own country, before the industrial revolution the peppered moth was usually light coloured, dark specimens were very rare and were collectors items.

During the industrial revolution Soot, smoke and other industrial wastes darkened trees and killed off lichens. The light coloured moths became very rare whereas the dark coloured moths became abundant, this is evidence of rapid evolution!