Ancient sighthounds

Formidable Skycat! Have you ever asked yourself why anyone would want to live in a cave? Cold, damp, dark holes that they are! Light a fire and smoke yourself out! Yet everyone accepts we had 'Caveman' ancestors. Also, cave art is hardly George Stubbs or Charles Tunnicliffe is it? I wouldn't like to try and draw too many conclusions from it. However, I like your logic. I don't think my bitches would stand still to have their vulva stapled, by the way! But I digress! Have you ever considered that the Classification of Canines might be incomplete! At the moment it stops at 'Species'. If you look a little closer to home eg Man, you can see that we are a species sub-divided into obvious RACES ie Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongaloid. Other animals have similar relationships eg you can cross a domestic cat with a Bengal cat , or a Scottish Wildcat and still get fertile off-spring. Is it possible that the Dolichocephalic type of dog was a seperate Race of canine, possibly originating in the Middle East? As I mentioned, the Egyptians hunted with both Greyhounds and Cheetahs. Do you suggest that the Cheetah evolved from another type of cat by selective breeding? Or might it be an 'Original' type?

i dont think the caveman gave a flying f.. were the dogs came from origionally or the egyptians as long as they filled the pot he was happy ......wonder if they had bull x,s or beddy whippets ,, then ?or did they just drop out of the sky?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I'm just amazed that no one seems to question the official line. Mad I might be but if the rest of the population are 'sane' that's ok with me! Google is a 'for profit' corporation. When you google something, the first sites offered to you are sponsored ie someone is PAYING so that you read them first! FACT! Ask yourself, who would be paying so that if you google 'Helicopter at Abydos' you get a page full of conspiracy DEBUNKING sites? TPTB don't want you looking at this stuff and unfortunately most of the population don't look any further than a site or 2 full of ridicule! Antis aren't the only brain-washed ones! Try looking at page 4 or 5 of stuff you google if you want to get past the Government Disinformation stuff. I dare you..... stop being so smug and try it!

i think if youve so many issues with the world you would be better off finding a cave on somewhere remote ;)

Fair comment! I admit I do question a lot of things, with good reason! I won't head for a remote cave quite yet tho! When you look at the Sight Hound breeds that haven't been ruined by KC registration, they are relatively free of genetic faults.....bit like a Wolf! Look at the majority of breeds recently created by modern man.. .... full of genetic flaws! We appear to be pretty crap at creating dog breeds in the last 200 years. Also, if we have been using mutant wolf genes to create dog breeds, what caused the mutations? Background Radiation? Where the Hell does that come from?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I 100% agree because I know few baboons with dogs ATB

Let me try and shed some light on this. It was the Arcadians who first began breeding dogs for hunting and began churning out various types of what we now refer to as dogs (10million yrs B.C.) The l

Tapestry of birth of Christ that hangs in the Vatican. Bottom left is a dog of certain sighthound blood,so just how long have such dogs been around??

Formidable Skycat! Have you ever asked yourself why anyone would want to live in a cave? Cold, damp, dark holes that they are! Light a fire and smoke yourself out! Yet everyone accepts we had 'Caveman' ancestors. Also, cave art is hardly George Stubbs or Charles Tunnicliffe is it? I wouldn't like to try and draw too many conclusions from it. However, I like your logic. I don't think my bitches would stand still to have their vulva stapled, by the way! But I digress! Have you ever considered that the Classification of Canines might be incomplete! At the moment it stops at 'Species'. If you look a little closer to home eg Man, you can see that we are a species sub-divided into obvious RACES ie Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongaloid. Other animals have similar relationships eg you can cross a domestic cat with a Bengal cat , or a Scottish Wildcat and still get fertile off-spring. Is it possible that the Dolichocephalic type of dog was a seperate Race of canine, possibly originating in the Middle East? As I mentioned, the Egyptians hunted with both Greyhounds and Cheetahs. Do you suggest that the Cheetah evolved from another type of cat by selective breeding? Or might it be an 'Original' type?

i dont think the caveman gave a flying f.. were the dogs came from origionally or the egyptians as long as they filled the pot he was happy ......wonder if they had bull x,s or beddy whippets ,, then ?or did they just drop out of the sky?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I'm just amazed that no one seems to question the official line. Mad I might be but if the rest of the population are 'sane' that's ok with me! Google is a 'for profit' corporation. When you google something, the first sites offered to you are sponsored ie someone is PAYING so that you read them first! FACT! Ask yourself, who would be paying so that if you google 'Helicopter at Abydos' you get a page full of conspiracy DEBUNKING sites? TPTB don't want you looking at this stuff and unfortunately most of the population don't look any further than a site or 2 full of ridicule! Antis aren't the only brain-washed ones! Try looking at page 4 or 5 of stuff you google if you want to get past the Government Disinformation stuff. I dare you..... stop being so smug and try it!

Whos paying for this? And why would the powers that be want people to think its a conspiracy? To save money on re-writing a few textbooks? Its you that's seeing conspiracy everywhere. I dont see what covering up ancient history would gain... atb

• Like 1

Whos paying for this? And why would the powers that be want people to think its a conspiracy? To save money on re-writing a few textbooks? Its you that's seeing conspiracy everywhere. I dont see what covering up ancient history would gain... atb

Good question! Someone is paying for sure, look for yourself! Most people wouldn't even bother looking, coz the media have done such a good job of making the idea ridiculous. It's a fact that gold plated artifacts were discovered in the pyramids...... you need ELECTRICITY to gold plate things! Up until 100 years ago we had gas or oil lighting in Britain! Where did that knowledge go for 4000 years? By the way, no human remains have every been found in a pyramid but we are told they were built as tombs! :hmm:

They took longer than a life time to build, or so we're told. Arabic writings say that a King Saurid comissioned the Great Pyramid at Giza as a refuge to withstand the flood. A place to safeguard the best of their civilisation. Almost solid reinforced concrete construction with a sump and internal pump, most likely. "Design is dictated by function". I reckon the sloping sides were designed to with stand a wall of water. The original entrance is 59 feet above ground level, not easy to access but handy if the surrounding land was under water and you've got a boat...... or a Helicopter ( thanks BH!) :thumbs:

I stand corrected by Skycat..... the artifacts were found in tombs in the Valley of the Kings, not on the plateau.

Edited by 2Painless2btrue

Tapestry of birth of Christ that hangs in the Vatican. Bottom left is a dog of certain sighthound blood,so just how long have such dogs been around?? :thumbs: 2009_0618ROMESAMSUNGWB50011.jpg

if you are to believe the crist thing that was only 2000 odd years since slender saluki type hunting dogs have been around for 6 ..7000 years .

this was writen by a good friend ,,

The Tazi

About 10,000 years ago in Persia there was a tribe called Taziha. It is known that they where fast, light, and athletic. There is one word to describe these three attributes - "Tazi." (In some Kurdish dialects it is pronounced Tanji.)

In Persia there was a dog that fitted these three words. Even though the Taziha and the dog had nothing to do with each other, the dog was called Tazi because of its body structure, shape, and energy. Throughout most of the world today the Tazi is known as Saluki.

It is not clear where the name came from, nor is the meaning of Saluki clear. But we know Saluki is an Arab word. Perhaps the name was first used when Europeans brought oriental Sighthounds to Europe in the late 19th and beginning of the twentieth century.

But they did not bring only Tazis to Europe. They brought also the Azawakh and the Sloughi. These dogs where all shown together in the conformation ring because they where all oriental Sighthounds and were not recognized as single breeds.

Because they where shown in the same ring, and because they were oriental dogs, it is possible that breeders began to mix these different breeds. Maybe that's why they came up with the name Saluki.

But there are strong differences between these breeds. The Azawakh and Sloughi come from North African countries; the Tazi comes from Persia. And if you consider the different climates of the countries, it is clear that they are single breeds.

In the middle of the 20th century the three breeds got separated and accepted as single breeds. It is possible that an Arab who owned a Tazi had bought the dog from nomads (for Cher: travelling tribes) who travelled throughout the orient. It is also possible that the nomads had stolen the dog to hunt for food and were selling them to get good money

It's easier to dismiss conspiracies and believe what you are told.

An example of this is what is written in the media. Look at the lies that are told about hunting, but we all know the truth, yet you swallow everything else that you are told.

Easy to sit back and be ignorant rather than question what you are told.

• Like 2

My point was just how long have sighthounds been around, not the Christ thing. However if we are not to believe the Christ thing then how accurate can any assumption or a conclusion be on the origin of such dogs? Certanly there is no written definitive word on the subject & thus we are left in the hands of archeological findings on the subject. This tapestry is just another piece in a huge jigsaw meant purely as a photograph on a point of interest :thumbs:

• Like 1

surely early man did preety much what we do today selective breeding for certain traits to suit his needs ;

that would be nice if it was true but sadly these days too many factors come into play bits of paper influence what gets bred and how often a lot of the time. primitive man didnt have money on his mind he had survival and the dogs required had to fit in with that and not much else

surely early man did preety much what we do today selective breeding for certain traits to suit his needs ;

that would be nice if it was true but sadly these days too many factors come into play bits of paper influence what gets bred and how often a lot of the time. primitive man didnt have money on his mind he had survival and the dogs required had to fit in with that and not much else

thats correct ,he would only be interested in the dog being fit for function ;; filling the pot maybe guarding