5/8 grey 3/8 collie

My lad is also out of Tweedle Dum, I would say if anything this dog has to much pace for his own good at the moment until he learns to use his gears. He tends to over shoot but is getting better as his first season has gone on. Just over 27tts. Fantastic nose on him and finds plenty of stuff that is hiding up. Can ba little headstrong so I have to keep on top of him at times, but again I hope this will improve as the seasons go by. Very easy to train. I get asked by My local shoot to bring him along beating as he works like a trojan all day, and has kept many a gun busy.

justin005.jpg

photo-1.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as will a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound father x a greyhound dam, thats the way mine was bred. she's 4 now and doing fine  

beardy x she is 2 doing well

just another pic [bANNED TEXT] out today

Posted Images

My lad is also out of Tweedle Dum, I would say if anything this dog has to much pace for his own good at the moment until he learns to use his gears. He tends to over shoot but is getting better as his first season has gone on. Just over 27tts. Fantastic nose on him and finds plenty of stuff that is hiding up. Can ba little headstrong so I have to keep on top of him at times, but again I hope this will improve as the seasons go by. Very easy to train. I get asked by My local shoot to bring him along beating as he works like a trojan all day, and has kept many a gun busy.

justin005.jpg

photo-1.jpg

That's a great looking dog that mate credit to you looks a strong dog

Atb with it

JD :thumbs:

I've got a 5/8 3/8(beardie/border mix) bitch here from a lurcher to lurcher breeding, good balanced x, good feet, good wind and good speed and robust. Has with all the various x's of collie/grey they can make great all round rabbiting dogs, they have the patience and overall mindset for long days ferreting coupled with the control for mooching and have great wind and durability for those long hard nights lamping, on testing ground they can really show their worth.

The only thing with collie x's of all percentages is they're not for everyone. :thumbs:

cheers mate I've looked at a few different % in the cross and I'm not sure what I prefer I want something that has plenty wind , good mooching ferreting dog . But I want a racy type rather than a heavy set dog so I don't quite know what's best

Thanks JD

Atb :thumbs:

That's what my old boy is, good pot filler but he wouldn't do foxes, that's the luck of the draw though

The next step up speed wise would be a 3/4 cross

yep Ive been looking , they seem handy aswell

Guest born to run1083

I've got a 5/8 3/8(beardie/border mix) bitch here from a lurcher to lurcher breeding, good balanced x, good feet, good wind and good speed and robust. Has with all the various x's of collie/grey they can make great all round rabbiting dogs, they have the patience and overall mindset for long days ferreting coupled with the control for mooching and have great wind and durability for those long hard nights lamping, on testing ground they can really show their worth.

The only thing with collie x's of all percentages is they're not for everyone. :thumbs:

cheers mate I've looked at a few different % in the cross and I'm not sure what I prefer I want something that has plenty wind , good mooching ferreting dog . But I want a racy type rather than a heavy set dog so I don't quite know what's best

Thanks JD

Atb :thumbs:

My bitch isn't racy but she's not cloddy either but with all litters you'll get variation.My bitch is 23 tts and runs around 50lb, one of her litter sisters turned out 25 and real racy like the sire.

My bitch....

S7300557.jpg

Gems a cracking bitch, lethal in the day with her turn of pace and nose. If there's anything out she'l find it. I like her work ethic most of all. Owe her alot for showing the ropes to my bitch with day work. She's hell of a role model and worth her weight in gold.

A good example of what a collie x can be

• Like 1

right lads might be stepping on dangerous ground here but i see alot of you are working hancock dogs. im not one to believe everything i here but obviously theres very mixed opinions on them. in your opinion as owners, how do they fair against other working bred dogs youve owned? dont want to start a war by asking this, just want some honest opinions :icon_redface::angel:

right lads might be stepping on dangerous ground here but i see alot of you are working hancock dogs. im not one to believe everything i here but obviously theres very mixed opinions on them. in your opinion as owners, how do they fair against other working bred dogs youve owned? dont want to start a war by asking this, just want some honest opinions :icon_redface::angel:

The thing with Hancock dogs is the fact they're from non-workers and in an ideal world you'd like your working lurcher to come from workers, if you're looking for a collie x and can't source it from workers then theres a good chance Hancock will be able to sort you. You get the exact % percentage you want and apart from the odd horror story you'll get a well put together dog then the rest is up to you. :thumbs:

The thing with Hancock dogs is the fact they're from non-workers and in an ideal world you'd like your working lurcher to come from workers, if you're looking for a collie x and can't source it from workers then theres a good chance Hancock will be able to sort you. You get the exact % percentage you want and apart from the odd horror story you'll get a well put together dog then the rest is up to you. :thumbs:

how much does hancock charge for a pup

£200 now I think, not had a dog off him since 99 so not sure JD.

• Like 1

great pics, do like the rough collie x. wouldnt touch hancock myself even if couldnt find a pup, couldnt fund a peddlar, its against all that working dogs are about. nothing against his dogs heard some good stuff about them

A couple of guys i know have just had pups of him charged them £230

i have had 2 off him 1 in 1987 and 1 in 1989. as with any dog ive owned i put in the work in training and entering the dogs. 1 had great potential but died at 2 the other had for 17 years made a good honest dog.the other dogs i had were mainly used on hares so i had saluki lurcher x collie lurcher.the first 1 cost £80.00 the 2nd 1 £92.00.i have also been told he charges £230.00 these days.

I heard through the grapevine that they've started working a young beardie called Wilson, be interesting to see what any future pups turn out like.

wilson.jpg

This can only be a good thing for prospective buyers that ain't got the luxury of buying from proven collie x's, which invariably are booked before they hit the ground.

Cheers lads I wouldn't mind one in the future but he's really far away and I don't think I could afford to buy a pup and pay for fuel aswell so I will just have to look out for smoeone breeding from workers in the future

Atb JD :thumbs:

£200 now I think, not had a dog off him since 99 so not sure JD.

I paid £150 back in 98 for mine, still going strong aswell. Good pot filler, take everything apart from mr fox, that's pure luck I suppose though