5/8 grey 3/8 collie

glad to hear that bird dog hes been really pushing my buttons the last few weeks big time lol.He s out of a bitch called Starlight I have seen a pic of Bagers sister and she looks a cracker.Hopefully this un will make the grade I got high hopes hes keen enough. I really like the look of Jazz how tall is she Bird??

Stoaty

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as will a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound father x a greyhound dam, thats the way mine was bred. she's 4 now and doing fine  

beardy x she is 2 doing well

just another pic [bANNED TEXT] out today

Posted Images

Has anyone had this cross it sounds interesting , I haven't heard much about this cross so was looking for some info and pics

If you lads have any pics please pop them up

Thanks atb JD

Yes ive gota bitch now 2 1/2 years old cracking little 22 inch bitch. Takes hares all day hae had charlie and roe with her aswell also a great jumper

All superb 'the thinking mans cross'!! My friend bought a merle Hanckock 5/8ths(3/4 beardie border x greyhound) last year and the bitch is coming along a treat.

Good thread J.DOG :thumbs:

cheers mate I diddnt know so many lads liked this cross . It looks like this cross is a great one I may have to try get my hands on one later on

Thanks for the info and pics lads

Atb JD :thumbs:

I've got a 5/8 3/8(beardie/border mix) bitch here from a lurcher to lurcher breeding, good balanced x, good feet, good wind and good speed and robust. Has with all the various x's of collie/grey they can make great all round rabbiting dogs, they have the patience and overall mindset for long days ferreting coupled with the control for mooching and have great wind and durability for those long hard nights lamping, on testing ground they can really show their worth.

The only thing with collie x's of all percentages is they're not for everyone. :thumbs:

I've got a 5/8 3/8(beardie/border mix) bitch here from a lurcher to lurcher breeding, good balanced x, good feet, good wind and good speed and robust. Has with all the various x's of collie/grey they can make great all round rabbiting dogs, they have the patience and overall mindset for long days ferreting coupled with the control for mooching and have great wind and durability for those long hard nights lamping, on testing ground they can really show their worth.

The only thing with collie x's of all percentages is they're not for everyone. :thumbs:

cheers mate I've looked at a few different % in the cross and I'm not sure what I prefer I want something that has plenty wind , good mooching ferreting dog . But I want a racy type rather than a heavy set dog so I don't quite know what's best

Thanks JD

Atb :thumbs:

Edited by J.DOG

cheers mate I've looked at a few different % in the cross and I'm not sure what I prefer I want something that has plenty wind , good mooching ferreting dog . But I want a racy type rather than a heavy set dog so I don't quite know what's best

Thanks JD

My bitch isn't racy but she's not cloddy either but with all litters you'll get variation.My bitch is 23 tts and runs around 50lb, one of her litter sisters turned out 25 and real racy like the sire.

My bitch....

S7300557.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks JD

The next step up speed wise would be a 3/4 cross

Thanks JD

My bitch isn't racy but she's not cloddy either but with all litters you'll get variation.My bitch is 23 tts and runs around 50lb, one of her litter sisters turned out 25 and real racy like the sire.

My bitch....

S7300557.jpg

yep I've seen so many different sizes from one litter lol

Your dog Is a good size I wouldn't mind something like that tbh I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open . I'm hoping to get one later on in the year.

Thanks mate

Atb JD

Thanks JD

The next step up speed wise would be a 3/4 cross

yep Ive been looking , they seem handy aswell