rugby vs soccer

whereas the little rich university kids run off and play rugby........

That maybe the case in England gnash but down here we all play rugby even the lads/lasses who ain't got a pot to piss in. Thats one thing with rugby in Wales its never been a class thing but perhaps thats because we are either lower class or a lower, lower class. :D

:thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those players blatently diveing with out being touched should be red carded,, not yellow carded,,, and banned for a few matches,,, and if its not clear to the ref at the time,, then haveing a close l

does my fecking nut in,, footballers fall over at the drop of a hat..

That maybe the case in England gnash but down here we all play rugby even the lads/lasses who ain't got a pot to piss in. Thats one thing with rugby in Wales its never been a class thing but perhaps thats because we are either lower class or a lower, lower class. :D

I see....ok i didnt know that....pretty sure in England though its the wealthy university boys and private schools that play rugby.....i mean,have you clocked some of their accents......they wouldnt of let me in :D

i love watching rugby league ,i was never really a fan when i was younger but the price you have to pay to watch football is outrageous,when i was a kid me and my mates would would go watch football on saturdays at elland road and it was fairly cheep ,then when i left school and started work i could pay a tenner for me and my younger brother to go watch football that was all in bag of chips ,program,watch match this was in the mid 80s early 90s.now i dont know any young kids who go watch football on there own ,most of them that do go have well of parents ,rugby league is far cheaper and far more family friendly ,players have to show the ref the upmost respect and any form of dissent isnt acceptable or tolerated ,rugby players make far better role models ,no matter what happens on the pitch they shake hands afterwards ,nobodys over paid or holds there club to ransom ,look whats been splashed all over the papers for months ,over paid football players having bitch fits ,i think its time football got a grip ..........jim

In my opinion the two sports can't be compared. There is a huge technical difference so how can you compare how players react on the pitch? In football nowadays any clattering (or even contact at all in some cases) will be met with a 'ooooh' from the crowd, in rugby, that's the whole aim of the game!

And let's be fair, the rugby lads all love to dive in as a team and give one person a good kicking don't they? Just because you've got a head the size of a Nissan Micra still doesn't mean you're playing a 'real mans game', you're just a fat f****r.

In my opinion the two sports can't be compared. There is a huge technical difference so how can you compare how players react on the pitch? In football nowadays any clattering (or even contact at all in some cases) will be met with a 'ooooh' from the crowd, in rugby, that's the whole aim of the game!

And let's be fair, the rugby lads all love to dive in as a team and give one person a good kicking don't they? Just because you've got a head the size of a Nissan Micra still doesn't mean you're playing a 'real mans game', you're just a fat f****r.

Just because the crowd goes ''oooohhh'' gives a player his cue to start rolling around and screaming????

Just because the crowd goes ''oooohhh'' gives a player his cue to start rolling around and screaming????

No, what i meant was it's becoming a non contact sport. So comparing football to a bunch of rugby players kicking seven bells out of eachother is a moot point. Rugby has it's fair share of absolute plebs too.

No, what i meant was it's becoming a non contact sport. So comparing football to a bunch of rugby players kicking seven bells out of eachother is a moot point. Rugby has it's fair share of absolute plebs too.

No I see what you're saying, but as you said its expected in rugby, if you can't take it then don't play!

There's a technical difference yes, but why a player of any sport would blatantly cheat, dive, scream and generally make themselves look like a prat is beyond me...

Players get knocked, barged all the time in rugby and the lads just get on with it, God forbid you should look at someone the wrong way in football or scuff their armani earring...

But yes, I think there are twats in any sport nowadays, maybe because footballs so popular do we see more of the wasters.

Guest born to run1083

those players blatently diveing with out being touched should be red carded,, not yellow carded,,, and banned for a few matches,,, and if its not clear to the ref at the time,, then haveing a close look after the game and banning for a few matches...... in fact its the hole disaplin in football,, they shouldnt be allowed to talk to the ref in the way they do,,, it should be refed more like rugby..

whats that saying,,, a gentlemens game played by thugs,,, and a thugs game played by gentlemen....

Couldn't agree more

Guest born to run1083

Feck me he would have a heart attack if he came here wouldn't he jonnyboy lol in our local team I don't think one has been to uni. Most round here have been playing rugby since they could walk.

Feck me he would have a heart attack if he came here wouldn't he jonnyboy lol in our local team I don't think one has been to uni. Most round here have been playing rugby since they could walk.

same here i live in a rugby league town and there are some very talented kids out there start playing for teams 7 years old onwards its in their blood :thumbs:

Football=90 minutes men pretending to be hurt, Rugby=80 minutes men pretending NOT to be hurt.

Having said that there are some twats in Rugby. One of my lads plays U13 and heard opposing coaches telling there teams to deliberately

set out to injure players. Shouldn't get that in any sport.

A very informative video that clearly indicating the skill of footballers and there fear of being injured against the thuggery of rugby. I'm sure they all made up in the showers........... :whistling: