rugby vs soccer

Talk about rough and tuff, when I used to play Saturday's in those east London leagues it could get a bit lively to say the least, some of the younger lads would get really intimidated......I have been threatened with stabbing, shooting you name it.....had teams of spades pissing in the kit bag and sparking a near f*****g riot, played in some right shitholes.

Then had to do it all again on Sunday!! Lol........rugby is a lot better mannered than that I will grant you, to be honest the dirtiest rugby team I watched was the Met Police, it would kick right off every time with those as they were spoiling for a ruck from the get go.

You must of played over Wanstead Flats Wilf.....think it used to be called the Echo league.......clubs like Senrab,Puma,Leyton all good clubs......used to go and watch a few pals over there used to be a great atmosphere must of been at least 50 pitches.........id get lumbered with carrying out the goalposts !!

It was the echo league mate, I remember shenrab, I am sure I do........must have played against all those teams.

Got to the semi final of the Essex cup with a team of oldies we put together, winning 3-1 with 10 minutes to go and the right midfield lad had a girls fit and went on the missing.....3-3 at full time and lost on pens GUTTER.......I remember my feet were bleeding when I took my boots off at the end just sat in the circle absolutely burnt out.

My area that I live in has one of the biggest Sunday leagues in the country and always has had.......my pal and old strike partners boy has just been signed by East Thurrock unt and shows signs of becoming a decent little forward.

Best stop now or I will ramble on all night!!! Lol lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those players blatently diveing with out being touched should be red carded,, not yellow carded,,, and banned for a few matches,,, and if its not clear to the ref at the time,, then haveing a close l

does my fecking nut in,, footballers fall over at the drop of a hat..

[Mate I totally agree, but when you see the physical side combined with the skill its why football really is the beautiful game.......to be honest as I got older and lost about 5 yards of pace I enjoyed my football more, well not more but differently......you had to play with you brain a lot more.

I was never a fan of the choppers, but I have had some truly brilliant battles against some gigantic centre backs........we have gone at each other hammer and tongs for 90 minutes and at the end shock each others hand knowing we had a really good test!

I have seen really skilful player who lacked bottle and physical presence and hackers who couldnt kick a ball to save their life, but you get physical presence and skill together it's a great combination.

Holland vs Argentina, 2 minutes to go......Frank De Boer plays a 40 yd cross field pass......Bergkamp controls perfectly with his first touch and with his second touch he absolutely buries it with the outside of his boot high in the right hand top corner of the Argentine net!!!............you will never see a try in rugby that will ever give you goosebumps like a moment like that

Now thats a thing of beauty!!!

f**k me, you have started me off now! Lol lol

Couldnt agree more with that mate........this is why the theatricals in our game doesnt bother me too much....nobody likes it,but thats the price we pay for havingso many foreigners in our game.................the plus side in that though is we have the strongest football league in the world......over the last 10 years we have seen a quality of football in our premiership the likes of which we have never seen in England before.....if we have to put up with a bit of noncey rolling around and play acting then so be it.....

Our game in England was always about strength power and getting stuck in...we always had the longest football season in the world......whereas the Spanish,Dutch etc was all about skill and technical ability ( Bergkamp being a great example ).....................hopefully in our game over the next 20 years with the good side of the foreign influence we can find a combination of both.

Bergkamp,Cantona,Zola,Dicanio,Henry,Van Persie,Ronaldo................................you cant tell me you would rather go back to Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter ......give me overpaid fairies any time :laugh:

i cant see how you make out the premiership is the strongest in the world every year they get to the important stage of the champions league its bye bye just like arsenal tonight 4-0 tanking.And at the start bringing in the forenginers the thought behind it was to improve the english boys skills but it only showed them how to cheat and the games worse of for it. :icon_redface: .

Don't agree with that, how many English clubs have been in the semi final or final of the champions league in the last 15 years?....no bad for a little dot of a country I would say.

[]i cant see how you make out the premiership is the strongest in the world every year they get to the important stage of the champions league its bye bye just like arsenal tonight 4-0 tanking.And at the start bringing in the forenginers the thought behind it was to improve the english boys skills but it only showed them how to cheat and the games worse of for it. :icon_redface: .

Name a country with a stronger league ?

Where there are 7 clubs as big as Man utd,Man city,Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool,Tottenham,Newcastle..................and the average mid table club is as big as Everton or Villa.

And your telling me the skills of kids like Walcott,Chamberlain and Wiltshere at Arsenal have had no influence from the foreigners at the club......only cheating.

• Like 1

It was the echo league mate, I remember shenrab, I am sure I do........must have played against all those teams.

Got to the semi final of the Essex cup with a team of oldies we put together, winning 3-1 with 10 minutes to go and the right midfield lad had a girls fit and went on the missing.....3-3 at full time and lost on pens GUTTER.......I remember my feet were bleeding when I took my boots off at the end just sat in the circle absolutely burnt out.

My area that I live in has one of the biggest Sunday leagues in the country and always has had.......my pal and old strike partners boy has just been signed by East Thurrock unt and shows signs of becoming a decent little forward.

Plenty of top pros came from Senrab....

Ray Wilkins

Sol Campbell

John Terry

Ledley King

Defoe

Curbishley

Zamora......to name a few....................good luck to your pals boy,strike while the irons hot and all that.

Don't agree with that, how many English clubs have been in the semi final or final of the champions league in the last 15 years?....no bad for a little dot of a country I would say.

Semi finals i couldnt tell you but we,ve had a club in the Champions League final 6 out of the last 7 years Wilf.

• Like 1

Plenty of top pros came from Senrab....

Ray Wilkins

Sol Campbell

John Terry

Ledley King

Defoe

Curbishley

Zamora......to name a few....................good luck to your pals boy,strike while the irons hot and all that.

Maybe that's where I know the name shenrab from then mate as I don't remember playing against any players of that quality !! Lol lol

My oldest brother who is in his 60s now had trials for Millwall and boxed for south London boys but decided owning boozers was more his cup of tea than kicking a ball round a muddy field.......must have been off his head!!! Lol lol

[]i cant see how you make out the premiership is the strongest in the world every year they get to the important stage of the champions league its bye bye just like arsenal tonight 4-0 tanking.And at the start bringing in the forenginers the thought behind it was to improve the english boys skills but it only showed them how to cheat and the games worse of for it. :icon_redface: .

Name a country with a stronger league ?

Where there are 7 clubs as big as Man utd,Man city,Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool,Tottenham,Newcastle..................and the average mid table club is as big as Everton or Villa.

And your telling me the skills of kids like Walcott,Chamberlain and Wiltshere at Arsenal have had no influence from the foreigners at the club......only cheating.

the manager and coach take the credit for them and hes another cheat whens the last time he said his players dive but sees every thing else.do you not think if its so strong they should be winning more champions leagues.when they meet a decent foregin team they have them chasing shadows and cant hold the ball for 3to 4 passes like the best in england man utd versus barcaleona it was men aganist boys.put the clips off it up i cant do it.

Semi finals i couldnt tell you but we,ve had a club in the Champions League final 6 out of the last 7 years Wilf.

who remembers beaten finalists ask fergie no one.

the manager and coach take the credit for them and hes another cheat whens the last time he said his players dive but sees every thing else.do you not think if its so strong they should be winning more champions leagues.when they meet a decent foregin team they have them chasing shadows and cant hold the ball for 3to 4 passes like the best in england man utd versus barcaleona it was men aganist boys.put the clips off it up i cant do it.

I thought you said LEAGUES.....not individual clubs.....

Sure Barcelona and probably Real Madrid are stronger sides than Man Utd/Man City........but 2 sides dont make a league.............what are Spains 4th and 5th placed teams like compared to ours....what are their mid table teams like compared to ours.

Levante are 4th,Espanol 5th.............i might be wrong but id say our 4th placed club Arsenal and 5th Chelsea are far stronger clubs proven over the years

Top 2 id pick Barcelona and Madrid over our top 2...................over the whole league ours is far stronger in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
Dont know about Gareth Edwards try but that didnt half put a tingle through me................. :yes::D Get it round ye Lurcher1............ :boogy:
  • Like 1

I thought you said LEAGUES.....not individual clubs.....

Sure Barcelona and probably Real Madrid are stronger sides than Man Utd/Man City........but 2 sides dont make a league.............what are Spains 4th and 5th placed teams like compared to ours....what are their mid table teams like compared to ours.

Levante are 4th,Espanol 5th.............i might be wrong but id say our 4th placed club Arsenal and 5th Chelsea are far stronger clubs proven over the years

Top 2 id pick Barcelona and Madrid over our top 2...................over the whole league ours is far stronger in my opinion.

I was talking about leagues but if they come from the best league in the world surley they should be able to beat teams from the weaker leagues not get there ass whiped.And im a football fan but it,s all about opiones and thats mine sure look at the 2 best outta the permership how do they end up in the europa cup.atb hope west ham go up for ya this year. :thumbs: leeds will be there for another few yet .