rugby vs soccer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those players blatently diveing with out being touched should be red carded,, not yellow carded,,, and banned for a few matches,,, and if its not clear to the ref at the time,, then haveing a close l

does my fecking nut in,, footballers fall over at the drop of a hat..

Again, ok but its not big Jonny Hartson taking the roof out of liverpools net from 20 yds !! Lol lol

Or Beckham in the last minute against Greece

Or, or !! Lol lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Again, ok but its not big Jonny Hartson taking the roof out of liverpools net from 20 yds !! Lol lol

I do understand where your coming from WILF, that Bergkamp goal, the Maradona second goal, van Bastan volley. Skillful as feck but theres a lot of skill in rugby but also a lot of brute force, football will always be better on the eye. :thumbs:

• Like 1

On the whole football v rugby thing I love rugby with a passion but I also love football, both skillful and when played well are a pleasure to watch. :thumbs:

:thumbs: .......Im a footie man.....ive really tried to like Rugby, :D i went to my first game last year when the All Blacks came and played England....i thought well if im going to watch it i,ll watch it at the highest level..........i was bored to tears by half time it just looked a mess to me......but i accept theres most likely skills i just dont recognise......i respect any sports and sportsmen played at a high level......i just dont get the rugby fans always wanting to down football......it dont work the other way footie folk dont constantly bitch and moan about rugby......and i dont understand why they always turn it into a " tough man " contest :blink: .....give me skill over toughness any day of the week,just wish id had some !

[Mate I totally agree, but when you see the physical side combined with the skill its why football really is the beautiful game.......to be honest as I got older and lost about 5 yards of pace I enjoyed my football more, well not more but differently......you had to play with you brain a lot more.

I was never a fan of the choppers, but I have had some truly brilliant battles against some gigantic centre backs........we have gone at each other hammer and tongs for 90 minutes and at the end shock each others hand knowing we had a really good test!

I have seen really skilful player who lacked bottle and physical presence and hackers who couldnt kick a ball to save their life, but you get physical presence and skill together it's a great combination.

Holland vs Argentina, 2 minutes to go......Frank De Boer plays a 40 yd cross field pass......Bergkamp controls perfectly with his first touch and with his second touch he absolutely buries it with the outside of his boot high in the right hand top corner of the Argentine net!!!............you will never see a try in rugby that will ever give you goosebumps like a moment like that

Now thats a thing of beauty!!!

f**k me, you have started me off now! Lol lol

Couldnt agree more with that mate........this is why the theatricals in our game doesnt bother me too much....nobody likes it,but thats the price we pay for havingso many foreigners in our game.................the plus side in that though is we have the strongest football league in the world......over the last 10 years we have seen a quality of football in our premiership the likes of which we have never seen in England before.....if we have to put up with a bit of noncey rolling around and play acting then so be it.....

Our game in England was always about strength power and getting stuck in...we always had the longest football season in the world......whereas the Spanish,Dutch etc was all about skill and technical ability ( Bergkamp being a great example ).....................hopefully in our game over the next 20 years with the good side of the foreign influence we can find a combination of both.

Bergkamp,Cantona,Zola,Dicanio,Henry,Van Persie,Ronaldo................................you cant tell me you would rather go back to Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter ......give me overpaid fairies any time :laugh:

• Like 1

Talk about rough and tuff, when I used to play Saturday's in those east London leagues it could get a bit lively to say the least, some of the younger lads would get really intimidated......I have been threatened with stabbing, shooting you name it.....had teams of spades pissing in the kit bag and sparking a near f*****g riot, played in some right shitholes.

Then had to do it all again on Sunday!! Lol........rugby is a lot better mannered than that I will grant you, to be honest the dirtiest rugby team I watched was the Met Police, it would kick right off every time with those as they were spoiling for a ruck from the get go.

Talk about rough and tuff, when I used to play Saturday's in those east London leagues it could get a bit lively to say the least, some of the younger lads would get really intimidated......I have been threatened with stabbing, shooting you name it.....had teams of spades pissing in the kit bag and sparking a near f*****g riot, played in some right shitholes.

Then had to do it all again on Sunday!! Lol........rugby is a lot better mannered than that I will grant you, to be honest the dirtiest rugby team I watched was the Met Police, it would kick right off every time with those as they were spoiling for a ruck from the get go.

You must of played over Wanstead Flats Wilf.....think it used to be called the Echo league.......clubs like Senrab,Puma,Leyton all good clubs......used to go and watch a few pals over there used to be a great atmosphere must of been at least 50 pitches.........id get lumbered with carrying out the goalposts !!

[Mate I totally agree, but when you see the physical side combined with the skill its why football really is the beautiful game.......to be honest as I got older and lost about 5 yards of pace I enjoyed my football more, well not more but differently......you had to play with you brain a lot more.

I was never a fan of the choppers, but I have had some truly brilliant battles against some gigantic centre backs........we have gone at each other hammer and tongs for 90 minutes and at the end shock each others hand knowing we had a really good test!

I have seen really skilful player who lacked bottle and physical presence and hackers who couldnt kick a ball to save their life, but you get physical presence and skill together it's a great combination.

Holland vs Argentina, 2 minutes to go......Frank De Boer plays a 40 yd cross field pass......Bergkamp controls perfectly with his first touch and with his second touch he absolutely buries it with the outside of his boot high in the right hand top corner of the Argentine net!!!............you will never see a try in rugby that will ever give you goosebumps like a moment like that

Now thats a thing of beauty!!!

f**k me, you have started me off now! Lol lol

Couldnt agree more with that mate........this is why the theatricals in our game doesnt bother me too much....nobody likes it,but thats the price we pay for havingso many foreigners in our game.................the plus side in that though is we have the strongest football league in the world......over the last 10 years we have seen a quality of football in our premiership the likes of which we have never seen in England before.....if we have to put up with a bit of noncey rolling around and play acting then so be it.....

Our game in England was always about strength power and getting stuck in...we always had the longest football season in the world......whereas the Spanish,Dutch etc was all about skill and technical ability ( Bergkamp being a great example ).....................hopefully in our game over the next 20 years with the good side of the foreign influence we can find a combination of both.

Bergkamp,Cantona,Zola,Dicanio,Henry,Van Persie,Ronaldo................................you cant tell me you would rather go back to Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter ......give me overpaid fairies any time :laugh:

i cant see how you make out the premiership is the strongest in the world every year they get to the important stage of the champions league its bye bye just like arsenal tonight 4-0 tanking.And at the start bringing in the forenginers the thought behind it was to improve the english boys skills but it only showed them how to cheat and the games worse of for it. :icon_redface: .