Kennel chain twisting

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this thing about a dog on a chain will be more aggressive blah blah blah.....what nonsense......ive kept dogs on chains,in runs and on cable lines.....cable lines i always found best followed by c

hey lads i wasnt being a smart arse,just was messing he corrected someones grammar,and got it wrong himself.just thought it was funny sorry .

i i captain

IMO if you need to chain a dog you dont have adequate space to keep one properly so a dog is a nono with your fad.

a chained dog on a 6ft chain actually has access to 12x12ft...although thats assuming the dog has a clear run on all 4 sides... alot more room than a 8ft x 6ft run would take up...thereby debunking the adequate space theory..atb stabba

True Stabba....but if you have access to a 12x12 space then surely a nice kennel would be better. Or do some folk think the dog will be a hard b*****d if its on a big chain like the movies?... :hmm:

All this thing about a dog on a chain will be more aggressive blah blah blah.....what nonsense......ive kept dogs on chains,in runs and on cable lines.....cable lines i always found best followed by chains then runs last......a dog on a chain will have far more room,can see the world without looking through bars,and will feel far more close to you than being behind the door so to speak......think how many times you walk near or past your dog over the course of a day your much more likely to have a quick little pet or play about with your dog on the end of a chain than you are having to open a gate door and get in a kennel run.

Dogs dont exercise in a kennel run theres really not much difference between a 10 x 5 run and a 20 x 10 run he,s still not going to be able to exercise thats what he does when you take him out......id have a proper chain set up over a kennel/run every time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

K sorry I may not have gave use the right idea on this the reason Iam using this set up is cos the new kennel has yet too be built and the dog has over 20 feet length of chain on slabs I have a kennel set up all rdy for the lurchers but they got on with my last dog so could all be housed together but the new dog is a cocker pup and I don't trust my lurchers just yet with such a small dog so this is a temp situation and I have tried the swivels on either end of the chain the problem is if u know what cockers are like they keep going round in circles when ever u walk past has any one used any thing different too a chain or if it worked better

Hey there all could do with some advice I usually keep my dogs in kennels but can't afford a new kennel and run so iam using a pals cheap kennel with chain ATM but I can't find a way too stop the chain from twisting any one know of any old tricks too stop this

go to the shop and by a swivell they about a pound just depencse on the size or cut one of a old leader should do the trick

All this thing about a dog on a chain will be more aggressive blah blah blah.....what nonsense......ive kept dogs on chains,in runs and on cable lines.....cable lines i always found best followed by chains then runs last......a dog on a chain will have far more room,can see the world without looking through bars,and will feel far more close to you than being behind the door so to speak......think how many times you walk near or past your dog over the course of a day your much more likely to have a quick little pet or play about with your dog on the end of a chain than you are having to open a gate door and get in a kennel run.

Dogs dont exercise in a kennel run theres really not much difference between a 10 x 5 run and a 20 x 10 run he,s still not going to be able to exercise thats what he does when you take him out......id have a proper chain set up over a kennel/run every time.

In YOUR experience gnash, i respect that, but also in MY experience i have seen several guarding breeds become more aggressive when put on a kennel and chain. I know this is the popular set-up with bulldogs, so perhaps its mainly a gaurding breed mind set....

cant abide seeing dogs on chains. probably becouse every chained dog ive seen has been kept like sh1t . scrapyards farms and a few back garden guarddogs. all manky with poor housing and shite everywhere. you can only go on what you see. and thats what ive seen

• Like 1