Kennel chain twisting

Hey there all could do with some advice I usually keep my dogs in kennels but can't afford a new kennel and run so iam using a pals cheap kennel with chain ATM but I can't find a way too stop the chain from twisting any one know of any old tricks too stop this

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this thing about a dog on a chain will be more aggressive blah blah blah.....what nonsense......ive kept dogs on chains,in runs and on cable lines.....cable lines i always found best followed by c

hey lads i wasnt being a smart arse,just was messing he corrected someones grammar,and got it wrong himself.just thought it was funny sorry .

i i captain

You need swivels at each end of the chain, although i hate the idea of tethering a dog in such a way...........

why?

I've heard a few people say the same,but i thinks it's the best way to go,the only downside being clueless c**ts sticking their nose in and saying it's cruel for the dog.

You need swivels at each end of the chain, although i hate the idea of tethering a dog in such a way...........

why?

I've heard a few people say the same,but i thinks it's the best way to go,the only downside being clueless c**ts sticking their nose in and saying it's cruel for the dog.

I think a dog has more freedom in a good sized run, i also think being tethered for long periods of time can alter a dogs temperament........

i tether my horse like that nowt wrong wi that

Well its all about opinions and be boring if we all thought the same......

why?

I think a dog has more freedom in a good sized run, i also think being tethered for long periods of time can alter a dogs temperament........

that would depend on the size of the run/chain,would it not?

I've seen some really cramped grotty kennels.

how does it alter the temperament?

mine have all lived both ways,and i haven't noticed a difference,if anything they get more frustrated/pent up being in the kennel for long periods.

not saying your wrong btw,just curious because if/when i move i'll be going back to chains.

what ever floats yer boat mate

why?

mine have all lived both ways,and i haven't noticed a difference,if anything they get more frustrated/pent up being in the kennel for long periods.

not saying your wrong btw,just curious because if/when i move i'll be going back to chains.

I must admit, i dont know or have known anyone who has lurchers on a kennel and chain but i have seen a marked increase in territorial aggression in many guarding breeds, as i said just personal opinion, i prefer a draught free kennel and large run, also the kennel offers greater security in this day and age...

Please, no nautical termanology :laugh:

Please, no nautical termanology :laugh:

i i captain
  • Like 1

why?

I must admit, i dont know or have known anyone who has lurchers on a kennel and chain but i have seen a marked increase in territorial aggression in many guarding breeds, as i said just personal opinion, i prefer a draught free kennel and large run, also the kennel offers greater security in this day and age...

im sure some lads would love a big run but dont hae the room

why?

:thumbs:

could see that happening with some dogs,especially if they could see visitors coming and going.

mine were all soft as shite to start with.

• Like 1