airedale

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you'd think skycat was the first person to ever cross an airedale listening to some of them wouldn't you!

if you think they would be usefull as a cross and stated you would of taken one then why spout out all this shit ,and why not say it in the previous thread when penny announced the litter?

I know Rob, I'm terribly ashamed But hey, but I'm raking all that cash in from writing articles about them! And as anyone knows who has written for the CMW, you get ever so rich writing articles

in fairness stabba is a good guy ,iv heard that straight from a girl that lamped with him but i guess its an open forum and we all have our opinions

Im sure he is,only having a laugh,Its only the internet. :thumbs:

:icon_redface:;)

a good dog bloke in sunderland called fritz had a airdale dog and trained it as a general gun dog it turned out ok and on several outings got stuck right into foxes that had been shot with shot gun but were still trying to escape it was also very hard mouthed on shot birds

this litter in all fairness should have been culled it his not unusuall for unwanted accidents to be humanely disposed off instead ther his all the talk and articles how and what they are doing in the field folk new to the dog game will be thinking ill try one utter garbage lets get real there we have the heavy rough coated terrier in the wheaton and there aint no aredale that comes to him ,i wonder his this fashion now being brought about by writer on the lurcher dogs ill telll ya some would be best sticking to poodles and poms this accident has and will be rolling in the coin for a good while yet mark my words ,atb bunnys.

Fair enough mate, but what annoys me is when a well known and respected Lurcher owner, breeder, writer has an ACCIDENTAL MATING, the result is idiots thinking this will be a good cross !! Penny should come on and tell everyone this wasn't a planned mating ! I wish her and the pups the very best, but I think if she wanted to keep the litter, she should have waited until they did, or didn't do the job, before talking about them ! There are to many people who will try this cross simply because Skycat has them; and may well end up being dissapointed !

Cheers.

So she should have kept them hidden away, not told anyone?

That would have given the nit picking argumentative types loads of ammo when it all eventually came out :huh:

this litter in all fairness should have been culled it his not unusuall for unwanted accidents to be humanely disposed off instead ther his all the talk and articles how and what they are doing in the field folk new to the dog game will be thinking ill try one utter garbage lets get real there we have the heavy rough coated terrier in the wheaton and there aint no aredale that comes to him ,i wonder his this fashion now being brought about by writer on the lurcher dogs ill telll ya some would be best sticking to poodles and poms this accident has and will be rolling in the coin for a good while yet mark my words ,atb bunnys.

why should have they been culled ??? 2 working dogs ,worker x worker before breed comes 2 mind ,you metion weatons terreirs their proberly just as many airedales working terriers as weatons these days imo

This forum amazes me. Could you be any more santimonious? Why do you even care?

A litter of pups was bred, so what, It happens everyday and i'd be willing to bet these turn out better than most the shit you see advertised on here. The simple reason for that has nothing to do with the breeding, which isnt ideal, but pups have had a decent start and gifted to decent working homes. As it happens they look to be coming on ok, Pennys pair at least.

At the day of the day, no one else is feeding them or working them so I honestly cant see what you're so interested for unless its just a chance to have a go at skycat?

Edited by Tyla
  • Like 2

there's a few comments made on here saying that people who are defending the decision to keep the pups are just ass kissing because of who it is that bred them......IMO it's the opposite way round, if it was anyone else it'd have passed unnoticed with maybe the odd comment from a few people that would be interested how they turn out. As it's skycat who did the breeding, people have jumped on it as an ideal opportunity to have a pop.......I don't even know why it was dragged up again, the lad wasn't even asking about airedale lurchers! he was just asking about airedales, so why did people start ranting on about the airedale lurcher litter, rather than the pure airedale that skycat works?.....simple answer, they wanted to have a pop at skycat and that gave them the chance to :yes:

Skycat....two proven working dogs producing a litter, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!!!!!

• Like 1

there's a few comments made on here saying that people who are defending the decision to keep the pups are just ass kissing because of who it is that bred them......IMO it's the opposite way round, if it was anyone else it'd have passed unnoticed with maybe the odd comment from a few people that would be interested how they turn out. As it's skycat who did the breeding, people have jumped on it as an ideal opportunity to have a pop.......I don't even know why it was dragged up again, the lad wasn't even asking about airedale lurchers! he was just asking about airedales, so why did people start ranting on about the airedale lurcher litter, rather than the pure airedale that skycat works?.....simple answer, they wanted to have a pop at skycat and that gave them the chance to :yes:

Skycat....two proven working dogs producing a litter, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!!!!!

I know Rob, I'm terribly ashamed :tongue2::laugh: But hey, but I'm raking all that cash in from writing articles about them! :tongue2: And as anyone knows who has written for the CMW, you get ever so rich writing articles :tongue2:

(For those with only half a brain cell: the tongue smilie means that I'm joking!)

• Like 2

what gets me ,when a statment above made by bunnys saying they should have been culled ,i bet 80% of the most popular lurcher going at the moment the bullx is getting bred 2 non workers i.e a bull that has,nt seen a days graft in it life just because is got a head like a bucket and greyhound that could,nt win a race against terriers ,not all are bred like this but loads are ,my point is both parents are workers and what should matter formost

I know Rob, I'm terribly ashamed :tongue2::laugh: But hey, but I'm raking all that cash in from writing articles about them! :tongue2: And as anyone knows who has written for the CMW, you get ever so rich writing articles :tongue2:

(For those with only half a brain cell: the tongue smilie means that I'm joking!)

you should have changed your username and thrown any old whippet over a non working staff, all you would have got then is comments on how they'd be quite handy :yes:

Guest Manitoba

still full of shite bunnys :yes: if your not bleating about mb now you using the" for cash" bullshit on penny,,,,,,, 35years back down south there was an airdale x that was worked very hard and was an awesome dispatcher of allsorts called earl and was hard as nails ;)

Edited by Manitoba

not interested in breeding as they is enough pups about what i was after is information regarding the airedale as a terrier not as a lurcher mix i did want to know on how they do bushing rabbit and fox and a bit of ratting i only ask because i dont want a terrier going to ground but i do like it to have some balls and be willing to push out a fox or reluctant deer to the guns or lurchers if its not the right sort i will not pursue it but ask for info on other breeds that will work along side the lurchers

I am sure there are a few airdales with terrier sized balls but if i was you i would stick to the beddlington. i have worked with many of these and there lurcher cross and it will give you what you are looking for crossed in to your lurchers!! Obviously just my opinion but hope it helps. find a nice proven dog and i recon you will be pleased with what you get cheers snatch

the decision to bring the litter in to the public domain and the need to find material to write about we know ya aint goina get mega bucks the said mag .but influening those just starting out on so called accidents which they are not because this could of being rectified ,there must of been serious thought on wether to keep the bitch in pup or dispose of the oncoming welps .having apop has beensaid maybe so but the influence skycat has on folk especially the following type who believe everything in print she writes his how it his well to folk who believe this ican only laugh at these sorts.the wheaton has been mentioned to the fella believe me there his still plenty of good working wheaton lines to be got and ther his alsoplenty of bedlington types for lurcher production .these can busually be found the terrier enthusiasts who work them on what they were bred for get real there are those that keep lurcher types for what they were bred for not status and monetary terms with egos and bank balances to the fella i believe this his the title MBcomes underPUT YOUR SELF IN THE PUPLIC DOMAIN AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE PUT UNDER SCRUTINY, THATS LIFE AND PART AND PARCEL OF BEING A AUTHORITY ON LURCHES RUNNING DOGS Sometimes tthings need to be said and i am entitled to my oppinion on thisjust because so and so and sonow for all you followers mistakes i have made plenty in my time of keeping terriers lurcher and running dogs but i rectified this ya know how well i will be honest with you and the word cull and cull harwas annd his the only way for accidents and for those that dont make the standard i expect from the such breed .atb bunnys..