Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

Well isn't Hugh getting a bit of a roasting for making a pound or two

Not that lab,but he has started to believe the HFW legend as of late,much better would be a kick-off twixt HFW,Oliver and Ramsey,my cash is on Gordy.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats my point mackem. Yeh hes made a good amount of money and I most probably would have done the same but in doing so he killed the real essence of the original series. Fair play to him but what he

in london like he was an only came down for filming

i would not be able to eat dog. but i think he makes a fair enough point though about us putting some animals on a pedestal and not other, the only difference really is our perception of whats OK

Posted Images

Well the way i see things are when you make a tv programme you get a budget to work off and in his success he has obviously been granted a larger budget. I dont see why he would go and make beans on toast in a council house when he could make them in a state of the art kitchen in some mansion somewhere. His recipes are not packed with the most expensive ingredients and he doesn't ask you to go out and purchase a 30k mincing machine to make his meals so to say he is leaning towards the middle to upper class instead of the working class is alien too me.

• Like 1

Well the way i see things are when you make a tv programme you get a budget to work off and in his success he has obviously been granted a larger budget. I dont see why he would go and make beans on toast in a council house when he could make them in a state of the art kitchen in some mansion somewhere. His recipes are not packed with the most expensive ingredients and he doesn't ask you to go out and purchase a 30k mincing machine to make his meals so to say he is leaning towards the middle to upper class instead of the working class is alien too me.

:victory:

IF YOU EAT A LOT OF TAKEAWAY YOU PROBABLY ALREADY TRIED IT somebody found a chip out of a dog in there beef curry out of our local

chippy i used to use in the 80s got raided and they found dogs in the freezers and to be honest they used to do the best steak n kidney pies for miles ...
so to say he is leaning towards the middle to upper class instead of the working class is alien too me

Yhen we have different perceptions of the same program,not the end of the world.

:thumbs:

partial to a bit of hunting ,shooting ,and fishing .. gets my vote

As are many of those who pass judgement upon lesser mortals in their courts of law,and those who make the laws of the land themselves,most of whom appear to live in cloud cuckoo land going by the state of the country.

• Like 1

speaking from experience he is a cock most everyone down here hates him he has shafted folks businesses all over and tries to make out that being aligned with him is something to be revered when infact you just end up as an overdraft extension for them.

• Like 1

speaking from experience he is a cock most everyone down here hates him he has shafted folks businesses all over and tries to make out that being aligned with him is something to be revered when infact you just end up as an overdraft extension for them.

:laugh: @ Huey

You are correct dan, he really has made himself very unpopular with the locals. I have first hand experience of the clown!

get away he`s got loads of mates down thr, sausage makers, fish smokers chicken breeders , fishermen, queen of the cakes, jam makers, sheep breeders ,rabbit and pigeon shooters , all the people that turn up and sit on bales of hay round that big old camp fire eating pig roast --- dont you watch his programme :whistling:
  • Like 1
get away he`s got loads of mates

Indeed he has,havent you watched the show?Those rustic-garbed russet-cheeked countryfolks quaffing rose-hip punch and munching Hughes very own Pigeon Pitta Pockets while dexterously peeling manglewurzels for the next recipe,why.......they are his RIVER COTTAGE CHUMS!

• Like 1

The man may not be a very popular character in that vicinity, but when he was in the first River Cottage series, I envied his lifestyle. I even referred to my chicken patch as chicken polis.lol.

He's made a lot of money from his passion, wish i could do the same.... jammy twat. :cray: