your greatest personal achievement to date.....?

kids will be kids and as they grow up they take their own routes, some good and some not so good, all you can do as a parent is advise and be there when your needed. Its amazing to read on here how many of our fathers were crap at it, mine was definetly no exception either. is that just our perception in an attempt to make our stab at fatherhood seem better than the one we thought we had?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

same as the others,, kids,,, sombody once said to me if you have a son, you have one to worry about,, if you have a daughter, you have half a town to worry about, think about it!!

I would like to shake your hand for the soup mate

well i dont have kids but i did save a kids life once.so i guess that would be up there.ive not been a great achiever in my life tbh.ive just done what i had to do and got by.im relatively comfortable

kids will be kids and as they grow up they take their own routes, some good and some not so good, all you can do as a parent is advise and be there when your needed. Its amazing to read on here how many of our fathers were crap at it, mine was definetly no exception either. is that just our perception in an attempt to make our stab at fatherhood seem better than the one we thought we had?

I was lucky in that my dad always gave us everything he could, and never ever laid a hand on any of us 3 kids. He died when I was only 21, and although we did a few things together, it truly is my biggest regret (and boy, I've made some mistakes in my life!) that I wasn't a better son, and I'd spent more time with him when I could've.

Being a good dad, if i achieve nothing else in life that will do............

:thumbs: Likewise mate, my kids are the beginning and end for me.........everything else can go and f**k itself :victory:

• Like 1

I would say whilst I have 4 fantastic children they are most definitely my wifes achievement I just dont' give them the time nor attention they deserve what with work and frankly my own selfish behaviour so as for my own greatest achievement well I aint there yet but I sure am working on it and I just hope my family can put up with my shite till I can be the father/husband they deserve.

• Like 2

I would say whilst I have 4 fantastic children they are most definitely my wifes achievement I just dont' give them the time nor attention they deserve what with work and frankly my own selfish behaviour so as for my own greatest achievement well I aint there yet but I sure am working on it and I just hope my family can put up with my shite till I can be the father/husband they deserve.

amen :thumbs:

As above kids as number one.

apart from that probably spitting in Maggie Thatchers soup is right up there as a runner up

I would like to shake your hand for the soup mate

haha, thanks mate. It was just one of those opportunities that presented itself years a go when I was doing silver service that seemed too good to miss

• Like 1

well i dont have kids but i did save a kids life once.so i guess that would be up there.ive not been a great achiever in my life tbh.ive just done what i had to do and got by.im relatively comfortable and enjoy my life so id say i was contented.

a teacher once wrote on my report card.

scott sets himself very low standards.unfortunaeatly he does not live up to them lol

• Like 3

well i dont have kids but i did save a kids life once.so i guess that would be up there.ive not been a great achiever in my life tbh.ive just done what i had to do and got by.im relatively comfortable and enjoy my life so id say i was contented.

scott sets himself very low standards.unfortunaeatly he does not live up to them lol

:laugh:

Cheeky c**t!

FTB

:laugh: :laugh:

i remember a teacher saying i`d never make anything of my life -- palmer 7 year later the painting firm i owend landed the contract for painting the whole school inside and out had to meet the deputy head -- palmer :whistling: and caretaker on the first day of the summer hols to arrange keys should of seen the cnuts face when i stepped out a bmw .. :boogy: class .. (the bm was borrowed off my father in law :D ) Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

:laugh:

Cheeky c**t!

FTB

he was mate,you know the type,im sure you had similar teachers.to smart for thier own good.although he was pretty funny at times.sad thing about that teacher.his car broke down on the callender road,and he was pushing it to the garage,while his wife steered it.car ran into the back of him killing him stone dead.