RSPCA Investgate TV Dog Trainner

Load of bollocks, it that dog were mine it would get worse than a food bowl being kicked away, f*****g pathetic, ive had some right b*****ds come to me for training and not everything can be cured with a clicker, titbits and peace and love in our hearts......................

spot on, all dogs are differnt, so some need a really firm hand, and some not. I have taken all my dogs to training over the years, just to get them used to other dogs from a young are. Some of the feckers need a bullet that ive seen , if the owners had been more firm like that lad was you wouldnt have so many nasty dogs that are about today. he should get his job back. :yes:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would you vary your methods for different breeds?   A terrier type always benefits from a firm hand and clear boundries, its what they understand best in their small thuggish little brain (imho) whe

I think the problem with a lot of people who have to get someone in to '' sort'' there dog out is because they treat them as '' kids'' , if dogs are treated as dogs from the very start then a lot of t

Firstly, he did not kick the dog, he moved his foot towards it to show that he had the floor: pushing his occupation of the space to show the dog that it had to stay back. Then the little shit bit his

It's all very well people shouting off on the forum," I would kick the dog" or I would do what ever.

But maybe just think about what the implications are if that was aired on TV to the general public??!! More idiot walking the streets thinking it's OK to kick dogs in the name of training.

And that I think is the point.

Alot of this dominance theory in dog training is proven to incorrect, almost as bad as Barabara Woodhouse crimes to dogs and dog training.

Edited by Sirius

He did a good job. That dog thought it was the dominant force in that house how on earth is that acceptable!!

Caesar Milan has similar techniques.

Alternative situation police take dog away after it bites a child and dog gets put down...child suffers, dog suffers and owners suffer.

It's all very well people shouting off on the forum," I would kick the dog" or I would do what ever.

But maybe just think about what the implications are if that was aired on TV to the general public??!! More idiot walking the streets thinking it's OK to kick dogs in the name of training.

Alot of this dominance theory in dog training is proven to incorrect, almost as bad as Barabara Woodhouse crimes to dogs and dog training.

I don't think people seriously mean that if they were the presenter on a TV programme that they'd put their foot through the dog! :icon_eek:

and re. the dominance theory....you do need to be dominant over the dog, simple as that. One of you has to be the dominant one, and if it's the dog then you have a problem!

That's a valid point, but I feel that people who know the differing mentality of certain dog breeds and how to best deal with their dogs based on a dog by dog basis, and then apply the differing type & strength of correctional training needed shouldn't always have to justify themselves to the masses. :no: I personally come on here for the most part to converse with like minded individuals, not always to educate the inexperienced. If something needs explaining, it's up to the person who it needs explaining too, to ask. :thumbs:

If you cant tell the difference then get a cat.................. :thumbs:

i tend to shout at them in a agreesive manner.dont like to see cowed dogs.ive seen plenty in my time and gives the wrong impression on the owners.automatically they think he hits that dog.im not saying i havent lost my cool and grabbed the dog by the scruff and roared in its face.but if im honest i dont particularly like doing that either.a firm NO normally sorts the prob.im sure in fact i know there are dogs out there that are just plain crazy,and im no dog behaveourist so i would need to either get shot of it or take it to a proper dog trainer.thankfully i have never had such an animal that i needed to.

But he isn't kicking the dog! That's like saying me smacking my daughter is beating her up! There is a difference and idiots will always be idiots and they don't need TV to be a nasty piece of work and abuse animals!

A firm hand and making the dog understand he is at the bottom of the pecking order in that house (where it should be) will probably save it's life in the long run. How much longer before they get rid of it and it goes to the RSPCA where it is then killed because no one else will want it. It has been allowed to be aggressive towards people which I think is inexcusable and because the dog has no respect towards the owners and probably even less towards the children. It is a matter of time before it bites someone!!

I would love to see your treat based training work on that dog :)

A lot of it is down to your body language, they pick up on more signals that you'd think. But they won't necessarily respond to that in the right way if they see themselves as being higher than you in the pecking order.

My mastiff was a good example of a certain type of dominant behaviour. I never had any problems with him, apart from this one time when my brother in law and his mrs came over to stay at ours.....for some reason he got it into his head she was lower than him, he never showed aggression or anything like that but he would stand in door ways and refuse to budge when she wanted to get past, she would literally have to squeeze past him. And if she was sat down he'd go and sit next to her and sort of edge her legs out of his way. It was really wierd cos he never did it with anyone else, might have been due to the fact he was heavier than her :laugh: He'd stand in the door way and move to one side when we were going through, and then step back in the way when she was coming............funny in some ways but I had to nip that in the bud straight away, you never know how that type of behaviour might progress, especially in a dog that size! they need to know they're at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to people, and that includes kids and babies!

But he isn't kicking the dog! That's like saying me smacking my daughter is beating her up! There is a difference and idiots will always be idiots and they don't need TV to be a nasty piece of work and abuse animals!

A firm hand and making the dog understand he is at the bottom of the pecking order in that house (where it should be) will probably save it's life in the long run. How much longer before they get rid of it and it goes to the RSPCA where it is then killed because no one else will want it. It has been allowed to be aggressive towards people which I think is inexcusable and because the dog has no respect towards the owners and probably even less towards the children. It is a matter of time before it bites someone!!

I would love to see your treat based training work on that dog :)

that's what's ironic about it and typical of the RSPCA.....if heavy handed tactics weren't used then the dog would no doubt be PTS at some point because nothing else would stop that behaviour, but they don't see things like that, retards!

that's what's ironic about it and typical of the RSPCA.....if heavy handed tactics weren't used then the dog would no doubt be PTS at some point because nothing else would stop that behaviour, but they don't see things like that, retards!

It's no secret that one of the main aims of the RSPCA is a total & compete end to pet ownership in the UK so they don't really care either way.. :no: