wheaten terrier x staff ???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to En

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.    

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here a

Posted Images

hi all jus got a new pup mother a full weaten terrier 20in father a crackin staff 19 in always liked the idea of this cross does any of u own//work this type or no sum 1 tat does wat are they like any info wud help tanx

my mate keeps one ...good for foxs but to hard

hi all jus got a new pup mother a full weaten terrier 20in father a crackin staff 19 in always liked the idea of this cross does any of u own//work this type or no sum 1 tat does wat are they like any info wud help tanx

Can a drawing dog be too hard?

• Like 1

eh?????????

seems fair tall for a staff maybe a touch of pit in him just a taught :thumbs:

dug a few times with a lad from cork about 6 years ago.he used glen/wheaten cross russells. he had a cracking wheaten x staff about 16 in and just about spannable if you had giant hands. we used him in some deep large setts.he was some dog, find anywhere and absolutly annialated is quarry.never quit. was calm when chained up near a sett when it was not his time to work.i would have had a kennel full of em if they are all like him

dug a few times with a lad from cork about 6 years ago.he used glen/wheaten cross russells. he had a cracking wheaten x staff about 16 in and just about spannable if you had giant hands. we used him in some deep large setts.he was some dog, find anywhere and absolutly annialated is quarry.never quit. was calm when chained up near a sett when it was not his time to work.i would have had a kennel full of em if they are all like him

I find dogs like that real exciting to work with,theyd set your heart on fire when youve a good one.

seems fair tall for a staff maybe a touch of pit in him just a taught :thumbs:

he is like a pit to be honest crackin animal mines only 9 weeks yet little cracker ill get sum pics up

Potential nightmare.

I have a Wheaten cross...

I bred a Wheaten bitch to a Staff about 14 or so years ago and only a couple of them ended up getting work, as they are quite specialized, the rest were absolute nightmares, strictly on the lead dogs.