wheaten terrier x staff ???

gud question billy i jus a hairy dogs better hides his battle scars better pits a bit brain dead at times 2 this is my 9 week old pup

LANGUAGE USED ON THIS POST SAYS IT ALL FOR ME, ENOUGH SAID I THINK!! :thumbs:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to En

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.    

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here a

Posted Images

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here and as my bitch Dusty and my dog Red excelled at the job required at the time, and were bred from top performance dogs from that era, then it was not surprising that I would mate these two to try to replicate dogs which would perform the job we required. We weren't trying to improve the Wheaten or the staff.....I was trying to produce dogs which would succeed at the task asked of them at that time.

Grip proved himself dead game!

• Like 3

15200483512AM9410_TN.jpg

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to England.

• Like 5

BOLIO, THE POINT I WAS MAKING IS THAT THE LANGUAGE USED IN SOME POSTS WAS VERY INAPPROPRIATE FOR AN OPEN INTERNET SITE THAT HAS MORE ANTIS THAN HUNTERS. SOME PPL NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND THINK BEFORE THEY PUT WORDS ON THE SCREEN. BRINGS MORE HEAT THAN IS WANTED. WE'RE TRYING OUR BEST TO EDUCATE AND TRY AND HAVE PPL UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR USING DOGS FOR PEST CONTROL. SLABBERING ABOUT SCARS AND WAR WOUNDS AND HIDING THEM DOESN'T PROMOTE OUR SPORT IN A GOOD LIGHT. EVERY GENUINE MAN THAT WORKS DOGS KNOWS THAT THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT DOGS WILL GET MARKED UP, BUT BROADCASTING IT ON OPEN INTERNET FORUMS DOESN'T DO ANYTHING BUT "BIG UP" THE OWNER. PERSONALLY I WOULD BE MORE CAREFUL WHO I WOULD GIVE PUPS TO!

• Like 1

I won't argue with you there Hepher..... my post was purely for historical purposes. This was all a long time ago.

THE INFO IS MUCH APPRECCIATED. WE ALL STRIVE TO BREED GOOD WORKERS WHETHER THEY BE TERRIERS OR DRAW DOGS, RESPECT TO YA MATE. I HOPE THAT YOU GET A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF WORKERS FROM THE BREEDING. :thumbs:

Sorry Mick, at that time it wasn't cool to be seen taking pix at these events and that's the way it should have remained.

It's memories only now I'm afraid.

i understand just interested in them seen one the other day was no working stock though

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here and as my bitch Dusty and my dog Red excelled at the job required at the time, and were bred from top performance dogs from that era, then it was not surprising that I would mate these two to try to replicate dogs which would perform the job we required. We weren't trying to improve the Wheaten or the staff.....I was trying to produce dogs which would succeed at the task asked of them at that time.

Grip proved himself dead game!

is that the pic of Grip from Rickys book

Edited by lurcher330

That's a pic I scanned in and posted on the web years ago. It has done the rounds since then. Ricky and I corresponded a lot for years in between events and I will have sent him a copy of that shot way back when. The book consists of a load of pix myself and many others sent him over the years.

Fair play to him for keeping it all together for those interested in history.

BOLIO, THE POINT I WAS MAKING IS THAT THE LANGUAGE USED IN SOME POSTS WAS VERY INAPPROPRIATE FOR AN OPEN INTERNET SITE THAT HAS MORE ANTIS THAN HUNTERS. SOME PPL NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND THINK BEFORE THEY PUT WORDS ON THE SCREEN. BRINGS MORE HEAT THAN IS WANTED. WE'RE TRYING OUR BEST TO EDUCATE AND TRY AND HAVE PPL UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR USING DOGS FOR PEST CONTROL. SLABBERING ABOUT SCARS AND WAR WOUNDS AND HIDING THEM DOESN'T PROMOTE OUR SPORT IN A GOOD LIGHT. EVERY GENUINE MAN THAT WORKS DOGS KNOWS THAT THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT DOGS WILL GET MARKED UP, BUT BROADCASTING IT ON OPEN INTERNET FORUMS DOESN'T DO ANYTHING BUT "BIG UP" THE OWNER. PERSONALLY I WOULD BE MORE CAREFUL WHO I WOULD GIVE PUPS TO!

hepher sori mate i see excatcly wat ur sayin i need to tink more [bANNED TEXT] i speak or write in this case point takin sori 4 takin a swipe at u all the best ill try not to be so stupid on future posts dont want to f**k things up 4 myself or any else on ere ok :thumbs:

15200483512AM9410_TN.jpg

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to England.

tat oscar is a crackin lookin dog lovely type

• 3 weeks later...