wheaten terrier x staff ???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to En

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.    

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here a

Posted Images

There is a book called Canine Gladiators by Ed Reid that had some good old photos of a lot of Irish bred dogs. in it. I loaned it out never got it back. Book is very hard to get now.

same ere let a mate borrow it didnt come back it showed two youn dogs after a 15min roll near the beging of the book if i remember thats about 20 plus years ago

Got a dog and bitch wheaten x bull that i bred,gona put a glenn over the bitch when she comes in season

why would you want to do that im just curious

because i own them and they are very good workers.

They are a good animal at what they were bred for.I had 1 about 1984..85 out of p.kings rambo to a very game staff,hell of a dog to work.

Got a dog and bitch wheaten x bull that i bred,gona put a glenn over the bitch when she comes in season

They are a good animal at what they were bred for.I had 1 about 1984..85 out of p.kings rambo to a very game staff,hell of a dog to work.

any pics of him fatman

any pics of him fatman

Dont do pics buddy,sorry,he was a broken coated light brindle with a head like a bucket,not the best about other dogs while in the yard but when he was in the field he was ok.

any pics of him fatman

Dont do pics buddy,sorry,he was a broken coated light brindle with a head like a bucket,not the best about other dogs while in the yard but when he was in the field he was ok.

didnt do pics myself but gutted i havnt got none now of old dogs :thumbs:

years ago we had an accidental mating between a powerful staff dog and a glen bitch,neither did proper work ,just vermin and the odd fox in haybales,didn't realise what we had,gave one to an old girl as a pet,fine till about 18 months then it killed half the dogs in her village!

bolio were some of the dogs used for ground work or just at end of dig and events. i had one of these crosses a few years ago and it was very game.

They were used as strong dogs snizle06, too big and too silent to be sounders.

hi all jus got a new pup mother a full weaten terrier 20in father a crackin staff 19 in always liked the idea of this cross does any of u own//work this type or no sum 1 tat does wat are they like any info wud help tanx

Any photos of the dam and sire? Is the father an Irish staffy?